jbander
When I try to open xfburn I get a error message that says"failed to unmount'boot dev' drive can not be used for burning" I hit it a few times , never know how many and it finally moves to this error message"Failed to initialize gstreamer transcoder: An error occurred setting gstreamer up for transcoding
(falling back to basic implementation)" but after this is pushed xfburn will finally open. Any help will be appreciated
dolphin_oracle
I feel like we've answered this before but I can't find it. you may need to install the gstreamer-plugins0.10 for xfburn. I'm not sure they are on the 16.2 iso.
jbander
dolphin_oracle wrote:I feel like we've answered this before but I can't find it. you may need to install the gstreamer-plugins0.10 for xfburn. I'm not sure they are on the 16.2 iso.
. Your right we have been here before and the answers didn't crack the nut. Your answer is probably it , I dumped Gstreamer and couldn't re install it again. Pulled it from Synaptic and it totally disappeared from there. Sudo apt-get install gstreamer says it can't find it. Went right to it's download page and can't open and install
dolphin_oracle
if you are using jessie repos, its: gstreamer0.10-plugins-ugly, gstreamer0.10-plugins-good, and gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad

if stretch repos, should be gstreamer1.0-plugins-ugly gstreamer1.0-plugins-good gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad, as long as the xfburn is also from stretch repos.
greyowl
I was having the same problem.
I installed the above items which you recommended.
Now, xburn opens without the error message.
Problem solved.
Thanks for the help.
jbander
greyowl wrote:I was having the same problem.
Problem solved.
Thanks for the help.
Where
jbander wrote:
Wow it is 74 megs, I'll live with the error message
dolphin_oracle
jbander wrote:
Problem solved.
Thanks for the help.
Where
jbander wrote:
cdw is a good burner app, and its included in antix by default. just run"cdw" from a terminal.
jbander
dolphin_oracle wrote:
jbander wrote:
Problem solved.
Thanks for the help.
Where
jbander wrote:
cdw is a good burner app, and its included in antix by default. just run"cdw" from a terminal.
That's where I'm at. I ran it twice yesterday and with a little wrestling I made it work. Thanks a lot Dolphin
greyowl
Please give me instructions on how to access cdw form the terminal.
dolphin_oracle
greyowl wrote:Please give me instructions on how to access cdw form the terminal.

1. open terminal

2. type"cdw" and hit enter.

assuming its installed, that's it.
greyowl
thank you
jbander
How about a partition manager. Fdisk would work but I thought I saw a fdisk command that gave a more complete view of the hard drive. anyone.
dolphin_oracle
you mean like gparted? that one is included on the base and full isos.
BitJam
jbander wrote:How about a partition manager. Fdisk would work but I thought I saw a fdisk command that gave a more complete view of the hard drive. anyone.
Dolphin_oracle's suggestion of gparted is excellent. If you want something command line based I suggest cfdisk.
jbander
BitJam wrote:
jbander wrote:How about a partition manager. Fdisk would work but I thought I saw a fdisk command that gave a more complete view of the hard drive. anyone.
Dolphin_oracle's suggestion of gparted is excellent. If you want something command line based I suggest cfdisk.
Yup cfdisk is what I'm looking for, thank you