Code: Select all

#dmenu
key"Alt+Ctrl+l" slock
anticapitalista
Site Admin
What's the typo?
rust collector
#dmenu?
I am guessing it should say slock, or screen lock or something?

it does lock the screen tho... but it did not have any text, so I just had to guess that i should type in the username and password, which works
SamK
Connectshares

Not a bug, more like a breakage. Probably most easily illustrated in the screen shots. To overcome the forum limit of three per post, the report spans two posts.

The recent update to the launcher scripts for Connectshares has adversely affected all the dialogs of the related scripts. The dialogs were designed to appear as a window on the desktop. The configuration to do this is in each launcher script.

Screen shots 1, 2 and 3 indicate how they look in v5.
Example as designed v5
Example as designed v5

Example as designed v5
Example as designed v5

Example as designed v5
Example as designed v5

continued in next post
Last edited by SamK on 24 Jan 2014, 16:11, edited 1 time in total.
SamK
Continued from previous post

Following the upgrade each dialog no longer resembles a window, rather a dialog box in a terminal on the desktop. The screen shots are of Connectshares, but of course, Connectshares Configuration and Disconnectshares are also affected in a similar manner.

Screen shots 4, 5 and 6 after the update to v6.
Example of effect of upgrade to v6

Where (or how) does x-terminal-emulator reference to determine which terminal app to use? Perhaps this might be a way of retuning to operating as pre upgrade.
anticapitalista
Site Admin
You can make the changes back to the original pre-upgrade by editing the following files in /usr/local/bin

connectshares
connectshares-config
disconnectshares

Replace the last line before exit from x-terminal-emulator -T to

urxvt -geometry 60x17 +sb -fn 10x20 -T
dolphin_oracle
samK,

I think we just need the geomeotry line back.

We should be able to use"-geometry" to specify it. I'm trying it out...

yep...except its --geometry. so in connectshares the line should be:

x-terminal-emulator --geometry 60x17 -T 'Connectshares' -e sudo connectshares.sh $1
SamK
anticapitalista wrote:You can make the changes back to the original pre-upgrade by editing the following files in /usr/local/bin
This will work but requires a manual edit to each of three files now and each subsequent upgrade. If I can get an understanding of how x-terminal-emulator is setup I might be able to tailor the launch scripts to accommodate it to avoid manual edits.

Am I correct in assuming the move to x-terminal-emulator is to encompass the use of different terminals? If so how does it find where the preferred terminal is specified?
anticapitalista
Site Admin
You are correct SamK that it is to encompass the use of different terminals. In a root terminal

update-alternatives --config x-terminal-emulator
dolphin_oracle
hmm...the geometry switch works fine with roxterm but not with xfce4-terminal.
SamK
Intermittent Loss of SpaceFM Desktop Icons

I have been meaning to report this for many months. It has been observed on hardware from various manufacturers and is present on new and old kit running antiX-13.2-Stable.

From a clean boot-up, using IceWM-Space as the default, approximately 20%-25% of occasions complete without displaying desktop icons. Other than this symptom the system is entirely normal and fully usable.

In this state, toggling the Space desktop off/on always displays the desktop icons as expected.
Dave
SamK wrote:Intermittent Loss of SpaceFM Desktop Icons

I have been meaning to report this for many months. It has been observed on hardware from various manufacturers and is present on new and old kit running antiX-13.2-Stable.

From a clean boot-up, using IceWM-Space as the default, approximately 20%-25% of occasions complete without displaying desktop icons. Other than this symptom the system is entirely normal and fully usable.

In this state, toggling the Space desktop off/on always displays the desktop icons as expected.
There is a new system being worked on that will hopefully make it into 14. It should correct this issue. The issue is caused by a race condition between the window manager and spacefm.
dolphin_oracle
Dave wrote:
SamK wrote:Intermittent Loss of SpaceFM Desktop Icons

There is a new system being worked on that will hopefully make it into 14. It should correct this issue. The issue is caused by a race condition between the window manager and spacefm.
That's good news. And I can elaborate on SamK's post...its not just the icons. I sometimes lose the entire spaceFM desktop, wallpaper and all. Oddly, happens more often for me with fluxbox. Almost never happens with icewm.
SamK
Dave wrote:There is a new system being worked on that will hopefully make it into 14. It should correct this issue. The issue is caused by a race condition between the window manager and spacefm.
Thanks Dave (That phrase reminds me of 2001 A Space Oddesy).

Once it is proven to work as expected perhaps we might add it to antiX-Stable.