Rebel
I just re-installed Antix (again) and instead of setting the repositories to"stable""testing" or"sid" I decided to set them for"squeeze". Squeeze is the upcoming release of Debian. That way it will not be a"rolling" release....at the same time it will be a bit more spicy than Lenny or stable. I'll keep ya posted. So far no problems. Oh....I un-checked the Mepis repository too since it would be considered as stable.
dark-D
Lenny is the new stable, Squeeze is testing. And antix comes with testing repos by default. Just to clarify.
eriefisher
Squeeze is just an alias for testing. It will point to the same place as testing.
banshee
as said i use the lenny/stable repos. As you say the default installation is squeeze/testing.
How is that getting handled? Its kind of a downgrade or not? I wouldn`t have thought much on it but:
I get those boot-messages" ***will be ignored in future-release***".
Is one of that a problem when running lenny? I don`t think so, just asking. Or is it"better" running squeeze?

Or would the proper way be changing the repos to lenny before installing.
eriefisher
eriefisher
Which branch you run is entirely up to you. As for the boot messages, ignore them.
secipolla
The difference (between Lenny and Testing) are the software versions. You may have newer versions in testing but it can happen things like the IceWM version in testing that doesn't work with antiX's themes.
Keeping with Lenny repos will be the most problem free and you can install a newer version of a specific software that you find you need eventually.
Rebel
Yep you guys were right. I tried to upgrade Abiword using only"testing" aka"squeeze" and could not do it. Then I checked the Mepis and stable repositories as well as"squeeze". Set synaptic to use the highest"version". That worked. Ahhh live and learn. Back later.
Rebel
Correction....I went back and set the repositories to"stable" and"Mepis", then it worked correctly. __{{emoticon}}__