anticapitalista
Site Admin
Some suggestions.

Remove all apps you don't want with apt-get purge
For a games version, I would suggest more games and less 'normal' apps.
So I would remove libreoffice.
I think you should keep all of kde out as it makes it fatter and heavier re slower. So no k3b.
I don't see the point of having the anti-virus software on linux.

The install-meta app used to have an easy way to install various games in the Debian repo. I'll try and find it.

The wallpaper is ok as is the icewm theme. Do you really want audio and video apps?
And do you want their icons on the desktop?

Like I said, these are just suggestions. feel free to ignore and do your own thing!
anticapitalista
Site Admin
To fix the wallpaper issue.

Edit / etc/skel/.config/rox.sourceforge.net/ROX-Filer/pb_antiX-icewm

and also, if you haven't done so already.

/ etc/skel/.wallpaper/feh-bg.rox-ice

etc/skel/.wallpaper/saved

to all point to your wallpaper in /usr/share/wallpaper/

What is your xinitrc issue?
kidx86
I got the wallpaper fixed now pretymuch all the bad is fixed except the long awaited black screen on login i figured its a preload,BUM or ReadaHead issue.Removing them will make boot times slower and ram usage more this all helps alot all these tweaks are from debian and i researched these for hours.Here is what comes installed and like I said if any of these apps are removed they must be replaced becasue gamers want the capability of read,write,mod,create,think,plan and play games.

Sound & Video:
Openshot
ffmpeg
audacity
VLC
Guvcveiw
K3B
Pulseaudio volume control

Graphics:
Blender
Gimp
Mirage
image Magic
GTK Digital camara Browser
Screenshot
Libre Office Draw

Games Preinstalled
Openarena
Assaultcube
Play On Linux
Dos Box Emulator

AV/Firewall:
Comodo AV
UFW

Programming:
Deberate-Users can make game debs to submit for review,like if you see a game out there you can make a game in to a deb.install path is /home/games/
Geany

Internet:
Mumble
Xchat
Transmission
Iceweasel
gftp
wicd wireless manager

These are just some of the apps installed for gamers.All these apps are crucial for a good gaming distro this distro is not a bloated distro like other distros are.The uniqu thing here is we take care of gamers what do gamers want the capability of doing not only playing games but making gameplay videosI am still looking for gaming tools/tweaks or enhancements for this distro here are some of the tweaks installed.

Tweaks:
Preload
ReadaHead
BUM
insserver
Touchpad tweaks
also swap size tweaks to 80
gpointing-device-settings-for touchpads on laptops

ENJOY!!!!!!!
Eperbab
I have found a similar project:
========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"http://sparkylinux.org/sparkylinux-2-0-1-gameover/"
linktext was:"http://sparkylinux.org/sparkylinux-2-0-1-gameover/"
====================================

Debian based lightweight gamer distro, min. req. 512 MB RAM, preinstalled Steam beta..
You may import some stuff from it.
kidx86
lol none of teh stuff they show off is beneficial to gamers LXDE thats junk on amd and all the stuff i offer for gamers to create,think,play,write and plan games are not even there and this is main core element that makes gamers tick i really wanna see the importan apps also using LXDE is bad Icewm is better also unless they are running a 32bit pae kernel i say good luck on that running on debian 64bit too many dependcies so yeah all in all some apps are useless and the kernel is outdated we run 3.6.6 i tihnk so yea still a viable option though.

What’s under the hood:
- Linux kernel 3.2
- LXDE
- Iceweasel, VLC, Leafpad, Pidgin, Transmission, XChat and a few really important apps
- Flash, Java, multimedia codecs, VLC plugin for Iceweasel
- Desura for Linux
- Steam beta for Linux
- Wine & PlayOnLinux
kidx86
I have got steam working on my antix full version as for gamer I am gona try to get it workign with gamer we only need 2 things fixed and we should be good to go here is what they are.

Userlogin Sessions:
when logging in you sould only see icewm and rox-icewm but you see wii,jwm,fluxbox as well when i am pretty sure i removed them this is the issue where you have long loading times on login casue the distro trys to load WM's that are not there.

