balloon
I meet with the problem that input method does not react to in systemD version.
The problem pushes the operation key to input method, and it does not react.
I confirm this problem in iBus, Fcitx and uim.
The environment variable becomes available normally.
The sysVinit version can work.

Do you understand any assumed cause?
skidoo
antiX-14-a3-RV_x64-full, with bitjam's initrd patch

htop (also top) is showing dozens of consolekit-daemon processes.
I recall seeing this in an early version of visido distro, but I don't remember the reason nor how VastOne fixed the problem.
I've read old bug reports debating"are they processes, or just threads?"
Well, FWIW, startup memory overhead is much higher than I've ever seen in any antix session, and each listed deamon has its own PID.

---------------------

In rox-filer, some commands seem to be inaccessible. Previously, I'm fairly sure the right-click context menu offered a"New" (create new file or dir) command
but I'm currently unable to find that. FWIW, same occurs for normal user and usage under sudo.

----------------------

"udevil" is not installed? I think i had to install it manually and even afterward, spacefm (as Root) is unable to mount some of my drives
(I've never seen this problem in prior usage)

----------------------

after installing"mate-system-monitor" (lovely GUI system monitor) and updating menus... it's not showing up.
Hmm, hold that thought -- I haven't checked whether its .desktop includes a OnlyShowIn=mate declaration.

-----------------------

(i thought"sudo update-alternatives" might fix the following, but it didn't)
In sudo use, noticed in spacefm that no"default handlers" for each mimetype are set. Each time you try to"Open as Text" (or even dbl-click to open a textfile)...
...need to use the"select application: all applications" dialog tab (and wait 15secs or so each time for the list to populate)
BitJam
For htop, try the tip
========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/10362/why-does-htop-show-more-process-than-ps"
linktext was:"here"
====================================
and see if that fixes the problem. Maybe we can provide a default ~/.config/htop/htoprc file.
skidoo
/home/demo/.config/htop/.htoprc exists... and owner of the htop dir (and contents) is root !
after chown and editing the rc file to hide_userland_thread=1 (was 0)
YES, the 50 or so consolekit-daemon lines are now suppressed from htop output. Still...

Same as ever (for me) all non-essential services are disabled.
Instead of seeing the expected 70Mb or so inuse RAM displayed by conky at start of fluxbox session, It is 143Mb.
64-bit is comparatively that much"heavier"?

-------------------

While checking htop, I found several other directories under /home/demo/.config bearing root ownership.
htop, leafpad, roxterm.sf.net/Shortcuts, gtk-2.0 and dconf
Ah, that explains SEVERAL of the errors I've tripped accross recently!

Anyone else finding root ownership for these?
(i may have messed 'em up while experimenting with launching stuff"via gExec, with and without checkboxes... vs gksu sudo mode")

------------------------

i haven't figured out the"can't open devices (hard drive partitions) in spacefm" issue yet.
Can't access hdd partitions via rox-filer nor from ControlCentre-}Disks

Code: Select all

Error opening '/dev/sda1': Permission denied
Failed to mount '/dev/sda1': Permission denied
Please check '/dev/sda1' and the ntfs-3g binary permissions,
and the mounting user ID. More explanation is provided at
http://tuxera.com/community/ntfs-3g-faq/#unprivileged
Mount failed
In this iso, is the"default" NOAUTO / AUTOMOUNT / NOUSB different compared to the previous beta?
I haven't yet changed away from the default, but I suspect I'll need to do so.
Wait, does that boot option only govern mounting of removable drives?
BitJam
skidoo wrote:While checking htop, I found several other directories under /home/demo/.config bearing root ownership.

