anti, screenshot.desktop (the one for antixscreenshot.sh) could have

Code: Select all

Icon=camera
and

Categories=Utility;
(instead of Graphics).
dolphin_oracle
Just installed antix-m11-pt1. wicd is now working. I had a 'dbus' error before. tapping and scrolling still work. pretty nice.

***edit*** the wall paper chooser needs a"none" option.
jeffreyC
I had downloaded and burned the beta 1 the day before the PT came out.
Had registered on the forum to post about a couple of problems I had.
I could not mount a usb and the entire time it was running it was making an annoying uTuTuTuTuTuTuTuTuTuTuTuTuTuT sound
Downloaded the PT, burned and tried it live, same problems, installed it.
I can mount usb's
I went into usr/share/sounds and tried to listen to Pardus Rocks as I suspected it was the noise and it froze about 2/3 of the way through so i deleted it as root, no more uTuTuTuTuTuTuTuTuTuTuTuTuTuT
Once again I am glad Toshiba laptops have a mechanical volume control __{{emoticon}}__
mariel77
What does the pt 1 mean? (Is this version pretty much"final"?)
I am currently running antiX-M8.2 Tȟašúŋke Witkó on an old Dell Latitude C400 (PIII). I would like to upgrade, but I don't want to run a beta on this system.

It looks like there are a lot of upgrades and that I will probably not want to save my /home to get all the new menus and other good things. Is this correct?

anti says,"no /etc/X11/xorg.conf file is created by default, there is an option to create one by removing the noxorg cheat at boot."
What does this mean? Do I need to create my own xorg? I usually edit the one that is installed by default. Is a new xorg created at each boot?

Thanks! You've really done a lot since I last looked, anti.
secipolla
jeffrey, you can also comment or delete the line for the startup sound at ~/.icewm/startup.

mariel, pt is"public test".
In a non technical view of mine, xorg.conf is semi-deprecated nowadays. It's usually not used anymore, although it can be used (like the NVIDIA proprietary driver still uses it). So if you boot antiX in a machine and the video isn't automatically configured (black screen of - apparent - death) then you can remove the noxorg cheatcode so the traditional xorg drivers are used (don't ask me to be precise but otherwise the kernel itself has built-in video drivers nowadays - or something like that).
secipolla
anti, I think the Control Centre must be tweaked. I won't go into if some entries should leave or others should enter because I'm not using antiX daily but I'll comment on the interface.
IMO the"XWindow" tab has a non-intuitive name. It has mouse and kbd entries that relate to xorg (although maybe not for long) and the login options.
"Date and Time" has nothing to do with the"Hardware" tab.

Maybe it could be reordered like this:
"Date and Time" jumps to"System" tab
"Adjust Mixer" gets dropped (absvolume already takes care of that in icewm, fluxbox would need thinking)
"Change Keyboard Layout" and"Configure Mouse" jump to"Hardware" tab
"XWindow" tab is renamed to"Session", for instance (in Portuguese it would be"Sessão").

That was just a quick thought on it.
I also think that the"Change Cursor Theme" icon can be made different than the"Configure Mouse" one. I'll try and make an icon (I'm no expert, though).

I've seen that the pt_BR version of antixcckeyboard.sh has entries for Dutch and Brazilian keyboards while the English one doesn't (you kept the original one). Just saying, potentially it could be added whatever layout you think that should go in there, of course.
secipolla
I made this one for the"Change Cursor Theme" icon. Don't know if it works (I'm not in antiX to try).
I'm putting one with no background too, maybe it works better.
masinick
anti, I have not downloaded the pt1 release yet, but I've tried the very first beta of the full release and it worked so well for me that I am not concerned about hardware support features on my systems. Is there anything in particular you'd like to see covered in test coverage that others have not touched yet? I can give it a go if that's needed, but otherwise, I already have both full and core instances going right now, updated to the current packages and everything is running impressively well.

If you need something tested, I'd be glad to burn and image and give it a go, but from my end, everything is working beautifully right now, so unless there are specific testing needs, I'll focus on one of the things I usually do - which is to get the word out for more people to test on more platforms, and to continue to write prose praising this outstanding distribution. With Squeeze looking so good and continual refinement going on here, this is bound to be another terrific release!

