kidx86
Here is a look at what all the menu icons look like for the gamer edition kidx86 themes made by Dave also you can use these on your site to adverstise AntiX-Gamer just link to the iso when released or link here.

Eino
I have found If you install the following fonts, and adjust the xorg.conf to the following you will have support for LCD font outputs.
The fonts

Code: Select all

fontconfig-config 
fonts-freefont-ttf
fonts-liberation
fonts-lyx
fonts-mgopen 
fonts-opensymbol
fonts-sil-gentium
xorg.conf

Code: Select all

Section"Files"
    ModulePath  "/usr/lib/xorg/modules"
    FontPath    "/usr/share/fonts/X11/misc"
    FontPath    "/usr/share/fonts/X11/cyrillic"
    FontPath    "/usr/share/fonts/X11/100dpi/:unscaled"
    FontPath    "/usr/share/fonts/X11/75dpi/:unscaled"
    FontPath    "/usr/share/fonts/X11/Type1"
    FontPath    "/usr/share/fonts/X11/100dpi"
    FontPath    "/usr/share/fonts/X11/75dpi"
    FontPath    "/var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType"
    FontPath    "built-ins"
EndSection
Personally, what I missed the most on the gamers edition pyNeighborhood is missing.
Because I don't keep many of my notes on the local machine, and I like backing up my work on another machine..

I hope this helps.

BTW I'm looking forward to the next edition.
kidx86
The fonts are fine on my end might change to a gaming font that supports LCD.Also people if you need help pm me your Benchmark profile using the Benchmark profiler pm me your issue and profile along with it or i cant help you please Help me help you thanks.
kidx86
We need more ati support from testing my HD5770 it tells me i need more tools to install my drivrs so maybe double checking kernel if possible for Ati support well more.
kidx86
People might make a change to a new kernel here is the details below you guys can test it as well.

Liquorix Kernel

Liquorix is a distro kernel replacement built using the best configuration and kernel sources for desktop, multimedia, and gaming workloads.

Debian:

deb
========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"http://liquorix.net/debian"
linktext was:"http://liquorix.net/debian"
====================================
sid main

All packages in the liquorix repository are signed. Run the command below to install all the keyring packages for liquorix.net.

apt-get update
after updated install keyring.
apt-get install '^liquorix-([^-]+-)?keyring.?'
after installed install kernel.
apt-get install linux-headers-3.2.0-6.dmz.1-liquorix-amd64 linux-image-3.2.0-6.dmz.1-liquorix-amd64

This is not working search liquorix in synaptic package manage and install the headers and image let me know what you think of this kernel for gaming.
kidx86
We have chosen to use AntiX-Gamer kernel V5 will be up soon and you guys can test it.Also I am looking for the best xorg.conf for ATI/Nvidia/intel so we can can get the best tweaks for xorg/x11 for Linux we wanna game with ease and also value our performance if you can post your xorg.conf that betters your experience I would be very happy and we would all benefit and appreciate it.Once again I wanna thank all the people that have helped me on this please help us so we can help you cheers.
HardwareGuru
Features I'd like to see in antiX Gamers Edition.

WINE preloaded in the OS. (If allowed)

Freeware FTP client preloaded in the OS for installing mods on game servers.

Freeware HTML/XML client preloaded in the OS.

Freeware text editor preloaded in the OS. Doesn't auto format stuff and has a spell checker. Good for making C++ codes ect.

Freeware image editing software preloaded in the OS.

Blender 3d software preloaded in the OS. (If allowed)

antiX mite already come with a text editor, I'm not sure since I only tried it for about 7 minutes after installing it. I'll mess with it later once I'm not busy.

Adding wifi drivers to the OS doesn't seem like a bad idea ether, though it may increase the ISO sizes too much. Plus it mite cause copyright issues, depending on the makers of the drivers.

If you can keep the file size of the Gamers Edition at 8gb or less that would be ideal. Then people could stick it on a flash drive or a dual layer DVD.

I think you should only release a 64bit version of this OS as 32bit OS limits you to 4gb of ram. Later on maybe you could release a 128bit version, but it would be overkill if released in the near future.
kidx86
Wne=Yes
FTP=Filezilla
Browser=Firefox
Text-Editor=XFWrite
Image Editiing=Gimp latest
imageviewer=XFImage
Blender 3d=Yes latest Blender 3D
ScreenShots=AntiX-Screenshot

All you have told me is already supported i thought about modders and server admins since i am both we will be releaseing a mod for Nexuiz as well for our Distro might wanna try V5 here is the link and you can get back to me on what you think all in all what you ask you shall get.

========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"http://www.daveserver.info/antiX/ISO/AntiX-Gamer-Edition-Full-Alpha-V5.iso"
linktext was:"http://www.daveserver.info/antiX/ISO/An ... pha-V5.iso"
====================================
kidx86
People Gamer edition maybe changing to LXDE why becasue its nice and very very slick and i like it I also hope to get a decent installer like anconda somthing more fashion and up our ally sorru for not posting at all every one has been busy with 13 and I hope to get some help on the distro as I dont code at all.