anticapitalista
Site Admin
Best to run it as it might cause a problem on reboot.

Run in a root terminal

update-initramfs -t -u -k all
afab4
anticapitalista wrote:Best to run it as it might cause a problem on reboot.

Run in a root terminal

update-initramfs -t -u -k all
Just finished doing as you suggested. Booted fine after the update.
JIM
dolphin_oracle
Hey guys.

I've been gone awhile, but I just inherited a Dell e1505 (same as an 6400 I think) laptop. Almost busted screen, but its working ok now that xp got nuked and antix-M11-rc1 is installed. I also got the synaptic repository window issue, but I see it will be addressed. I am having to use the slitaz mounting utility on one of my usb drives, and it mounts root instead of user. I assume this is related to halvt as the drive didn't even show up in rox. pcmanfm saw it, but wouldn't mount, as usual. I'm glad to see you going toward thunar...I usually nuke pcmanfm and install thunar myself. you can set thunar up so that when it detects a usb stick, it will mount and open a window.

I also like that the wallpaper chooser now goes back to the selection screen when you say"no". I know I was vocal about that, and I appreciate the tweak. It really helped out last nite as I was looking for the penguin wall paper.

In fluxbox, I have multiple menu entries for synaptic. However, none of them work, and I have to launch synaptic from the control centre.

installed with audacity and lame up and running in a mere 40 minutes. Music project up and done same evening.

Love the wallpaper and theme selections.

Looking forward to future RC's.

D.O.

PS - I tried the latest ubuntu -unity desktop on this same laptop. I believe those guys are making a big mistake with unity as the default for 11.04. It felt like moving in pudding vs. running a nice flux or ice desktop with antix (or even gnome). and audacity wouldn't run correctly under unity without some tweaking. I think 11.04 lasted about 10 minutes before the antix disk came out.
secipolla
d.o., if you don't have menu installed it's needed for synaptic to open from the menu (su-to-root command).
Cuttlefish
In fluxbox, I have multiple menu entries for synaptic.
Me too D.O., but the first entry works fine, and the second is dead.

Dave
dolphin_oracle
secipolla...is this a change from past versions? I'm using the default install as usual. I've not had that issue in the past.
secipolla
synaptic needs menu to open its desktop file but it's only a suggested dependency.
To remove the extra entry, just add
NoDisplay=True
to /usr/share/applications/synaptic-kde.desktop