(i may have messed 'em up while experimenting with launching stuff"via gExec, with and without checkboxes... vs gksu sudo mode")
The code that copies /etc/skel into the user's home directory can be found in /etc/init.d/live-init (soon to be /live/etc/init.d/live-init). It is straightforward:

local demo=/home/demo
    [...]
    mkdir -p $demo
    cp -r -P -p mode /_etc/skel/* /_etc/skel/.[a-zA-Z]* $demo 2>/dev/null
    chown -R demo:users $demo 2>/dev/null
So I suspect the ownership problems were created later. If you can figure out what's doing it then we can warn people about it.
dolphin_oracle
skidoo wrote:/home/demo/.config/htop/.htoprc exists... and owner of the htop dir (and contents) is root !
after chown and editing the rc file to hide_userland_thread=1 (was 0)
YES, the 50 or so consolekit-daemon lines are now suppressed from htop output. Still...

Same as ever (for me) all non-essential services are disabled.
Instead of seeing the expected 70Mb or so inuse RAM displayed by conky at start of fluxbox session, It is 143Mb.
64-bit is comparatively that much"heavier"?

-------------------

While checking htop, I found several other directories under /home/demo/.config bearing root ownership.

------------------------

i haven't figured out the"can't open devices (hard drive partitions) in spacefm" issue yet.
Can't access hdd partitions via rox-filer nor from ControlCentre-}Disks

Error opening '/dev/sda1': Permission denied
Failed to mount '/dev/sda1': Permission denied
Please check '/dev/sda1' and the ntfs-3g binary permissions,
and the mounting user ID. More explanation is provided at
http://tuxera.com/community/ntfs-3g-faq/#unprivileged
Mount failed
In this iso, is the"default" NOAUTO / AUTOMOUNT / NOUSB different compared to the previous beta?
the defaults aren't different, however I have the same issue. udevil IS installed however by default spacefm uses pmount instead. this was the same in antix 13.2 . Open up the mount and unmount command settings and delete the pmount command. spacefm will now use udevil to do the mounting and umounting. this is how I have my antix 13.2 installed version configured and I've done the same on antix-14-a3
Dave
dolphin_oracle wrote:i haven't tried it yet because I haven't installed, but what happens to desktop-session if you install say xfce or gnome?
This is a very good question. Without going into another DM can we have some people test a few DEs' such as xfce, gnome, kde?
As long as slim is used desktop-session will be used, but if GDM or KDM (as is the case with gnome and kde) are used than desktop-session is out of the question. I can forse needing to change / etc/desktop-session/desktop-session.conf to disable xdg-autostart, startup, conky, etc as a DE already has these built in. This is what desktop-session does, may a DesktopEnvironment out of Window Managers. Therefor most/some of the features may not be desired with a true DE.
Dave
Updated list to try to keep up with what is what

Solved
Problem: Conky sometimes disappears when starting a session and / or rox pinboard produces an error
Solution: Adjust startup delay in / etc/desktop-session.conf to 2 or greater.

Problem: Standard Items in Personal menu are not editable / do not follow user selected defaults.
Solution: edit / etc/xdg/menus/TCM-MENU.menu by commenting out / removing" <AppDir>/usr/share/desktop-defaults/defaults/</AppDir>"
add"desktop-menu --menu-file='/ etc/xdg/menus/TCM-MENU.menu' --write-out --write-out-file='personal'" to /usr/share/desktop-session/first-run-script

Problem: rox-fluxbox missing from alternative desktops menu
Solution: Run desktop-session-update-wm-menus before building iso

Problem: Keys files not coherent with the other window managers
Solution: Update Keys Files

Problem: JWM Keys file opening applications as root when attempting to make capital letters
Solution: Update jwm keys file
(post37589.html#p37589)

Problem: Conky sits on top of other windows when restarting / starting
Solution: add" wmctrl -F -r"Conky ($HOST)" add,below" to conky section of desktop-session

Problem: Conky missing screen resolution
Solution: add ${color}${execi 100 xdpyinfo | sed -n -r"s/^\s*dimensions:.*\s([0-9]+x[0-9]+).*/\1/p"} to conky rcs'

Problem: Conky persist enabled check is too frequent
Solution: bump time value from 10 to 100

Problem: Conky root FS Used value @ 99% live
Solution:
BitJam wrote:I think this is because it shows the amount of free space. So this is a choice, not a bug.

