topic title: siduxing antiX
anticapitalista
Site Admin
This is my sources.list on the main box I use.

Code: Select all

deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ unstable main contrib non-free
deb http://www.debian-multimedia.org unstable main
deb http://sidux.com/debian/ sid main contrib non-free firmware fix.main fix.contrib fix.non-free

The last one is if you use sidux sources.
masinick
If you go with Sid repositories enabled (that is, uncommented), then you can COMMENT out the Stable, Testing, and Security repositories. I think you said it the other way around. Hopefully THIS is what you meant, though, otherwise you may misunderstand how it works. Sid has the most current stuff. Actually, you can leave the other stuff uncommented, but Sid will supersede it unless you do not, for some reason, install the most current software or you explicitly specify which repository you are using. Perhaps that is a good way to go. However, if you overrun the buffer size for the repositories, then comment out the ones you are not using (eg, for Sid, just use Sid repositories, nothing else except for Multimedia or other non free stuff you have added in).

If any part of this is unclear, let me rephrase it until it is clear, OK?
dark-D
i did spell it wrong __{{emoticon}}__ ups. thank you masinick. i'll edit the post and correct the grammar.
i'm allready using sid-sidux for some weeks now and i noticed that of all the repos the update takes packages only from unstable, sidux and multimedia unstable and that's why i was asking what can i #comment out.
masinick
There ya go, you got it! __{{emoticon}}__

Have you had much chance to play with the combo of Sid enabled plus the use of smxi? It puts another face on antiX and shows the great versatility we have in it. Do try using smxi if you have not already done so. If you are reluctant about using menu based console tools, you may change your mind about that once you can get the very latest cutting edge software and discover that it actually WORKS... coupled with the fact that antiX is small and light... then add in cutting edge... yeah, it"be da thang!" or to say it straight, its great!
dark-D
i love smxi!!! i used it to install the nvidia driver in 7.5 test 1,worked like a charm. also i like the fact that it checks for version differences between packages and i don't have the surprise to have some packages remove by apt-get. also like the kernel option, clean up , all of it __{{emoticon}}__ . those are my first posts on antix, since then i have broken antix from every corner and hole and modified all the gui and menus and much more. the cli part of linux it's a little hard for me because i don't remember commands so well. had trouble in ms-dos and the first time i tried linux(redhat i think it was) that set me away from it __{{emoticon}}__ . but now it's all better. antix it's perfect for me: small, compact, easy to use __{{emoticon}}__ still a n00b but i'm learning.