topic title: antiX-15 released
WaltH
Nice work! This is my first go-round with antiX since version 8.5. You got the nod after I had all sorts of UEFI issues trying to install the 64-bit version of Peppermint 6, which I also liked (issues that are causing them to work on a re-spin).

I have a few minor things I need to figure out how to change, but so far, so good. I was able to get my printer up and running without much trouble (something I could not say with Manjaro). If I figure out how to change the look a bit, this could last on my machine a while.
rokytnji
Be sure and check out the videos provided.
They are Bona Fide!

========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFWlej2CSKlXW5uE9opXukQ"
linktext was:"https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFWlej ... 5uE9opXukQ"
====================================

If you can. Take a second to hit the thumbs up button to like the video you watched.
Dolphin_Oracle and I will appreciate this small gesture.

Happy trails and Howdy and Welcome, Rok.
WaltH
rokytnji wrote:Be sure and check out the videos provided.
They are Bona Fide!

========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFWlej2CSKlXW5uE9opXukQ"
linktext was:"https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFWlej ... 5uE9opXukQ"
====================================

If you can. Take a second to hit the thumbs up button to like the video you watched.
Dolphin_Oracle and I will appreciate this small gesture.

Happy trails and Howdy and Welcome, Rok.
Thanks! I have looked at a few of the videos. Very nice work. I need to go back. Out of curiousity, do tips concerning older versions (say antiX-13) still apply to 15?
rokytnji
Out of curiousity, do tips concerning older versions (say antiX-13) still apply to 15?
Hopefully Dolphin_Oracle will read this and get back with you on this. I'd say yes but maybe he knows some detail or two I don't.
masinick
rokytnji wrote:
Out of curiosity, do tips concerning older versions (say antiX-13) still apply to 15?
Hopefully Dolphin_Oracle will read this and get back with you on this. I'd say yes but maybe he knows some detail or two I don't.
I'll take an equally short stab at this too. Many of the tips provided for earlier versions will and do apply, but things do change and sometimes there are small changes to the procedures; other times a completely different approach is necessary.

I'd suggest trying the tips; if any do not work out, comment back here or in response to the tip. Those are probably tips that we'll want to edit and update for newer versions of software, and even if you do not consider yourself an expert, if you see a tip that no longer works, pointing it out will be helpful and those can be the first things that can be changed in documentation updates.

If I happen to know the answer and I am available, I'll be glad to update the item in question; availability and time to do it will be my constraining factors.
WaltH
masinick wrote:I'll take an equally short stab at this too. Many of the tips provided for earlier versions will and do apply, but things do change and sometimes there are small changes to the procedures; other times a completely different approach is necessary.

I'd suggest trying the tips; if any do not work out, comment back here or in response to the tip. Those are probably tips that we'll want to edit and update for newer versions of software, and even if you do not consider yourself an expert, if you see a tip that no longer works, pointing it out will be helpful and those can be the first things that can be changed in documentation updates.

If I happen to know the answer and I am available, I'll be glad to update the item in question; availability and time to do it will be my constraining factors.
Thanks. I think I've looked at the antiX-15 videos. As time allows, I'll look back at some of the others. One thing I would like to see (perhaps I missed it) is a video on how to create or modify themes in JWM or IceWM (or even Fluxbox). I've tried looking at some of the documentation for JWM, but a lot of it has been over my head, perhaps because much of it does not give examples of how to use the syntax. (I tried modifying a JWM theme, but it still looks a lot like it did before modification, even though I changed the theme file itself.)

In the meantime, I'm enjoying this go-round with antiX, and I seem to be learning some new things. It's scary to think about what I don't know considering I've been using Linux for some 15 years. __{{emoticon}}__
fatmac
It's scary to think about what I don't know considering I've been using Linux for some 15 years. __{{emoticon}}__
No shame in that, there is so much that only a very few people know most of it. __{{emoticon}}__

I've been using Linux & BSD since 1999 & there is plenty that I don't know, but I know what I need to do what I want. __{{emoticon}}__