eudev upgraded to 3.2.5
palemoon version 27.7.1 now in repos for antiX-17 and antiX-16 users
Now available in antiX stretch, testing and sid repos are security fixes for the ‘meltdown’ and ‘spectre’ kernel vulnerabilities. These versions are available.
4.14.14 (64bit and 32 bit pae)
4.9.77 (64 bit, pae and non-pae-486)
Unfortunately, I have not been able to patch the 4.10-5 kernel (antiX-17 default) or the 4.4 version (antiX-16 series).
Those using antiX-17 have these options at the moment.
1. Use the 4.14.14 kernel
2. Use the 4.9.77.antix.1 kernel (This *should work the same as default 4.10.5)
4. Use a patched Debian, MX, siduction kernel
5. Do nothing (not advised).
antiX-16/16.1/16.2 users have these options.
1. Use the 4.9.77.antix.1 kernel now in jessie repo
2. Use the 4.4.109 kernel. This was built from Ubuntu 4.4.109 source
3. Use a patched Debian kernel (3.16.0-5)
4. Do nothing (not advised)
antiX-13/13.2/13.2 users have these options.
1. Use a patched Debian kernel (3.2.0-5)
2. Do nothing (not advised)
For more information on ‘spectre’ and ‘meltdown’ have a read of this
Keep in mind that there are not yet kernel patches available anywhere for all spectre variants and it may be some time before there are.
edited on 18 January 2018 to show latest versions – anticapitalista