dolphin_oracle
sounds good. I couldn't remember if I enabled deb-multimedia, but I did.
gnomic
Hi again - tried the rc2 live CD on another machine, CPQ Presario V6000 laptop. Boots no problem, into first choice desktop and fluxbox. The warning message mentioned previously flashed up briefly during startup. This is a 1.6 GHz Celeron M, 2G RAM, i945 video. Wifi OK with WPA2, bcm4311, tho' have to tell wicd that the interface is wlan0.

Will try again with the disk on machines where boot did not proceed and advise outcome. About hardinfo and the battery and temp sensors module, wonder why these aren't working in antix. It would be useful.
Hannes Worst
I have also installed Antix-12 rc2 on my machine. This time I encountered no problems. It seems you have solved all the issues I had with the previous Antix-12 version. Script are greatly improved. Very good work, compliments Anti and especially to you, Dave!
jerry353
cap wrote:jerry353
This is not a fix per se for your flash woes but Chrome browser (not Chromium) comes with it's own flash and might be a temporary solution for you. You can download it for Linux here: (
========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/"
linktext was:"https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/"
====================================
). Iron-browser is built from Chromium source (or so I understand) so I doubt it has embedded flash but it might be worth checking into as Chrome does, by default, call home. Hope this helps you out at least for a while.

regards
cap

Edit: You don't say how you installed / reinstalled flash: Synaptic? Terminal? Did you try as root

Code: Select all

apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree
Many thanks cap. I tried both methods to install but no joy. I'll see if I can live without flash (jusyt installed minitube).
gnomic
Connected another drive formatted NTFS via USB. This mounted successfully and seems able to be written to. But the machine's own hd refuses to mount with the FUSE error referred to above as seen on another machine. ???
newbody
Thanks Anti, I tested the /live/boot-dev/
and I will write it down this time __{{emoticon}}__

But now I have forgot how one make a
homefs file on ntfs

AFAIK everything works. One only need a brain. Haha.

Both of you have told me how to make a homefs
so I should look up that thread again.
gnomic
Booted live full rc2 on a CPQ Presario V2000 laptop with AMD Sempron 3000+, 1G RAM, ATI Radeon XPress 200m, bcm 4318 wifi. No big problems seen.

However I did find last night that the USB connected NTFS drive would not unmount using mountbox. What's up with that? No error message I picked up.
jerry353

29 Jul 2012, 14:58 #53

I installed abiword, I thought libreoffice was too heavy. But typing was so slow in abiword, I had to wait for the words to appear (I'm not a fast typer). Just seems strange that Libreoffice word is much better.
anticapitalista
Site Admin
For ntfs devices, it is probably better to mount and unmount as root user via rox-filer or spacefm.

For internal ntfs, you will probably have to add something like tis to your etc/fstab

/dev/sdb1 /media/sdb1 ntfs-3g noauto,users,noexec,uid=1000,gid=users,dmask=002,fmask=113,relatime 0 0
where sdb1 is the ntfs partition.

For external usb devices with ntfs, udev should allow mounting/unmounting. The etc/udev/rules.d/99-usbstorage.rules file should automount the device. Again unmount as root.
masinick
jerry353 wrote:I installed abiword, I thought libreoffice was too heavy. But typing was so slow in abiword, I had to wait for the words to appear (I'm not a fast typer). Just seems strange that Libreoffice word is much better.
LibreOffice is a full-featured office suite, consisting not only of a word processor, but a spreadsheet, presentation, and other office tools as well. LibreOffice consumes considerably more disk space than just a stand alone word processor like Abiword, but keep in mind that is not its only capability. The only place where that would matter is if you were really constrained on either disk space or available memory, in which case a large suite would induce swapping between memory and disk, thus slowing down its operation. The bigger size may cause the first invocation of L.O. to take longer than Abiword to start up, but also keep in mind that LibreOffice has many more developers working on it, and they have optimized it a great deal since it split from the previous OpenOffice effort. I have found LibreOffice to be a very effective tool; I am glad we make it available, and it's my office tool of choice right now.
rokytnji
EEEPC 900 running live usb Full iso. The only thing that does not work is the internal microphone. I know the fix is a Debian bug. Not a AntiX bug. Yeah, I did the standard checks and settings iin alsamixer and mhwaveedit. __{{emoticon}}__

eeepc-900-microphone-debian-wheezy-fix-antix-11-t3433.html

Tap, sound, flash all work. Internal webcam works in guvcview also. inxi report with 2 terminals open and iceweasel open with numerous tabs open and Icewm with conky running.

