All new isos are bug-fix/upgrades/improvements of antiX-19 sysvinit/runit series.
No need to download if using antiX-19(.x).
antiX-19.3 (Manolis Glezos) is based on Debian Buster and is fully systemd-free.
As usual we offer the following systemd-free flavours for both 32 and 64 bit architecture, running sysvinit or runit.
antiX-full (c1.2GB) – 4 windows managers – IceWM (default), fluxbox, jwm and herbstluftwm plus full libreoffice suite.
antiX-base (c770MB no longer fits on a cd) – 4 windows managers – IceWM (default), fluxbox, jwm and herbstluftwm.
antiX-core (c470MB) – no X, cli-installer without UEFI support nor encryption, but should support most wireless.
antiX-net (c170MB)- no X, cli-installer without UEFI support nor encryption. Just enough to get you connected (wired) and ready to build.
The 32 bit versions use a non-pae kernel.
This series has put on some weight mainly due to the kernel supporting old and new hardware and the inclusion of more firmware (full, base and core editions).
* antiX wifi switch – tool to choose which wifi manager to use. Default is connman, ceni available.
* Improved and updated localisation
* mps-youtube includes another fix for apt_key bug
* A newer 4.9.235 kernel
* firefox-esr (78.3.0esr)
* libreoffice 188.8.131.52
* IceWM upgraded to latest upstream version (1.8.3)
* latest firmware backported from Debian sid.
* various upstream Debian security upgrades
* If you want to use the iso-snapshot application, you must upgrade both iso-snapshot-antix and iso-template-antix to latest versions (0.3.20 and 19.14 repectively)
See here for full list of what’s included on antiX-19 series.
anticapitalista, 16 October 2020, Thessaloniki
Added: I have also updated the Debian sid based net and core versions (sysvinit and runit, 32 and 64 arch). These images ship with a 5.8.7 kernel.