dolphin_oracle
@anti - no not really. and commenting out the"eval" line in the flux startup file simply leaves the slim wallpaper in place. I've never really noticed this before...but we basically do not have any real easy way to NOT have a wallpaper, at least in flux.
dolphin_oracle
ok, weird hack. In the default theme set that antiX comes with for flux, there are not many of the themes that actually set a background color. As far as I can tell,"ASH" is the only theme that changes the background by setting a color instead of an image. Most of the themes don't bother with a image or color specification. sleek2antix sets an image that overwrites the feh chooser in control centre.

Now I have a half-assed work around that lets the background color come through. I created a transparent background image and used the chooser to set that. Now since most of the themes don't bother with background change, the default is actually white the way I did the image. If I select ASH as my theme, the background color comes through as black as specified in the theme. This survives a reboot as long as ASH is the theme.

Limited case perhaps, but it should allow someone to customize a theme to allow a background color to come through.

***edit*** nevermind everything I wrote above. What is actually happening is that the background settings in the fluxbox themes, no matter what they are color or image, overide what is set by feh. So if you want a background colar instead of an image,you simply have to specify that in the theme of choice. Still would be neat to be able to say"none" in the wallpaper chooser, but at least its easy to overide.
dolphin_oracle
well, from my explorations with feh and the themes, the following themes included with antix-m11-pt1 will override the settings from the wallpaper chooser at reboot.

ash - sets a black color as the background
sleek2antix - sets a wallpaper
sleek2flux - sets a wallpaper
madcrow
Hi and happy new year from France!

I' m testing antix-base and it' s very good!
However , why antixCC and fluxbox themes aren' t included in the base flavor?

If i install this release, can i have the final release with dist-upgrade?

Thank's and sorry for my poor english!

+
rokytnji
However , why antixCC and fluxbox themes aren' t included in the base flavor?
Because base is meant to be built upon by the user.

AntiXcc is a script that is included only in full Iso. Since you have base. No one will know what you will build as far as programs like Slitaz mount and other stuff included in antixcc. Hope you understand what I mean. (Hung over Biker)
madcrow
Hi!

ok and thank' s a lot!!!!

+
plvera
I used antix2usb with persist for M11 and loaded some programs that I typically use. Then I plugged in the USB into another laptop and while pcmanfm displayed the harddrives, when I clicked on then they disappeared. I could not mount them since they were not listed in /mnt.

Any suggestions on what to do?
thanks
Pedro
dolphin_oracle
I also ran into this with pcmanfm. I ended up using the mount utility in the control centre (slitaz's mount untility if memory serves). I've since used rox-filer without too much issue.
plvera
Thanks for the suggestion, but the hard drives are also not showing up using the CC>Mount connected devices, or with rox.
dolphin_oracle
I just tried your scenario on my machine. In my case, when I used pcmanfm to access the internal drive (I'm also booting from a liveusb), it did disappear from pcmanfm's quicklist, however, it was still listed in /mnt, and actually shown as mounted under rox-filer. Interestingly, mnt shows up in two places on the liveCD/USB, under /aufs/mnt and /mnt. Its /mnt (the usual) where my internal drives are showing up. A usb stick showed up in /media as expected.

out of curiosity, have you tried rebooting and using only rox? pcmanfm and rox use different methods to mount paritions, so maybe there is some sort of problem there. Under antiX, I have found rox to be far more stable than pcmanfm. If I want a file manager other than rox, I usually install thunar or xfe.
oldhoghead
Site Admin
I concur with dolphin on pcmanfm, it's way too quirky for me, so I use rox

cheers,
ohh
plvera
Thanks!
Starting rox from a terminal, and then finding the"right" mnt did the trick.Now it's working just fine.
anticapitalista
Site Admin
pedro, if you open pcmanfm first and go to the /mnt direcrory using the up arrow, you will see then partitions, but they will not open or will be black because pcmanfm uses the names in its left hand panel to do the mounting and then you have to go to the folder. A real pain.
Also if you then open rox, the folders are all auto-mounted. Not good IMO
plvera
Thanks Anti. That procedure works well too.
drg
On basic issues, good results with the -pt1-486 versions on P200MMX, 64M ram.

I like the additions like ranger and rednotebook. Njam needs no mouse, nice find.
So far OK with or without the noxorg option. Useable, yes. With P1 or K6, 128M ram, quite good performance. Also found i686‘s like antiX-...-pt1-486.
Stuck on the cfdisk swap issue, I am. Please excuse the repetitions.
The work-arounds, um, worked. Good. But I feel this is a close thing with 64M ram.

antiX--M11-core-pt1-486 works fine. inxi -F gives Memory 8.9/58.1MB, so one may not need an active swap? For me, gpm, sysv-rc-conf, man and lynx (to view html within mc) are essential ‘core’ tools to add. To get the proper fstab entries, recommend attaching devices like flashdrive or powered up second/slave internal/external HD’s before/during the install.
As a livecd it mounts, views, edits . inxi. Nice!

antiX-M11-base-pt1-486 will run as live CD with 64M ram, if cheatcode-juggling or the full fail-safe option is used on this high-end P1, and an active swap. The cli-installer took about 45 minutes, plus time to make an active swap. Noticed that hints are there on how to get the fluxbox menu to fill out, requires some reading and work by the user, oh dear. So eg leafpad or gparted needed to be invoked from rox-filer or ‘run’.

antiX-M11-pt1-486 (full), noxorg option, works fine on this box.
With an active swap already on the HD, cli-installer worked out, about 80 minutes total.

But 64M ram is not enough to use as livecd. The 486-full CD may time out on its cli-installer attempt, no go lacking an active swap. Possible option is to try using gparted from the 486-base livecd ---ie it might work without that active swap, did once for me. Stop, reboot. Switch to the 486-full CD, do not let cfdisk change the partition table, carry on with cli-.installer, make sure it formats.

Have had so far an occasional glitch after a gui logout: the new slim login screen presented me only the top part, although it did respond to typed in ‘name’ and ‘password’; still got only top part of screen. Reboot solved that. But mostly no problem here. Hm, try different pci graphics cards.This one is ‘S3 86c325 ViRGE’ from inxi -F.

NB: Without an active swap, 64M ram, successful install of -pt1-486 (full), noxorg.
With much patience.
Was lucky, I feel. Using now.

Tedious details:
For testing from scratch, a wiped HD. The Failsafe option, without ‘nousb’ (I use usb mouse and flashstick), without ‘xres=800x600‘, with 'noxorg’ added, and a '3' added at the end. Made the 'F3' resolution choice 1024x768. Login as root, inxi -F gave Memory 30/58.1 MB. On to cli-installer, cfdisk and its swap, etc.
Install took two hours, big CD. Plus 30-40 minutes more to:
-reduce the ram usage (sysv-rc-conf, reboot, htop killing) so gparted can work.
-invoke gparted, delete the ‘unknown’ swap, make a new one, and “swapon”.
-then add “/dev/hda2 swap swap sw,pri=1 0 0“ to /etc/fstab so this would stick. (Where /hda2 is correct, of course; otherwise, may not boot up.)
The commands ‘swapon -a’ or ‘swapoff -a’ now work, if you want them. The long delays or total lockup are now far less likely. Happy conky.
Still get 800x600 tops, although the video card will do higher.