anticapitalista
Site Admin
Since upgrading from the pre-final has caused some issues, I have made available latest releases. These are probably 'final' for 99% of our users, but let's get the 1% sorted.

========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"https://sourceforge.net/projects/antix-linux/files/Testing/"
linktext was:"https://sourceforge.net/projects/antix- ... s/Testing/"
====================================

All versions use the present latest stable kernel (3.5.0)

Known issues:

Use new_usb.sh to install to usb not antix2usb gui application.
To install grub to root partition, simply unclick the MBR box.

Enjoy!
Colonel Panic
Hi. I've just downloaded and burned the RC2 to disk, but when I tried to boot it up, unfortunately I got this message;

EDD: Error bb00 reading sector 355053
boot:
No DEFAULT or UI configuration directive found!

It might just be a bad ISO or burn;, AntiX 12 RC1 was fine.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news,

CP .
anticapitalista
Site Admin
CP

Can you try another burn on a 'reliable' cd medium to see if the issue is a bad burn. Otherwise it might be a syslinux issue.
Colonel Panic
anticapitalista wrote:CP

Can you try another burn on a 'reliable' cd medium to see if the issue is a bad burn. Otherwise it might be a syslinux issue.
OK, I will. Thanks for replying.

CP .
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Known bug for antiX-12-base-rc2

* menu-icewm and icewmcc got installed by mistake. You can purge them if you like.
(apt-get purge menu-icewm-antix icewmcc-antix)

* In the 'live' side of the iso, I forgot to remove the latest refracta-installer script. It does no harm, nor does it get installed. Brave testers may want to even test it out.

For all versions.

* antix-snapshot-cli will work ok, but I will upload a newer version that uses newer syslinux for live use.
Colonel Panic
A quick update; yes it was a bad burn. I used a different make of CD-R this time, a Memorex (and the burn utility in 64-bit Puppy) and it worked fine; I'm posting from it now.

Sorry to (perhaps) cause you unnecessary concern.

Cheers,

CP .
anticapitalista
Site Admin
CP - glad that it was a bad burn. Enjoy testing out rc2 and feel free to report back.
nadir
Posts 0
nadir
downloading it and will try later (this evening).
If i run into"problems" i will post them (but i doubt that i will... btw: i tested one of the earlier testing-isos too, and it did the job. I can't remember any more than it was"testing". My needs are rather easy/low)
meandean
would be great to have some zsync or some way to update an iso instead of downloading again...
anticapitalista
Site Admin
We have xdelta if that would help

Ok I'll upload some xdelta3 patches. They patch pre-final with rc2 (I don't have the earlier test version)

How to patch:

========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"http://antix.mepis.org/index.php?title=Xdelta"
linktext was:"http://antix.mepis.org/index.php?title=Xdelta"
====================================
meandean
coolbeans thx

whoa....that is still a good size download...
jerry353
Sorry, I'm new & a bit confused. I want to try the rc2 iso (main one, not base or core). Do I need to patch it with patchpre-rc2.delta? Many thanks.
anticapitalista
Site Admin
No need to patch it. Just download the rc2 iso and enjoy!

(The patch is for those with older test version isos)
drg
Cannot get Ted to load on K6/266MHz.
Noticed this before as well with previous test version. Forgot to mention. Works fine on eg Athlon 1200 orP4 ie not K6. Have used Ted before on really old/slow boxes when other word processors were too much, but don’t know when something might have changed.
In roxterm I get “Illegal instruction”. So, not compiled for K6?
Also cannot get zram to work on eg athlon 1200 or K6. Apparently not compiled for the kernel.
Oh, yeah, kernel 3.5 OK on K6
oldhoghead
Site Admin
anticaptilista,

Just started testing the rc2 486 iso, looks really beautiful so far, have found a few anomolies and will post later about what I've found. Off to Colorado this weekend, will be staying at a Hotel with free wireless, will get to test all the options for wireless. Will also test the direct connection at my son's, finally get some time to test and respond at least for the final sweep of bugs.

cheers,
ohh