anticapitalista
Site Admin
tradetaxfree thanks for the deb. have you noticed the latest spacefm opens really slowly? Here it does as it is using pmount to mount floppy drive.
tradetaxfree
I haven't noticed any difference in speed (but I do not have a floppy drive) - it seems to open up a bit faster than PCmanFM-mod (also from IgnorantGuru but using HAL for mounting) when I have a USB stick inserted.
NoSavvy
A resurection of an earlier post.
anticapitalista wrote:dark-D it is the volume icon in the task bar. A right-click on the ghost window and I think minimise. (Don;t have icewm to test and on my box I don't get the ghost)
Further investigations here after installing 3 virtualbox versions and to 2 laptop versions confirm to me that it definately appears to be the 'volumeicon'.
It also appears that it is also dependant on the system. Altering the icewm startup file to be the same on all my setups does not work. On some, the 'ghost window' still appears, whilst on others it does not.

From the end of the ~/.icewm/startup file :-

(sleep 4 && volumeicon) &
(sleep 2 && sudo persist-config --startup) &

The above works on this VBbox setup but different sleep times are necessary on the laptops, and different again on another VBox setup. (need to increase sleep time for the volumeicon)
Also if the 'persist config' line is removed there is no 'ghost window' on some systems but there still is is on others. Fluxbox with the same settings does not suffer these problems.
I have also installed the 'Razor-qt' desktop and have it working very well and with the same tray icons as 'icewm' and I get no problems.

This is not a moan, I just found it perplexing in the variables so had to delve further. Hope this helps others.

A great distro, even more enjoyable now I've spent some considerable time investigating the workings of it. It's too easy to have a quick look and think ' it's not for me' when given time it will grow on you and becomes very satisfying.

NS.
nliter
At first, I would like to congratulate Anti for an excellent job with the new AntiX version (kernel 3).

I have been experimenting with the AntiX distributions in the past and I have found them all very interesting and useful.
Right now, I have installed the AntiX test2 full version on an old, Acer (Aspire 1360) laptop, which has an 800 MHz CPU and 700MB of Ram.
Everything is working fine and I have installed the Xfce4 desktop which works beautifully.

I will come back for more feedback, soon.

Regards,
nliter
nliter
afab4 wrote:
anticapitalista wrote:afab4- simply edit /usr/share/applications/gparted.desktop file to read

Exec=gparted-pkexec - wrong
Exec=gksu gparted - right

well spotted by the way.

How has the menu changed?
Fixed the menu as you instructed.
In antiX-11 and previous versions, you could easily change the menu by editing /.icewm/application with a text editor. In antiX-12 the format of the application menu has changed. You have to open them and compare to see the differences.
Hello Anti,
I've had the same problem with gparted.
I have tried the above but the"gparted" Gui shows up and it appears to not work. It shows a message at the bottom left saying"no devices have been detected"