masinick
Are we official with this software as the final release, or are we holding off some more (perhaps waiting for a few more"tweaks" from Warren)? I've been having good results with both SimplyMEPIS and antiX throughout the testing phase, but I know that my experiences don't always reflect those of others, so I'm wondering how I should be presenting the current state of antiX to others as I promote it around at various forums. I've already been"glowing" about it in my comments, released or not! __{{emoticon}}__
susavane1
oldhoghead wrote:Susavane1,

As to the cd : Susanne when you try to boot the cd, go into your bios and set the cd to boot first and see if it will then boot.

It would help us to know the particulars of your rig, how about in terminal as a user

inxi -F

and paste result here in a code box

cheers,
ohh
Hi oldhohead,
thank you for your advice. Of course I choose the boot order to boot from cd in my bios.
I cannot come to a terminal to be able to get the output of inxi-F. But out from lununtu which I installed instead of
antiX now I made a hardware report, which I will attach to this post.
Greetings, Susanne

__{{emoticon}}__

P.S.: I can't attach the file. All the formats I tried are not allowed: .html, .doc, .odt, .pdf and .txt.
So I will copy the interesting informations here:

Computer
Processor Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.00GHz
Memory 250MB (88MB used)
Operating System Ubuntu 10.04.2 LTS
User Name default1 (default1)
Date/Time ven. 22 avril 2011 01:03:35 CEST
Display
Resolution 1024x768 pixels
OpenGL Renderer Unknown
X11 Vendor The X.Org Foundation
Multimedia
Audio Adapter ICH - SiS SI7012
Audio Adapter ENS1371 - Ensoniq AudioPCI
Audio Adapter MPU-401 UART - MPU-401 UART
PCI Devices
Host bridge Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] SiS645DX Host & Memory & AGP Controller (rev 01)
PCI bridge Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] Virtual PCI-to-PCI bridge (AGP)
ISA bridge Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] SiS962 [MuTIOL Media IO] (rev 25)
SMBus Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] SiS961/2 SMBus Controller
IDE interface Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] 5513 [IDE] (prog-if 80 [Master])
Multimedia audio controller Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] AC'97 Sound Controller (rev a0)
USB Controller Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] USB 1.1 Controller (rev 0f) (prog-if 10)
USB Controller Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] USB 1.1 Controller (rev 0f) (prog-if 10)
USB Controller Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] USB 2.0 Controller (prog-if 20)
Ethernet controller Intel Corporation 82557/8/9/0/1 Ethernet Pro 100 (rev 0c)
Multimedia audio controller Ensoniq 5880B [AudioPCI] (rev 04)
VGA compatible controller ATI Technologies Inc Rage 128 Pro Ultra TF
susavane1
anticapitalista wrote:Choose the no cheats option, then type vga=normal or vga=788 and drvr=vesa then press Enter
Hi anti, thank you for your answer. I tried all these things and others with always the same result. I think this graphics card
"ATI Technologies Inc Rage 128 Pro Ultra TF" is not supported by M11, although it is by antiX 8.5.
Greetings, Susanne

__{{emoticon}}__
Dave
Have you verified that you have a good cd burn or iso download? I cannot see a graphics card holding the boot, even to a terminal session. I can only see the card stopping when trying to load X which seems to be the case on when you tried with the rootdelay=20 on the end of grub. If you try with the usb again then add a space and a 3 to the end of the grub line as well. If you get the command line, log in as root and use sgfxi to install the proper driver.