Problem: Conky font difficult to read
Solution: Change font."xftfont DejaVu Sans:bold:size=9"
(viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5325)

Problem: Fluxbox menu -> desktop -> session settings global does not open root text editor with config.
Solution: Remove the () around (Global)

Problem: System D live boot missing"quiet" boot parameter
Solution: add"quiet" to extlinux and syslinux boot strings.

Problem: fluxbox menu has duplicated entries for updating the menu. One under update menus and the other under fluxbox settings.
Solution: remove the one from fluxbox settings.

Problem: Add Desktop under tools no longer works...
Solution: change exec portion of menu to point to add-desktop or remove in favor of duplicate item in desktop submenu

Problem: sbins not in system path for user... only root
Solution: add"PATH=$PATH:/sbin:/usr/sbin" to ~/.bashrc

Problem: All packages in antix repo are listed twice
Solution: Comment out stable repo

Problem: Menu lacking entry for synaptic
Solution: add / modify .desktop file for synaptic

Problem: Geany remembering the previously opened files as default
Solution: Set geany config to forget previous files on startup as default

Problem: Swap not automatically turning on in live USB
Solution:
BitJam wrote: I believe this is only a problem with systemd. I should be able to fix it by moving our live init.d scripts into the initrd. We need to create / etc/fstab before systemd runs.

Problem: Persistance not asking to change passwords... normal?
Solution:
BitJam wrote:I believe this is only with systemd. I should be able to fix it by moving our live init.d scripts into the initrd. This should also make it work much faster on sysV systems.

Problem: Boot menu resolution not"sticking" with the save option for a custom entry
Solution:
BitJam wrote:I will fix this. I believe it is a simple change to the gfxsave.conf file in the initrd.

Problem: Network interfaces incrementing by 1 (wlan0 wlan1 wlan2 ) for each machine live usb is run on
Solution: rm / etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules

Problem/Solution:

Warning! fusbh200_hcd should always be loaded before uhci_hcd and ohci_hcd, not after
There was a similar problem with the ehci module for a while. In this case the fusbh200_hcd driver is compiled in but so are uhci_hcd and ohci_hcd. I think we will have to compile uhci_hcd and ochi_hcd as loadable modules in order to avoid getting that error message.

Problem: Clipboard Manager (clipit) not enabled on startup.
Solution: add to startup or enable xdg autostart in desktop-session

Problem: The dpi=xxx boot parameter no longer works.
Solution: Fixed

Problem: No mode settings for persistance while making a new persist file on clean boot.
Solution: FIxed.

Problem/Solution: Translation Error!
error-of-japanese-translation-t5102.html

Problem: Control center"live" link for RemasterCC should point to Remaster-Live.
Solution: change action to remaster-live

Problem: Spacefm Automount (pmount) fails erroring that mtab/fstab contains entry already
Solution: Remove pmount from the default spacefm configuration and allow for udevil to work.

Problem: Cups service failing to start on RD versions
Solution: post37895.html#p37895

[/color]

Possible Solution
Problem: Items from default desktop and personal menu are duplicated in the applications menu
Solution: add filters to xdg/menus/* or add Item to NoDisplay in the various .desktop files.

Problem: Installer copies files as *root* to user home resulting in the inability to run / save program settings (geany / gtk).
Solution: Move skel copy strings from installer to /usr/share/desktop-session/first-run-script

Problem: set-screen-blank errors out first run due to lack of ~/.desktop-session/desktop-session.conf
Solution: Add ~/.desktop-session/desktop-session.conf to / etc/desktop-session/file_compare

Problem: Control-Center -> edit system moniter always opens the same conky file.
Solution: make control center read desktop session and open appropriate config ( a lib entry may be needed for desktop and control center to share )

Problem: Gdebi not auto updating menu as it directly utilizes dpkg not apt, therefor the apt hook does not come into play
Solution: Move /usr/bin/update-menus, Symlink /usr/bin/update-menus with apt update script, and run moved update-menus in apt script.

Problem: Update Menus --> Update Local Menu overwrites the global menu based on going through the symlink.
Solution: Destroy the local menu update.
**** OR ****
Destroy the symlink before writing a local menu
**** OR ****
Write a local menu to a different location.

