anticapitalista
Site Admin
rust collector, what screen resolution does that happen with? 800x600?
rust collector
My screen is 1024x600, and it seems antix picks that up.
As usual, if that is not really what you wanted, let me know.

Before, when I have been asked to pick a mode, I have chosen 800x600x32
Hmm, is that what it runs until the x-stuff has started?
Hannes Worst
I installed antiX-base-T3 and it was overall a smooth install. Some minor problems occured, wich are more or less solved.

I used de gui-installer. The proces was completed without error. However, after installation I discovered that the keyboard selection didn't turn ou right. During installed I choose nl_NL as locale and en_US as keyboard layout. After the install this was defined in /etc/default/keyboard as 'nl,en'. It resulted in an en_GB keyboard-layout so I had to adjust this manually afterwards.
I didn't like the colourfull design of the default fluxbox theme. It was to bright for my taste at that moment, so I tried to change it, using the button 'change login-options' of the antiXCC. I wanted to have jwm-rox as default, instead of fluxbox-rox. Pressing the button, It prompted for my rootpassword, which subsequently resulted in an error. Appearently there was no user_home selected. The advice was returned to me to run 'change-default-desktop' as normal user. I choose to change de default windowmanager by editing the .xinitrc.
This worked out. After that I tried to change the background with the available button in the antiXCC, but that didn't change anything in the long run. The background shifted to the original wallpaper the next time I logged in. I managed to change the background more permanently by using the backdrop-feature of the rox-panel. However, everytime I log in the default brightcolored wallpaper still flashes by for a few seconds.
After I changed the background, conky appeared in a white box, the conky-background was not transparent in the new background. I think it still showed a little square of the original wallpaper. So I disabled conky.

Maybe i didn't handle the change of windowmanagers and wallpapers in the appropriate manner. A few glitches, however I'm very font of this new desktop. It's overall very fast, and low on cpu. Allthough it's an install of antiX-base there are still a lot of options to design your own desktop, most of which I haven't tried yet.
dolphin_oracle
@rust collector - I also use a resolution of 1024x600. at boot, I usually modify the vga= line to vga=normal. this will allow boot up to finish. I did not try to change wm configurations in slim. I will try on mine and see what happens. I know that geany opens up with the title bar up off the top of the screen on my eeepc.
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Also try with no vga= in the boot menu.
Or, if running live, try removing the noxorg cheat at boot menu.
masinick
masinick
I haven't snagged the antiX-base-t3 until just now; been having too good of a time with antiX M12.0 Test 2 - with the 3.3.3 kernel (which I have also applied to my antiX core system; works well in both places.

I probably won't be installing this one; too pleased with my existing setups, but I will wring it out just to make sure the live image works well on my systems (past ones have; I'll do it just to ensure that there are no regressions). I've been promoting it to my friends and will continue to do so, in order that we get some good testing in for the M12.0 release.

Keep up the great work!
rust collector
I usually use the vga=normal, but I think I might have forgot to try that in T3.

@d.oracle I have the window that opens past the top/bottom of the screen too.
It is quite annoying to have to alt+drag the window to get to a button at the bottom, or the title bar on top,
even if it is a minor issue...just annoying.

I have to re-download T3, as the wife put pics on my stick, but will give it a try later.

Oh, and while I am here... When I run live from the stick, the cpu runs at full speed (1600)
When I install, it runs at half speed (800)
Is that normal?
As usual, I have not figured out how to set cpu speed, but I think it is odd that it is different when you install the system?
dolphin_oracle
rust collector,

if you are using fluxbox, you can set windows to remember their size and position. I do this on every window that opens weird on the eeepc. That way, I only have to alt-drag once to resize. It gets really annoying on flux because you can only resize the window with the lower window corner, and that is usually off screen. maximizing a window will also snap the corners to the corners of your screen.
rust collector
great! I didn't know it could remember the resizing!

I have been quite happy using fluxbox for a little bit lately, but I think I am a icewm kinda person...
But i go back and forth a lot.
masinick
I have antiX-base-t3 running now live on my Gateway, which is where I also installed antiX M12.0 Test 2 base, and I have an instance of antiX core here as well, all using the 3.3.3 kernel. I also have the antiX core setup on my Lenovo laptop.

I have not exercised the installer here for t3 and I probably won't, but I ran it for Test 2 and it worked perfectly for me and I absolutely love Test 2 on this Gateway box. As long as nothing regressses seriously, it'll be good here; no reason to suspect otherwise, based on how well t3 runs live here.
rust collector
I am not having much luck with the session-switching issue.
I have tried without the vga option, and with that, and without something else...and with no options at all.

I dunno?

Is there any way I can get the"old" box back on T3? Just to try things, and knowing what I am trying?
anticapitalista
Site Admin
rust collector, download the slim tarball from here:

========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"http://www.mepisimo.com/antix/Tarballs/"
linktext was:"http://www.mepisimo.com/antix/Tarballs/"
====================================

unpack it and copy the /slim/themes/antiX contents to /usr/share/slim/themes/antiX folder on your installed antiX. (as root)
NoSavvy
I have a few antiX installations now, all fully updated and have I just downloaded the"test3 base" and tried it.
On all systems the 5 second timer is not working when changing the default desktop through the control panel.

Anyone else experience this.???

NS.
anticapitalista
Site Admin
NoSavvy, I think it is broken. Hopefully it will be fixed for final.
rust collector
anticapitalista wrote:rust collector, download the slim tarball from here:

========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"http://www.mepisimo.com/antix/Tarballs/"
linktext was:"http://www.mepisimo.com/antix/Tarballs/"
====================================

unpack it and copy the /slim/themes/antiX contents to /usr/share/slim/themes/antiX folder on your installed antiX. (as root)
Ok, I did that, and it works! __{{emoticon}}__
It is quite nice to know what wm I select __{{emoticon}}__

I did try a few things with the new one, and (I might be totally wrong...as usual) it does kind of look like there is a black empty window covering the bottom of the screen, that cover most of the letters?

But I really have no idea.