rokytnji
It worked for me using su lafopus the first time I booted up. just didn't have the new tar file copied over to save changes. I tried sudo because anti suggested it in previous post. I will go over again what I tried earlier in 1st boot up and see what happens. Experimenting is fun. LOL
rokytnji
Does this look right now?

Code: Select all

demo@mepis1:~$ su
Password: 
mepis1:/home/demo# antix2usb-gui.sh
EXIT="OK"
mepis1:/home/demo# chmod 755 /usr/local/bin/antix2usb*.sh
mepis1:/home/demo# echo $PATH
/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin
mepis1:/home/demo# 
lagopus
Did you download this tarfile: see the README and install with install.sh
rokytnji
Tried again
rokytnji
I think I am getting the error because USB drive is mounted running live session. I can't unmount it. Kinda a catch-22.

And to be sure I redownloaded twice the tar.gz from above post. Just to be sure. I extract in Downloads folder also.
Last edited by rokytnji on 16 Nov 2009, 21:33, edited 1 time in total.
rokytnji
Oh, and I ran the install.sh as root from terminal (bash install.sh) from /Downloads/antix2usb folder.

/temp/antix2usb.log file

Log: Device Kingston DataTraveler 2.0 detected at /dev/sdb
Error: 4 - /dev/sdb1 appears to be mounted! Exiting.
rokytnji
What happens when I try to unmount
anticapitalista
Site Admin
rokytnji, you have to install to a separate usb device.
rokytnji
OK. And here I was thinking persistence meant it would create a saved partition to live usb. My bad.
lagopus
rokytnji:

Please have a look at the topic"Install to live USB stick: latest antix2usb scripts" for the last news (don't know how to link to it)

Bye biker
lagopus
I just tested 8.5-test-full running on a 4 GB live USB stick.

Everything works for me (on my Samsung NC10 netbook - apart from function keys, microphone not tested, I have to test the latest mepis kernel )
Really a great release, Awesome.

The persistence feature is great ! I updated/upgraded using synaptic; dowloaded glade, vlc; the update took 850 MB on the antiXdata partition. Rebooted and everything is there ! Retrieved my wifi connection with wicd, my icewm settings.

kudos anti
secipolla
anti, a little detail. IDK if you changed that in this version but in antiX-M8.2 in ~/.icewm/keys there's a line

key"Alt+Ctrl+h" rxvt-unicode -tr -sh 65 -fg white -T 'Htop' -e htop
and it's better to change to 'key"Alt+Ctrl+n" rxvt-un...'.
Super+h opens the 'run' area in the toolbar.
secipolla
So I ran the base version from iso and installed in a 11GB partition (a lot of room to grow and play).
First it didn't find the MEPIS file system, but I had been mean with it and had put the iso in an ext4 partiton. Reformatted to ext3, put lang=br and toram as boot codes and it loaded super fast. Called minstall and installed in a few minutes! Good work anti, that's a luxury for some but a must for people with very old machines.
Then I booted directly to init 3, called smxi, updated (set the multimedia repos to stable just in case I choose to install mplayer), cleaned kernel modules, xorg modules, uninstalled bluetooth, wireless and such and installed 2.6.31-6 liquorix kernel. Rebooted (just in case) and installed nVidia latest and greatest.

The desktop is looking very nice, anti. Excellent option that exoodles (multimedia and other stuff installer) script (is it from h2 too?).
The system was properly set to pt_BR but antiX's Fluxbox menu is not translated.
I saw that mc opens inside Roxterm when called from the menu (it's the Debian menu so it must call the default terminal emulator) but that makes the function keys not work (Roxterm gets the precedence). I never used mc (but intend to learn since you said it deals with compressing & decompressing files) but you may evaluate if that's a hindrance.

:thumbs up:
anticapitalista
Site Admin
The mc function keys is a Debian problem/feature. Same happens in the latest sidux.
For antiX-base there is no localisation of the fluxbox menu. However, the 'full fluxbox' part should be localised.
If it isn't you may need to

#update menus

then login again to get the full-fluxbox part in your default locale.
secipolla
I'll try that (now i'm in antiX-sid). I actually noticed that full-fluxbox was in pt when in the live environment but went to en after installed.