Problem: after running add/remove desktop for personal menu items the menu is not refreshed
Solution: add"desktop-menu --menu-file='/ etc/xdg/menus/TCM-MENU.menu' --write-out --write-out-file='personal'" call in add/remove desktop scripts

Problem: Spacefm not showing internal drives as default. As user allowable mount is not set in fstab...
Solution: Go up to the menu bar, and Devices>Settings>Show>Internal Drives (Better spacefm default config....)
Maybe live boot scripts/installer could update for internal drives as was previously done at one point?

Problem: Boot menu lacking for selecting desktop session (usb)
Solution: add or educate on alternative desktops

Problem: Some systems need nomodeset"set" / intel driver not loading
Solution:
BitJam wrote:This option is still available in the Video Mode boot menu. I think the problem was a regression in the intel driver which caused it to fail on some systems that it used to work on.

Problem: Sometimes persist-save is not running due to another running instance that does not seem to exist
Solution: Remove /usr/local/bin/reboot and /usr/local/bin/halt. This might help fix related problems.

Problem: Rounded corners in global, sample, fluxbox overlay file are causing theme customizations to not"take hold"
Solution: Comment out the rounded portions of the fluxbox overlay file.

Problem: The Message whilst loading the session is"getting old"
Solution: Replace with cookie file or run with a standard dialog such as"Session Loading. Please wait...."

Problem: Desktop menu has only an entry for adding desktop files. There should be a remove desktop files option as well.
Solution: add remove desktop item to the desktop menu.

Problem: add desktop is maybe miss-named... open for suggestions to the name change
Solution: Change name... (add/remove items?)

Problem: XDG autostart set to false in desktop-session. This can be default, or set to true as default.
Solution: Perhaps a poll to determine which should be set and why / how to overcome problems related to this. (Currently Poll suggests Off by default until program to add / remove .desktop items from startup. Maybe add this to the add / remove items program in future)
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5348

Unsolved
Problem: / etc/default/grub set wrong. No quiet mode, not as nice of a theme as previous, etc... just needs refining being the first time with grub 2.
Solution: Set proper defaults and have someone make a nice theme like 4 MX... install grub-customizer to help?

Problem: With user protect enabled, nothing gets updated with the global counterparts when updated. Meanwhile when not protected everything is updated without knowledge.
Solution: Make intermediate option where nothing is updated and a prompt is presented as to what to update when there is an update available the user logs on.

Problem: Installer does not work with a gpt partitioned disk
Solution: refer to updated MX installer

Problem: Homepage differs between RD and RV versions
Solution: Unknown... ASSUME copy the config between versions

Problem: RD not ejecting CD's on shutdown
Solution: Unknown

The Following appear the same
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Problem: Control center lacking quick access to manipulate desktop-session settings (.conf / startup / file_compare / etc....)
Solution: add item to edit such configs in session section of control center

Problem: Lacking links/ability in the control center to edit or change desktop-session related configuration
Solution: add a new tab (or incorporate into another tab) for various buttons to update session"stuff"
Example: desktop-session.conf, desktop-defaults.conf, screen-blank, menu add/remove/update.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Problem: Ceni will not work with wireless but wicd does
Solution: Unknown ASSUME that wicd is"taking over" in the RD version (/ var/run/wpa_supplicant existing and should be remove to run ceni)

Problem: inxi reporting false window manager identification (fluxbox ok)

Problem: Personal menu does not truely accomodate for a manual configuration (similar to userprotect making all updates or no updates)
Solution: Update desktop-menu script

Problem: Grub Repair not related to grub 2
Solution: Update utility for grub to or replace with grub-customizer if the option is there.
========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Boot-Repair"
linktext was:"https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Boot-Repair"
====================================
used to repair.

Problem: Touchpad not working (post37307.html#p37307)

Problem: Cli installer failing, and reporting success

Problem: Synaptic not starting
Solution: Probably Upstream

The following have very high likeness
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Problem: Shutdown / restart sometimes (with persistance AFAIK) will only drop to the CLI
BitJam wrote:Is this related to the problem below where some systems don't powerdown or reboot?

