OU812
I like to install:

1. vlc - I really like the integrated shoutcast browser, the way it handles movie files and discs, and I love the stream info.
2. gmusicbrowser - I like the album art, but I love browsing my collection with a tabbed interface.
3. opera - I love the way it handles bookmarks and transfers. I love the speed, too.
4. lxdvdshrink - My favorite dvd backup app.
5. dgen/tkdgen, vice, stella, znes, roxmame - I love the old-school arcade games.
6. supertux, maelstrom, circus linux, xgalaga - I love the reinterpretation of these gems.
7. gnomad2 - For my creative zen mp3 players.
8. the gimp - I'm trying to learn how to create icewm themes.
9. jre - I need it for a download app for my music service.
10. easy tag - Some of the stuff I download isn't tagged to my liking.
11. audacity - To record my old tapes and vinyl.

I probably install more, but that's all I can think of/remember for right now.

john
eriefisher
Apart from XFCE I usually install gthumb. It's great for albums, quick edit/conversion and viewing. Another one is system-config-printer. It great for installing printers, better than gnomeprinter or what ever it's called.

And others.
mariel77
I install kompozer, gimp, some of open office, and rutilt. And since eriefisher got me hooked on wbar, I'll always add it too now.
I think I also still need to install fuse and fusesmb; they may have come in antiX though. Oh, and I also install everything needed for an hp all-in-one printer.
masinick
I install a few editors and browsers, and otherwise leave things alone. I also cut down the number of locales activated so that when the locale package gets updated, I do not have to have fifteen locales rebuilt.

Typically, the minimum applications that I add are:

1. Seamonkey/Iceape - I prefer the classic Internet suite to the separate Firefox browser and Thunderbird Email components. Iceape has additional integrated tools - Composer, Calendar, IM, that also come in handy from time to time, though browsing and Email are the main reasons I use this large, but functional suite. I find it takes up fewer resources than Firefox and Thunderbird both running at the same time.

2. GNU Emacs - once regarded as a giant, Emacs takes up less room than the Internet Suite or individual browser. It takes 2-3 seconds to invoke the first time, but once started, can remain up as long as the system is running. Emacs is a text editor, file manager, Email client, News Reader, Documentation reader, entertainment and medical center (Ask the Doctor). GNU Emacs has its detractors because it is a huge application and it uses aging metaphors, but it has been able to morph itself many times over the years and I still find it useful - even as an ordinary editor. Vi-Emacs wars aside, I can make it look like either one so that is most handy.
JawsThemeSwimming428
mariel77 wrote:I install kompozer, gimp, some of open office, and rutilt. And since eriefisher got me hooked on wbar, I'll always add it too now.
I think I also still need to install fuse and fusesmb; they may have come in antiX though. Oh, and I also install everything needed for an hp all-in-one printer.
With the exception of kompozer I usually install everything you do! Sometimes I will add vlc because I like its simplicity.
impuwat
1. The first thing to be added is the foxmarks extension to iceweasel. Gotta have all my bookmarks loaded up and ready. Then Flashblock to keep iceweasel from eating up all my memory on extended sessions. I also add several other extensions to the browser.
2. Gimp and Inkscape
3. Thunar
4. OpenOffice...just Writer and Calc...mainly calc for spreadsheets for work and personal finance.
5. Opera
rich_c
Another Opera installer here! Also, I installed OpenOffice but then replaced it with OOo from the Mepis 8 repo as an experiment. Worked fine!
plvera
I finally have my system (using antix-8) as close to perfection as possible (heh, at least until I try smxi again __{{emoticon}}__ )

1. Open Office - Writer, Calc, Impress, Draw : for work
(I did a full install but should probably delete Base; Math)
2. R - Statistical software package: for work
(in my opinion, best statistical software available)
3. Bibus - Bibliographic package: for work
(allows for inserting references and informatting bibliographies in Open office)
4. Gimp - for work
5. SCIM Chinese input - to allow input of chinese characters (for learning chinese)
6. Mnenosyne - Flash card program I use for learning chinese
7. J-pilot - to sync/access my palm pilot files: for work
8. Gnomad2 - for my creative zen player
(I wish it would also play the files and I would prefer that to having to transfer files;
I think Amarok does, but I found Amarok to be buggy under Ubuntu, haven't tried in
Antix)

I wanted to try Opera but it's not in synaptic and haven't found a reliable way to install it. The website download link does not seem to work for me. Any suggestions would be appreciated since I find iceweasel to be a bit sluggish, although it seems to work well.

Pedro
dark-D
pidgin the current version from debian experimental because 2.4.3 has some bugs that annoy me and linuxdcpp to make p2p with my metropolitan area when i don't find something on the torrents.
tim.strup
I install first pcmanfm in antiX-base, because I donĀ“t like rox.

Also impotant are
opera
vlc
kompozer
thunderbird
lxdvdshrink
ibdvdcss2
localepurge
pidgin OTR
exiv2
enigmail
tor
torbutton
privoxy
truecrypt
macchanger
unison
tuxguitar
yamipod
rokytnji
Codecs like win32 and libdvdcss2. I prefer to just improve my iceweasel install by installing Smart bookmarks and Download them all, plus No scripts and Fast Dial.

I like Braserio Burner but am giving Stock Anti Cd Burner a go first.

Also Acpi tools and such for Making Conky workable as a battery moniter.

A few games Like mahjong and Chromium.
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Whenever I install antiX-base, I then add

* xmms
* pcmanfm (if rox isn't picking up usb devices properly0
* gnomebaker burner
* sylpheed-claws email client
* mplayer for video
* w32codecs, libdvdcss2,
* rxvt-unicode terminal
* Xarchive for (un)compressing files
* Abiword
* Torcs car racing game
OU812
A vote for lxdvdshrink! That's cool! I also really like the companion app gdvdshrink (as in gtk2) for backing up a single title.

john
nero
'Can't seem to do without Pan (in tab mode for newsgroups, text or binary, allows full screen viewing)
Kazehakase (fastest browser ON MY EQUIPMENT)
Xfce (if Fluxbox not available)
xgammon (a backgammon game that cheats so badly it's hard to beat now matter how
well you know the game).
xfe (the most versatile file manager IN MY OPINION).
theZoid
Always Kompozer and Exaile (music manager)
All MM codecs
an appropriate dock these days, depending on WM....FluxBox it's Wbar
OO0
Evolution (just because I can now convert my outlook contacts directly with OutPort
========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"http://outport.sourceforge.net/doc.php"
linktext was:"http://outport.sourceforge.net/doc.php"
====================================
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false