Antix-Mininstall Issue:
I am having a problem with the mininstall part of the antix-cli installer also the distro will not install right other than this the distro is good to go.

Final Verdict:
I really hope you guys like this distro ill be adding Steam to the final release as well the issues abouve should and will be taken care of i been working on this distro some time 24/7 to prove my self also to prove that i am serious to people like skidoo I really hope you beta tester have enjoyed the distro.

BitJam
kidx86 wrote:Userlogin Sessions:
when logging in you sould only see icewm and rox-icewm but you see wii,jwm,fluxbox as well when i am pretty sure i removed them this is the issue where you have long loading times on login casue the distro trys to load WM's that are not there.
Is this in the graphical SLiM login screen? It has a black background with stars and a planet. There is a box asking for login and then password in the lower center of the screen. The F1 key can toggle between desktop managers.

You can manually adjust the list of wms by editing the line in / etc/slim.conf that starts with"sessions".

The other place to adjust which wm gets loaded is in the user's ~/.xinitrc file. The change-default-desktop program is supposed to edit both of these files for you automatically but it may not be bug free. A better version called update-default-desktop will be available in the next release. If you know which window managers are available, you should be able to just edit those two files. This is the downside of using SLiM, you are forced to fiddle with those two files. That is why we created change-default-desktop and update-default-desktop. They help SLiM limp along.

AFAIK, there is no mechanism to try various window managers during login. I suspect the delay may be caused by something else.
kidx86
BitJam wrote:
kidx86 wrote:Userlogin Sessions:
Is this in the graphical SLiM login screen? It has a black background with stars and a planet. There is a box asking for login and then password in the lower center of the screen. The F1 key can toggle between desktop managers.

You can manually adjust the list of wms by editing the line in / etc/slim.conf that starts with"sessions".

The other place to adjust which wm gets loaded is in the user's ~/.xinitrc file. The change-default-desktop program is supposed to edit both of these files for you automatically but it may not be bug free. A better version called update-default-desktop will be available in the next release. If you know which window managers are available, you should be able to just edit those two files. This is the downside of using SLiM, you are forced to fiddle with those two files. That is why we created change-default-desktop and update-default-desktop. They help SLiM limp along.

AFAIK, there is no mechanism to try various window managers during login. I suspect the delay may be caused by something else.
I think LightDM will do for now you dont have to fiddle with anything and its faster on loading just have the installer issue and thats it witch i am working on.
kidx86
Ok an update on Gamer Edition, We are getting close to releasing an alpha version of this distro just fixing up a few minor issues.Thanks to Dave and Anti for all the help on this distro now laptops can run fine touch pads work and also this should be faster than ever with no issues unlike sopme other debian test based distros cough L cough M well you can fill in the rest.Well also i am not totally hating on any other distro becasue i say they are viable options but as long as Dave,Anti and my self are here Gamer Edition is here for life.
Eino
System wide when your using a big-screen, the fonts are too small to read, It dose look good on a small screen. Every thing in the games look good. Inside the browser the fonts are good. I would try to make the change myself but I can't see anything to make the changes. Navigation around the system is some educated guessing on my part.
Setting up my wireless connection was not a big problem, I just needed to find the right wireless driver package to load via synaptic. ( i did that when I was using the small screen) Other than the fonts everything looks good.
kidx86
As for fonts thats one thing i need to update teh kernel and you might be in better luck but i need the command to update teh kernel uname -a shows smp2 when i have smp3 installed?
kidx86
Here is the new Menu icon editied for gamer edition enjoy please comment on it as I want all community input?

kidx86
Any one know how to get Atheros Wireless LAN Driver or drivers for wireless if so please let me know we also need wireless drivers so we can support all your wireless devices like notebooks and mobile phones.
Eino
If you search Synaptic package manager, with the word"Atheros" You will get the wireless card, and USB drivers for the Linux supported wireless devices.
kidx86
kidx86
ok now time to install that into the distro for V4 any more wireless drivers that are in the synaptic package manager that people use?