Problem: Some instances are not shutting down fulling and requiring hard reset
Solution: Unknown.
BitJam wrote:Is this related to the problem above?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Problem: HDMI utilization is a PITA
Solution: small app to set / control HDMI video / sound output

Problem: Core 32 has long boot delay with root persistance enabled

Problem: Change mouse settings dialog does not display current settings upon startup.

Problem: Apparent system settings locale tab locked (need verification working for me with Enable locale -> Enable locale)
Solution: Unknown, but still should rewrite...

Problem: Flash player is not installed in 32 RV
Solution: install flash-plugin / update-flashplugin

Problem: Shutdown text is not displayed
Solution:
BitJam wrote:I think this is only a problem on RD (systemd). I have no solution ATM.

Items related
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BIG PROBLEM: Lacking info to the user on how to use stuff....
Solution: write a good howto! Can we start by making a list of topics for the howto?

Problem: New Features are not know / and not known how to use
Solution: Whats new page to go with the documentation
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Problem: fbdev driver taking primary fallback driver spot. This should be vesa.
Last edited by Dave on 05 Nov 2014, 00:09, edited 1 time in total.
male
Dave wrote:...
Problem: Cups service failing to start on RD versions
Solution: post37895.html#p37895
caprea
@male
Thank you,works here.Printer is running.

helga@antix1:~
$ inxi -Fxz
System:    Host: antix1 Kernel: 3.17.0-antix.1-amd64-smp x86_64 (64 bit gcc: 4.9.1) 
           Desktop: IceWM 1.3.8 
           Distro: antiX-14-a3-RD_x64-full Killah P 11 October 2014 
Machine:   Mobo: Gigabyte model: B85M-HD3 v: x.x
           Bios: American Megatrends v: F6 date: 01/18/2014
CPU:       Quad core Intel Core i5-4430 (-MCP-) cache: 6144 KB
           flags: (lm nx sse sse2 sse3 sse4_1 sse4_2 ssse3 vmx) bmips: 23956 
           Clock Speeds: 1: 2684 MHz 2: 3195 MHz 3: 1612 MHz 4: 2599 MHz
Graphics:  Card: Intel Xeon E3-1200 v3/4th Gen Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller
           bus-ID: 00:02.0
           Display Server: X.Org 1.16.1 drivers: intel (unloaded: fbdev,vesa)
           Resolution: 1280x1024@85.02hz
           GLX Renderer: Mesa DRI Intel Haswell Desktop
           GLX Version: 3.0 Mesa 10.3.1 Direct Rendering: Yes
Audio:     Card-1 Intel 8 Series/C220 Series High Definition Audio Controller 
           driver: snd_hda_intel bus-ID: 00:1b.0 
           Card-2 Intel Xeon E3-1200 v3/4th Gen Core Processor HD Audio Controller 
           driver: snd_hda_intel bus-ID: 00:03.0 
           Sound: ALSA v: k3.17.0-antix.1-amd64-smp
Network:   Card: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller
           driver: r8169 v: 2.3LK-NAPI port: e000 bus-ID: 02:00.0
           IF: eth0 state: down mac: <filter>
Drives:    HDD Total Size: 64.0GB (8.1% used)
           ID-1: /dev/sda model: C3000.6 size: 64.0GB
Partition: ID-1: / size: 23G used: 4.9G (23%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/sda2 
Sensors:   System Temperatures: cpu: 29.8C mobo: 27.8C 
           Fan Speeds (in rpm): cpu: N/A 
Info:      Processes: 147 Uptime: 3:33 Memory: 590.0/3836.0MB 
           Init: systemd runlevel: 5 Gcc sys: 4.9.1 
           Client: Shell (bash 4.3.301) inxi: 2.1.28 
male
@caprea,

I'm happy for you.
(dabei saß ich bei der Fehlersuche anfangs auf'm völlig falschen Pferd) __{{emoticon}}__
skidoo
FWIW, i selected bootmenu"mount=all" during this boot and found that all my HDD partitions are indeed mounted
and are immediately accessible to demo user via spacefm. During previous boots, those partitions were inaccessible via spacefm, even for sudo user.

edit:
Rebooted and set F4 boot menu back to"none" (that's the the default, right?) and the problem returns: for demo user,"is not a removable drive" errmsg displayed in spacefm.

