topic title: Bugs
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Does it only happen in rox-filer?
SamK
anticapitalista wrote:Does it only happen in rox-filer?
No it is also seen in other apps e.g. Archive Manager (File Roller).
dolphin_oracle
the icewm tooltip configuration only shows up on the icewm toolbar and clock for me. The tray icons and other apps use a black background, which I assume is somehow governed by gtk.

for instance, when using antix_blue theme, over the clock I have a yellow tooltip background with black text. Over the volume icon I have a black background with white text. apps with tooltips use the black on white theme.

for me, this is the same on 13.1 and 13.2.
dolphin_oracle
More research: tooltip colors are defined per gtk theme, in the gtk.css file under /usr/share/themes/"theme name here" . lxappearance does not appear able to override the colors of the themes. I suspect the gtk callouts lxappearance generates doen't quite work right between gtk3 and gtk2, as I couldn't change the tooltip colors via the app. You can change the colors of the tooltips manually by adjusting the themes files.

***edit*** actually, I tried the above and it didn't take. I am using the mediterreanwhitenight theme and to get the tooltips correct, I had to edit /usr/share/themes/"theme name"/gtkrc manually to change the tooltip colors.
SamK
dolphin_oracle wrote:I am using the mediterreanwhitenight theme and to get the tooltips correct...
I had been pondering whether the theme might play a role in the problem. Up to present, the Zukitwo theme had been used exclusively and without any problems, but it is not present in 13.2.
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Zukitwo theme breaks if user decides to choose Testing repo so I couldn't keep it as default.
If it is not in the repo, I'll put it there for users to download if they wish.
dolphin_oracle
confirmed. I can over-ride the tooltip colors using lxappearance if I'm using a zukitwo theme in antix 13.1 but not with the mediterrean themes.

fyi - still running wheezy/stable with both 13.1 and 13.2
SamK
dolphin_oracle wrote:confirmed. I can over-ride the tooltip colors using lxappearance if I'm using a zukitwo theme...
You beat me to it.
anticapitalista wrote:Zukitwo theme breaks if user decides to choose Testing repo so I couldn't keep it as default.
It seems as though this has swapped one bug for another.

Installed zukitwo-themes on antiX-13.2-64-Stable and the tooltip behaviour was restored to the expected norm. I would favour Zukitwo being included as standard for Stable.
anticapitalista
Site Admin
It isn't a bug to use another theme.
dolphin_oracle
fair point - the zukitwo theme simply already defines a yellowish background. and upon further review, I actually can't override the tooltip colors with any theme I've tried with lxappearance. I guess that feature may not work properly.

I never thought about how the tooltip colors were defined. in 13.1 I was using the zukitwos and antix-blue icewm theme, both of which have yellowish tooltip backgrouds. In 13.2 I've been using the mediterrean themes, which Have black tooltip backgrounds (at least the dark ones do) and Icegildust icewm theme, which also has black tooltip backgrounds.

I wish I could say I was seeking harmony on my desktop, but it was dumb luck.
SamK
anticapitalista wrote:It isn't a bug to use another theme.
dolphin_oracle wrote:fair point...
Agreed. Perhaps symptom might have been a better description.

Off Topic
dolphin_oracle wrote:...it was dumb luck
The list of coincidences to get to this position is long.
  • A few years ago I create a theme for IceWM that includes a definition for the tooltip
  • A new version of antiX is released that has Zukitwo as the default theme
  • Zukitwo includes a definition for the tooltip
  • Both tooltip definitions produce very simliar results
  • The similarity is sufficently close to allow the fact that there are two definitions actively in play to go unnoticed.
  • The combination remains in use until 13.2 is released
  • 13.2 drops Zukitwo and Mediterranean replaces it as the default theme
  • Mediterranean includes a definition for the tooltip
  • The difference between the Mediterranean and IceWM tooltips are sufficiently different to expose the fact that there are two definitions actively in play
It makes me smile and wonder why we direct our time and energy towards computers. Then I look back at the improvements in antiX over a very few years and see the answer.

On Topic
dolphin_oracle wrote:lxappearance does not appear able to override the colors of the themes.
I also find this. Changes are not saved to the configuration files.
dolphin_oracle wrote:...I had to edit /usr/share/themes/"theme name"/gtkrc manually to change the tooltip colors.
I find two locations need to be edited with the tooltip definition. Using the MediterraneanWhite theme in antiX-13.1-Full-32bit-Stable and antiX-13.2-Full-64bit-Stable:
  1. /usr/share/themes/THEMENAME/gtk-2.0/gtkrc
  2. /usr/share/themes/THEMENAME/gtk-3.0/settings.ini
This appears to provide consistency in the tooltip presentation in the following test examples
  • Items in IceWM taskbar and tray
  • ROX-Filer (responds to changes in .../gtk-2.0/gtkrc but not .../gtk-3.0/settings.ini)
  • File-Roller (responds to changes in .../gtk-3.0/settings.ini but not .../gtk-2.0/gtkrc)
SamK
Unable to mount NFS Shares in antiX-13.2

Connectshares is designed to mount NFS and Samba shares. Mounting Samba & Windows shares is working OK. Mounting of NFS shares fails.

Removal of nfs-common in 13.2 is the cause. Reinstating this as a dependency will return Connectshares to a fully working condition straight-out-of-the-box.
Eino
I tried to test my 7.1 sound system today, and the test just gives sound to the front, and nothing else speakers.
The alsa program show the outputs correctly, and the speakers, sound card, ans amplifier all work correctly.
This is the command that I used # speaker-test -t pink -c 8
Alanarchy
Posts 0
Alanarchy
I've got a new one today. I went to move some photos from the camera to the HD, like I have done numerous times before, when a error message popped up:
udevil: denied 90: option 'fmask=0133' is not an allowed option

Anybody know what that's all about? __{{emoticon}}__
rokytnji
Anybody know what that's all about?
bug
yeah, that it is not a AntiX bug for starters.

========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"https://github.com/IgnorantGuru/udevil/issues/35"
linktext was:"https://github.com/IgnorantGuru/udevil/issues/35"
====================================

url was:"http://ignorantguru.github.io/udevil/udevil.conf.txt"
linktext was:"http://ignorantguru.github.io/udevil/udevil.conf.txt"

url was:"http://bbs.archbang.org/viewtopic.php?id=4740"
linktext was:"http://bbs.archbang.org/viewtopic.php?id=4740"