greyowl
reverseDog wrote:I wonder if you maybe unpacked Master PDF Editor into a wrong subdirectory of /opt, in which case the path wouldn't correspond with the Exec command in the .desktop file. The correct subdirectory for MPE should be /opt/master-pdf-editor-4, whereas above you mentioned /opt/masterpdfeditor4 (without dashes).
Thanks for the help. It works now. I have the app in my list of Applications under Office and Graphics.

Here was the problem. I had it set up like this: /opt/master-pdf-editor-4.2.70_qt5.amd64/master-pdf-editor-4
I copied the folder /master-pdf-editor-4 which contains the program so it is directly under /opt and now it works fine.
Do you suppose it would be OK to remove the folder /master-pdf-editor-4.2.70_qt5.amd64?

Thanks again.
reverseDog
greyowl wrote:Do you suppose it would be OK to remove the folder /master-pdf-editor-4.2.70_qt5.amd64?
Yes, it is absolutely OK to delete the old folder /opt/master-pdf-editor-4.2.70_qt5.amd64, now that all the files MPE needs to do its job are in the correct folder. (And if, against all expectations, MPE should stop working, you could still recreate the old folder and copy the subfolder /master-pdf-editor-4 back.)

Glad you got it working at last.