anticapitalista
Site Admin
shempshere - try again as the antiX one should be fixed.

Not sure why the
========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"http://debs.slavino.sk/dists/testing/InRelease"
linktext was:"http://debs.slavino.sk/dists/testing/InRelease"
====================================

is not working though as I have no issues with it.
beriah
Just curious if antiX-test2 is the latest. I have a very slow connection, but can drive to local city to download and test.
Thanks __{{emoticon}}__
anticapitalista
Site Admin
A release candidate should be available very soon.
masinick
anticapitalista wrote:A release candidate should be available very soon.
That's GREAT news! My reporting, here and in my favorite forums, has been that this software is in great shape, so I think that a release candidate is deserving at this point in time. I look forward to it!
beriah
Thanks anticapitalista, I'll hold off and download the rc to test.
Looking forward to it __{{emoticon}}__
rokytnji
I don't know if anyone mentioned this yet. But in antixcc under System>Edit config files.

there is no /etc/apt.sources.list text file anymore for it to edit as everything is now in the directory/file in /etc/apt/sources.list.d directory.

I use run and geany as root to open what I need to edit like in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/antix.list text file for example.
masinick
rokytnji wrote:I don't know if anyone mentioned this yet. But in antixcc under System>Edit config files.

there is no /etc/apt.sources.list text file anymore for it to edit as everything is now in the directories in /etc/apt/sources.list.d directory.

I use run and geany as root to open what I need to edit like in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/antix.list text file for example.
Good catch, Roky! I did not notice that, but I suspect that something may have changed to cause that event. In your configuration, did you use any of the tools, such as smxi, that may have caused a switch, or did the functionality change in the installation and configuration procedure that moved sources.list to multiple files in the /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ directory?

I typically edit these files myself when I want to change them, and that is why I did not notice this change, and why I am asking whether this is the configuration right from the start, or if it gets modified when certain events occur.

Perhaps anti can weigh in on this and we can come up with a reliable strategy for dealing with the repository configuration files.
rokytnji
but I suspect that something may have changed to cause that event. In your configuration, did you use any of the tools, such as smxi, that may have caused a switch
Good catch also Brian. I did a smxi on this install. I never noticed this till today though so I don't know if smxi created the directories and text files (there are a bunch of em) or this is from the virgin install setup.

Code: Select all

$ cd /etc/apt/sources.list.d
harry@biker:/etc/apt/sources.list.d$ ls
antix.list  debian.list  java.list  mepis.list  various.list
harry@biker:/etc/apt/sources.list.d$ 
masinick
I use smxi all the time, and frequently it will reorganize things in this manner. It may be difficult to create logic to handle this situation, so if sources.list is still in /etc/apt/ at installation time, that may still be the default way to handle it.

If we cannot code for both possibilities, it may be worth writing a HOWTO or an explanation somewhere other than this thread to explain the situation and how to handle it. Hopefully, those who tinker with such things have no difficulty finding any modified configuration files, but it sure would be wise to explain under which conditions the repository configuration files move from the /etc/apt directory to the /etc/apt/sources.list.d directory, and how to manage them.
anticapitalista
Site Admin
/etc/apt/sources.list.d is the new default. Nothing to do with smxi, but is how Debian sid and testing is now set up.
Same applies with sudoers. antiX sudoers are in /etc/sudoers.d
masinick
anticapitalista wrote:/etc/apt/sources.list.d is the new default. Nothing to do with smxi, but is how Debian sid and testing is now set up.
Would it be appropriate then, to make provisions for this (or at least some documentation concerning this) in the configuration editing setup mentioned earlier by Roky?
rokytnji
masinick wrote:
anticapitalista wrote:/etc/apt/sources.list.d is the new default. Nothing to do with smxi, but is how Debian sid and testing is now set up.
Would it be appropriate then, to make provisions for this (or at least some documentation concerning this) in the configuration editing setup mentioned earlier by Roky?
Long thread Brian but I got it resolved in thread below.

url was:"antix.freeforu ms.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3651"
linktext was:"antix.freeforu ms.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3651"

What Anti meant in my thread for repo fix. Though I think Dave has put a fix to the repo bug.

url was:"antix.freeforu ms.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3637"
linktext was:"antix.freeforu ms.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3637"
masinick
rokytnji wrote:
masinick wrote:
Long thread Brian but I got it resolved in thread below.

url was:"antix.freeforu ms.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3651"
linktext was:"antix.freeforu ms.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3651"

What Anti meant in my thread for repo fix. Though I think Dave has put a fix to the repo bug.

url was:"antix.freeforu ms.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3637"
linktext was:"antix.freeforu ms.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3637"
Great job with this, both Roky and anti - and Dave, for that matter. This stuff is looking really good!
masinick
I have been testing primarily the"base" implementation in this release cycle, but I have also grafted the latest 3.3.1 kernel onto my existing antiX core implementation; I have had good results with it, both on"base" and on"core", and I am looking forward to the release candidate and the release to follow. Right now, in fact, I am using antiX M12.0 Test 2 base with JWM. I've also used it with IceWM, Fluxbox, dwm, wmii, and my own customization of Xfce, and they all have functioned and performed well.

I am recommending it to my friends to test it out and use it, as I've often done in the past. Readers here, who may not have given it a try, are also encouraged to use this software; it's quite functional, even in the testing state.
tradetaxfree
I noticed today upgrading to SpaceFM 0.7.5 fails with the following error:

Code: Select all

Setting up spacefm (0.7.5-1) ...
spacefm-postinst configure
spacefm-build: Extracting source...
spacefm-build: Running configure...
bash: ./configure: Permission denied
spacefm-build: ERROR: Unable to complete installation
dpkg: error processing spacefm (--configure):
I've built a 0.7.5 deb
url was:"http://www.mediafire.com/file/ixyi9bv4bun5wid/spacefm_0.7.5-1_all.deb"
linktext was:"here"

This error is caused by me mounting /tmp in RAM noexec. I've
url was:"https://github.com/IgnorantGuru/spacefm/issues/64"
linktext was:"raised an issue on Github"
asking for the build directory to be picked up from /etc/spacefm/spacefm.conf & not automatically executed in /tmp.
Last edited by tradetaxfree on 16 Apr 2012, 16:04, edited 2 times in total.