I did not realize how old my current system is. Check this out:

inxi -F

System:    Host antiX Kernel 2.6.36-2.dmz.5-liquorix-686 i686 (32 bit) Distro antiX-M8.5-beta3 Marek Edelman 19 December 2009
CPU:       Dual core Intel T2080 (-MCP-) cache 1024 KB flags (nx sse sse2 sse3) bmips 6916.76                                              
           Clock Speeds: (1) 1733.00 MHz (2) 800.00 MHz                                                                                    
Graphics:  Card Intel Mobile 945GM/GMS 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller X.Org 1.7.7 Res: 1440x900@60.0hz                  
           GLX Renderer Mesa DRI Intel 945GM GEM 20091221 2009Q4 x86/MMX/SSE2 GLX Version 1.4 Mesa 7.7.1 Direct Rendering Yes              
Audio:     Card Intel N10/ICH 7 Family High Definition Audio Controller driver HDA Intel BusID: 00:1b.0                                    
           Sound: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Version 1.0.23                                                                         
Network:   Card-1 Intel PRO/100 VE Network Connection driver e100 v: 3.5.24-k2-NAPI at port 4000 BusID: 04:08.0                            
           Card-2 Broadcom BCM4311 802.11b/g WLAN BusID: 03:00.0                                                                           
Disks:     HDD Total Size: 160.0GB (4.6% used) 1: /dev/sda WDC_WD1600BEVS 160.0GB                                                          
Partition: ID:/ size: 19G used: 7.0G (39%) fs: ext3 ID:swap-1 size: 2.05GB used: 0.00GB (0%) fs: swap                                      
Sensors:   System Temperatures: cpu: 40.0C mobo: N/A                                                                                       
           Fan Speeds (in rpm): cpu: N/A                                                                                                   
Info:      Processes 124 Uptime 48 min Memory 386.0/2015.6MB Runlevel 5 Client Shell inxi 1.4.22 
drg
antiX-M11-pt1-486 (full) installs and works fine on the P200MMX/64M ram as well as AMD K6/400MHz/128M ram, but still some oddities…….on P200, max. resolution is stuck at 800x600 (did not happen with previous versions, not sure what I did different, and actually that res. suits me fine).
With these two boxes, no problems with logout and logining in again, slim is ok, into and out of the console works smoothly.
Swap was previously made by gparted to ensure an active ‘swapon’; I still have doubts about cfdisk on that one issue.
Edit: Forgot to add, to install with 64M ram I chose the Failsafe option with a '3' added, then onto cli-installer. Gotta check that out again, I believe this is not the 'noxorg' method since the xorg stuff and all those drivers are on the HD.
Cuttlefish
Reinstalled antiX-M11 i686. This time I used cheatcodes and installed icewm noRox, drvr=vesa, and vga=791. Everything installed well. There was no lag when right clicking for the menu.

Next I added the newest NVIDIA driver via sgfxi. The script did not stall just before the"updating required package build essentials now" part and continued through until completion.

I then added the latest Liquorix Kernel. Installed without a hitch. All seems to be running well.

Finally I added xscreensaver and I'm enjoying a bouncing herd of cows.

For some reason I had a bit of trouble when installing antiX-M11-pt1 as FLUXBOX. I will test Flux to see if there is any difference with this install.

Dave
secipolla
I figured the icon has to be 32x32. So I made it smaller and a bit grayer.
Amateur work but here it is.
secipolla
anti, in case you want a Spanish translation for a11-pt1 announcement:
========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"http://gustavopimentel.com.ar/2010/12/en-desarrollo-antix-m11-pt1/"
linktext was:"http://gustavopimentel.com.ar/2010/12/e ... x-m11-pt1/"
====================================
Dave
anti,

I think m11 looks great, but there are a few problems / suggestions that I have so far in full

1. conky still is hard to read on some backgrounds to me, I would make the font style sans and add :bold to the end of the font line, as well as setting it to draw outlines and changing the default color to black.

# Xft font when Xft is enabled
xftfont sans:size=10 :bold

# Draw outlines?
draw_outline yes

# Default colors and also border colors
default_color Black
2.I would change the file /etc/wicd/manager-settings.conf to include a wireless default to wlan0

(Settings)
wireless_interface = wlan0
3. In the control center under the network tab I would change the wicd entry back to" wicd-client -n"
4. make"libfm-pref-apps"(prefered applications),"su-to-root -X -c"/usr/sbin/ndisgtk""(windows wireless drivers)," adddesktop.sh","inxi" entries to the control center
5. add the"nuoveXT2" icon theme to full as in base, make it the default theme and simply grey root theme

Looks great anti!
anticapitalista
Site Admin
d.o any idea how to use feh to NOT set a wallpaper?
secipolla
This is the cursor-theme icon I found looks better (transparent background).