topic title: antiX-15 released
Alanarchy
Posts 0
Alanarchy
So which dev member is sunning in Barbados?
Isn't that one of those cold countries? __{{emoticon}}__

I mean, it was only 27° C there today. We hit 35° C.
greywolf
Congratulations Anti and all others involved in Antix15 release.

Another superb release from such a talented and dedicated crew. We are all truly in your debt. Thank you!

Greywolf.
Aleph
anticapitalista wrote:Aleph -re nvidia -

Ok, reboot and reboot into init 3 (at grub boot menu, hit 'e' key then scroll down to the kernel line and type 3 then press F10 - and run smxi again.

Or boot as normal, to desktop then drop to console, then run smxi again.

It is a pain in 64 bit. 32 bit does not have these loops.
Well, after more than 20 tries and reboots no succes.... __{{emoticon}}__

A real pain Nvidia!

What about the others problems? They persist. Unable to updete yet...
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Aleph - could you plaese pot the problem in the antix-15-killah-p-f53.html part of the forum. then more users will see it and it won't get lost here.

Thanks
Aleph
Ok. Done.

you can remove theese post if you like.
skidoo
This followup was intended for
antix-15-b3-v-t5637.html
but i got a"Forum Locked" when I attempted to post there.

I had reported that the kernel was not recognizing all 6 cores of i7 3930K cpu.
FWIW, all are now recognized when testing the antix15 final 64bit build. (I haven't yet tested the 32bit build on that system)
dark-D
the full version of antix 15 doesn't have pppoeconf installed. that means that me and the majority of the country cannot connect to the internet. as the largest isp uses it, to authenticate the users when they connect to the broadband. because i didn't managed to connect to the internet i haven't tested it further.
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Bummer! Bug fix release (September at the earliest) will include it.

Sorry about that to all our users in Romania.

Added: Is all you need pppoeconf? Nothing else like pppoe?
dark-D
on my system, i only have pppoeconf installed and i can connect to the internet. so, no pppoe.
maybe it should be added to all the versions, as the program is about 300KB in size. thanks.
woodsmoke
Thumbs up!
woodthegregmangetsmyplasticinediscsoffthebeltwayssmoke
equimanthorn
Thanks to Anticapitalista and all the Antix team !!!
As always the new build is better than ever,thanks
BitJam
Bump. To bring this thread back to the first page of active topics.
worktowork
Posts 0
worktowork
Thank you for antix 15. Installation tip for my PC. I have installed two times.1st time (after installation to hard disk) I can`t see desktop like in live with conky in right up corner of screen (information about using RAM , swap and CPU ...) , 2nd time I have checked save live desktop changes .After installation to hard disk I can see like in live.I like youtube viewer for smtube with low ram.When I have free time I am going to translate to russian language.Excuse me , please.
skidoo
conky has been intermittently glitching for me also.
Early during antix15 betatesting, I think I mentioned"I wish conky still reported 'Root Persist Enabled'. I sort of count on seeing that"
...and everyone probably wondered WTH was I talking about.

At start of session, the conky output often includes only the content down to the 4th graph
(bottommost lines missing, same as worktowork seems to be reporting).
Killing and restarting conky clears the problem, but sometimes need to kill/relaunch it a couple times.
FWIW, the glitch seldom occurs due to conky restarting when I change between fluxbox and icewm desktops.

64bit, antix15 full, live session -- something is DEFINITELY leaking memory.
edit: culprit seems to be the browser

Radeon 7700series card in this PC ----} frequent (at least once per day) Xorg crashes.
Sometimes this happens while the pc is sitting idle (unattended, no web browser running, nothing intensive going on).
Searching online for the errors I found in the logfiles, looks like same stuff that folks have been seeing/reporting
for radeon cards since way back in 2010.

Although I have not dist-upgraded (and don't plan to), and sound tests OK (intel PCH device on the mobo) no sound output heard.
I'm not positive, but I seem to recall sound WAS initially working when I first began using antix15 on this PC.
I don't think I've messed with any settings nor upgraded any packages which would have interfered with sound.
Wondered whether deleting the live"state files" should be a troubleshooting step
Last edited by skidoo on 27 Aug 2015, 04:09, edited 2 times in total.
worktowork
Posts 0
worktowork
I have to try live antix 15 base. I can`t find gdebi installer.I can`t find pppoeconf, so can`t connect to internet.