-----------------

splash=v
after removing this from custom bootline and choosing F6 save... upon reboot, it still shows up again in the custom bootline
BitJam
Working here quite well on a Dell inspiron 11 3147:

inxi -F
System:    Host: antix1 Kernel: 3.17.0-antix.1-amd64-smp x86_64 (64 bit) Desktop: Fluxbox 1.3.5 
           Distro: antiX-14-a3-RV_x64-full Killah P 11 October 2014 
Machine:   System: Dell product: Inspiron 11 - 3147
           Mobo: Dell model: 0VWN94 v: A00 Bios: Dell v: A01 date: 05/05/2014
CPU:       Dual core Intel Celeron N2830 (-MCP-) cache: 1024 KB 
           Clock Speeds: 1: 599 MHz 2: 599 MHz
Graphics:  Card: Intel Atom Processor Z36xxx/Z37xxx Series Graphics & Display
           Display Server: X.Org 1.16.1 drivers: intel (unloaded: fbdev,vesa) Resolution: 1366x768@59.39hz
           GLX Renderer: Mesa DRI Intel Bay Trail GLX Version: 3.0 Mesa 10.2.6
Audio:     Card Intel Atom Processor Z36xxx/Z37xxx Series High Definition Audio Controller driver: snd_hda_intel 
           Sound: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture v: k3.17.0-antix.1-amd64-smp
Network:   Card-1: Qualcomm Atheros QCA9565 / AR9565 Wireless Network Adapter driver: ath9k
           IF: wlan0 state: up mac: 64:5a:04:cf:48:82
           Card-2: Atheros
           IF: N/A state: N/A speed: N/A duplex: N/A mac: N/A
Drives:    HDD Total Size: 508.1GB (1.0% used) ID-1: /dev/sda model: WDC_WD5000LPVX size: 500.1GB
           ID-2: USB /dev/sdb model: Cruzer_Fit size: 8.0GB
Sensors:   System Temperatures: cpu: 43.0C mobo: N/A 
           Fan Speeds (in rpm): cpu: N/A 
Info:      Processes: 117 Uptime: 14 min Memory: 400.2/3843.7MB Client: Shell (bash) inxi: 2.1.28 
Multi-touch touchpad works well. Touchscreen works. Wireless works. Intel graphics driver works. Screen does not auto-rotate.
Dave
Though the systemd version seems to be working ok so far, I have seen a few errors in the brief time I enjoy the startup text.
I finally took a look at journalctrl -b today and noticed the following errors and what I have done to try to solve them. This is in case there are other instances of such and the fixes need to be inplace in the default iso.

Error :
systemd-udevd[377]: failed to execute '/lib/udev/mtp-probe'
Solution:
apt-get -f install libmtp-runtime

Error:
Can't find host 0.debian.pool.ntp.org: Name or service not known (-2)
And a few identical afterward
Solution:
Unknown

Error: PAM unable to dlopen(pam_gnome_keyring.so): /lib/security/pam_gnome_keyring.so: cannot open shared object file: No Such File or Directory
PAM adding faulty module: pam_gnome_keyring.so
Solution:
apt-get -f install libpam-gnome-keyring

Error: Cannot add dependency job for unit display-manager.service, ignoring: Unit display-manager.service failed to load:*****
Solution:run
systemctl reenable slim.service

Error: Warning: nss-myhostname is not installed. Changing the local hostname might make it unresolveable. Ple******
Solution: apt-get -f install libnss-myhostname
male
Dave wrote:Error:
Can't find host 0.debian.pool.ntp.org: Name or service not known (-2)
And a few identical afterward
Solution:
Unknown
this error is btw. negligibly.
It also occurs in other systemd-distros.

