Our first alpha build of the upcoming antiX-19 release, based on Debian Buster.
Get the iso from here
Changes from antiX-17:
* connman replaces wicd and is default. ceni still included.
This means a faster boot with only a slight increase in RAM.
The connman gui is included in the startup file, but not enabled (to keep RAM usage down).
* More up to date look via a ‘new’ icon them (numix-bevel plus additions).
* Still using the 4.9 kernel. 4.19 and 5.0 kernel versions easily installable.
* live grub rescue options (thanks to fehlix)
* Time-saver installer (thanks to AK-47)
* chroot-rescue added (thanks to BitJam)
“These programs are meant to supplement the fehlix live rescue system. The main thing is these allow you to get into a system even if its initrd.img is broken. It also let’s you get into multiple systems without rebooting”.
* Various rox-filer right-click additions
* screenlight included (thanks to SamK)
* virtualbox-guest apps 6.0.6-dfsg-1
* synaptic without zenity dependency
* gksu and gexec included/updated (thanks to skidoo)
* persistence sizes increased and the persist menu F5 now includes p_static_root and f_static_root (thanks BitJam)
Please test and give feedback.
Post bugs here: Bugzilla
* conky flashes when running IceWM (annoying)
* antiX-gui-cli.sh: line 71 error (harmless) when setting up persistence/remastering
* Once installed, resolv.conf warning (harmless)