System:    Host: antiX1 Kernel: 3.5.0-antix.1-486-smp i686 (32 bit, gcc: 4.7.1) 
           Desktop: IceWM 1.3.7 Distro: antiX-full EdelweiƟpiraten 22 July 2012
Machine:   System: ASUSTeK product: 900 version: 0405
           Mobo: ASUSTeK model: 900 version: x.xx Bios: American Megatrends version: 0601 date: 05/26/2008
CPU:       Single core Intel Celeron M (-UP-) cache: 512 KB flags: (nx sse sse2) bmips: 1800.16 clocked at 900.084 MHz 
Graphics:  Card: Intel Mobile 915GM/GMS/910GML Express Graphics Controller bus-ID: 00:02.0 
           X.Org: 1.12.1.902 drivers: intel (unloaded: fbdev,vesa) Resolution: 1024x600@59.5hz 
           GLX Renderer: N/A GLX Version: N/A Direct Rendering: N/A
Audio:     Card: Intel 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family) High Definition Audio Controller driver: snd_hda_intel bus-ID: 00:1b.0
           Sound: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture ver: 1.0.25
Network:   Card-1: Atheros L2 Fast Ethernet driver: atl2 ver: 2.2.3 bus-ID: 03:00.0
           IF: eth0 state: down mac: <filter>
           Card-2: Atheros AR242x / AR542x Wireless Network Adapter (PCI-Express) driver: ath5k bus-ID: 01:00.0
           IF: wlan0 state: up mac: <filter>
Drives:    HDD Total Size: 22.2GB (3.3% used) 1: id: /dev/sda model: ASUS size: 4.0GB 
           2: id: /dev/sdb model: ASUS size: 16.1GB 3: USB id: /dev/sdc model: DataTraveler_2.0 size: 2.0GB 
Partition: 
Sensors:   System Temperatures: cpu: 58.0C mobo: N/A 
           Fan Speeds (in rpm): cpu: 1726 
Info:      Processes: 91 Uptime: 26 min Memory: 200.2/2016.6MB Runlevel: 5 Gcc sys: 4.7.1 Client: Shell inxi: 1.8.13 
a

Guess I have new grand daughter on the way. Found out at the wedding. I'm a little hung over also. __{{emoticon}}__

Good luck in the Olympics also, no matter where you are from.
masinick
Congratulations on the future grand daughter, Roky! Hope the pregnancy goes well for the mom and that the family remains together always and is greatly blessed!

Hope my buddy Roky is happy and proud, and since you shared the news, I think you are!

My antiX setups are all working really well. I have antiX Base M12.0 RC 2 installed on my Gateway portable, and two antiX core setups, which I created in the M11.0 timeframe, both using Debian Sid archives, so I have not brought them to M12.0; no need; they work great, but I have tried newer kernels on them, and those also work great.
fatmac
There seems to be a problem with the installer (antiX-12-base-rc2).

When I installed to an SDHC card, I had to change the drive designation in boot/grub/menu.lst & the etc/fstab entries.

Hope you can fix this before the official release. __{{emoticon}}__
anticapitalista
Site Admin
fatmac - I hope so too, but TBH I wouldn't put any money on it.
There appears to be an issue in installing grub-legacy and writing a correct menu.list as if they are no longer compatible. For example, the root section of the menu.list is written wrongly, ie root ( ,0) or if root section is not written, some distros do not boot.

For the SDHC card, did you install grub to the MBR of the device? Give us some details so we can try and get it sorted.
masinick
Warren Woodford had the exact same issue with his first build of SimplyMEPIS 11.0 a year or two ago. May want to ask him what he did. Maybe it is time to consider GRUB 2 as well?