Who needs so early an exact system time.
In siduction is said ntpdate is obsolete. It ranges ntp, which also removes the
could be.
I tested it in siduction. Ntp is needed for the system time.

In antiX ntpdate is not available. Nevertheless, anyone calling this service, as mentioned above, early on.
See my terminal output.

journalctl -b -p err
-- Logs begin at Fr 2014-11-14 09:47:49 CET, end at Fr 2014-11-14 09:52:21 CET. --
Nov 14 09:47:52 antix14RD kernel: CX24123: cx24123_i2c_readreg: reg=0x0 (error=-121)
Nov 14 09:47:52 antix14RD kernel: CX24123: wrong demod revision: 87
Nov 14 09:47:55 antix14RD ntpdate[603]: Can't find host 0.debian.pool.ntp.org: Name or service not known (-2)
Nov 14 09:47:55 antix14RD ntpdate[603]: Can't find host 1.debian.pool.ntp.org: Name or service not known (-2)
Nov 14 09:47:55 antix14RD ntpdate[603]: Can't find host 2.debian.pool.ntp.org: Name or service not known (-2)
Nov 14 09:47:55 antix14RD ntpdate[603]: Can't find host 3.debian.pool.ntp.org: Name or service not known (-2)
Nov 14 09:47:55 antix14RD ntpdate[603]: no servers can be used, exiting
Nov 14 09:47:57 antix14RD kernel: fbcondecor: picture dimensions mismatch
Nov 14 09:47:57 antix14RD kernel: 1280x1024 vs 1680x1050
Nov 14 09:47:59 antix14RD slim[769]: PAM unable to dlopen(pam_gnome_keyring.so):( / lib/security/ pam_gnome_keyring.so): cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Nov 14 09:47:59 antix14RD slim[769]: PAM adding faulty module: pam_gnome_keyring.so
Nov 14 09:48:01 antix14RD ntpdate[1001]: the NTP socket is in use, exiting

systemctl status ntp.service
● ntp.service - LSB: Start NTP daemon
   Loaded: loaded (/ etc/init.d/ntp)
   Active: active (running) since Fr 2014-11-14 09:48:01 CET; 19min ago
  Process: 870 ExecStart=(/ etc/init.d/ntp start) (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
   CGroup:( / system.slice/ntp.service)
           └─986 (/ usr/sbin/ntpd -p / var/run/ntpd.pid -g -c / var/lib/ntp/ntp.conf.dhcp -u 113:121)

Nov 14 09:48:01 antix14RD ntpd[986]: Listen and drop on 0 v4wildcard 0.0.0.0 UDP 123
Nov 14 09:48:01 antix14RD ntp[870]: Starting NTP server: ntpd.
Nov 14 09:48:01 antix14RD systemd[1]: Started LSB: Start NTP daemon.
Nov 14 09:48:01 antix14RD ntpd[986]: Listen and drop on 1 v6wildcard :: UDP 123
Nov 14 09:48:01 antix14RD ntpd[986]: Listen normally on 2 lo 127.0.0.1 UDP 123
Nov 14 09:48:01 antix14RD ntpd[986]: Listen normally on 3 eth0 192.168.178.45 UDP 123
Nov 14 09:48:01 antix14RD ntpd[986]: Listen normally on 4 lo ::1 UDP 123
Nov 14 09:48:01 antix14RD ntpd[986]: Listen normally on 5 eth0 fe80::222:15ff:fe2c:b991 UDP 123
Nov 14 09:48:01 antix14RD ntpd[986]: peers refreshed
Nov 14 09:48:01 antix14RD ntpd[986]: Listening on routing socket on fd #22 for interface updates

systemctl status ntpdate.service
● ntpdate.service
   Loaded: not-found (Reason: No such file or directory)
   Active: inactive (dead)
To 9:48:01 accepts ntp and everything is OK.

Nov 14 09:48:01 antix14RD ntpdate[1001]: the NTP socket is in use, exiting
Active: active (running) since Fr 2014-11-14 09:48:01 CET; 19min ago
__{{emoticon}}__