antiX-17 (Heather Heyer) released
* Based on Debian 9.2 (stretch)
* eudev instead of udev
* Light on resources
* Install to harddrive,
* Set up and run live from an encrypted stick with persistence and remaster
* Frugal install on a partition.
* Option to run bleeding edge Debian Testing (buster) or sid.
The choice is yours!
The most extensive live usb on the planet!
antiX comes in 4 flavours for both 32 and 64 bit processors.
antiX-full (c800MB) -4 windows managers – IceWM (default), fluxbox, jwm and herbstluftwm plus full libreoffice suite.
antiX-base (c620MB) -4 windows managers – IceWM (default), fluxbox, jwm and herbstluftwm.
antiX-core (c310MB) – no X, but should support most wireless.
antiX-net (c150MB) – no X. Just enough to get you connected (wired) and ready to build.
So what is included?
* Based on Debian Stretch, but without systemd and libsystemd0.
* eudev 3.2-4 replaces udev
* Customised 4.10.5 kernel with fbcondecor splash
* libreoffice 5.2.7-1
* firefox-esr 52.4.0esr
* claws-mail 3.14.1-3+b1
* systemd-free cups for printing
* xmms -for audio
* gnome-mpv – for playing video
* smtube – play youtube videos without a using a browser
* streamlight-antix – stream videos with very low RAM usage.
* evince 3.22.1-3 – pdf reader
* adobe-flashplugin 20170808.1
File managers and desktop:
Convert your video and audio files with:
Connect to the net with:
* ceni – default
* wicd – turned off by default. Use F4 at the live boot menu and choose wicd to turn it on.
* gnome-ppp – if you are still on dial-up
* Midnight Commander
Tools for remastering and creating snapshots of installed system:
* remaster tools
* codecs installer
* ddm-mx – install nvidia drivers
* hexchat – gui chat
* luckybackup – excellent backup tool. There’s nothing lucky about it!
* simple-scan – for scanning documents
* transmission-gtk – torrent downloader
* wingrid-antix – turn the stacking window managers into tilers.
* xf86-video-sis-antix – added since it is not in Debian jessie
* Xfburn for burning cd/dvd
* connectshares-antix for network shares
* droopy-antix – an easy way to transfer files over the net.
* mirage – image viewer
* package-installer – install applications easily and safely
* antiX Control Centre – an easy way to do just about anything!
* streamtuner2 – listen to streaming radio
* cherrytree – note taking application
Why not try out our included ‘cli’ apps:
* Editors: nano and vim
* Newsreader: newsbeuter
* Chat: irssi
* Audio player: mocp
* Radio: pmrp
* Video player: mpv
* Youtube video: mps-youtube
* Audio ripper: abcde
* Torrent: rtorrent
* Cd burner: cdw
* Writer: Wordgrinder
* cli-aptiX – command line synaptics
* live-kernel-updater – update kernel when running live
* lxkeymap – gui to set system localisation
* fskbsetting – gui to set live localisation
* backlight-brightness – usefull tool for laptops
* antiX-cli-cc – command line control centre
Cool in-house antiX apps available in the repos:
* 1-to-1-voice-antix – Voice chat between two pcs via encrypted mumble
* 1-to-1-assistance-antix – Remote access help application
* ssh-conduit – Remote resouces via an ssh encypted connection
”Great ”’LiveUSB”’ features:”
o fast boot times without systemd
o auto-customizable bootloaders (legacy and uefi)
o easy persistence and easy frugal installs
o remasters and respins
o legacy and 32-bit uefi and 64-bit uefi
o encrypted live usb
If you want Debian without systemd, give antiX a try. It works great on old boxes and the latest and greatest.
Many thanks to all who worked, tested, promoted and helped antiX.
* Translators at antiX Launchpad
* rokytnji, masinick, dark-D, rust collector, eugen-b, skidoo, peregrine, jdmeaux1952, spaceman, jerry, fatmac, balloon, chrispop99, Shay, kmathern, Paul and others I may have forgotten for testing, contributing to antiX and promoting antiX as widely as possible.
* SamK for unplugdrive.sh, JWM conguration files, droopy, Connectshares, streamlight, wingrid, ssh-conduit, 1-to-1_assistance, 1-1_voice.
* Adrian for many MX Linux tools that we de-branded for use on antiX such as iso-snapshot, bootrepair, broadcom-manager, codecs, packageinstaller (which replaces meta-package installer)
* SliTaz for mountbox.
* Maato for volumeicon http://softwarebakery.com/maato/volumeicon.html
* Michael Deelwater for burniso.
* email@example.com for ps_initrd.sh.
* tradetaxfree for zram script.
* P@draigBrady.com for ps_mem.py.
* hakerdefo for pmrp
* kexolino for the wallpaper Wooden as well as Consuming_the_light_side and pier
* linux-bbq for cool scripts (discover them)!
* angband devs for some systemd-free debs
not forgetting, of course,
* antiX Community
* MX Linux Community
* Debian team and volunteers.
* All software developers.
and all users, testers, suggesters, torrent seeders and friends at antiX and MX Linux forums.
and many more…
anticapitalista, 25 October 2017, Thessaloniki.