eric52
I like ghost-gray icons that are"seen but not hard."
eugen-b
eric52 wrote:I like ghost-gray icons that are"seen but not hard."
Do these have PNG icons? Preferably 32x32. The funny thing (existentialism says hello) is that I became less picky about icons when I encountered the limitations of Openbox and especially Fluxbox. Some good-looking themes simply won't work. So, I'm trying to appreciate what each artists of a theme which works was trying to express.
eric52
eric52
I meant the Manjaro's maia iconset you showed. That B&W look is soft and not in your face but still very visible.
eugen-b
eric52 wrote:I meant the Manjaro's maia iconset you showed. That B&W look is soft and not in your face but still very visible.
You mean nouveGnomeGray from my post Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:32 pm ?
Because maia icons are on the first post.
eric52
Aha! No wonder I can't find them. I picked it up from the post subject line. Thanks. I like the gray look.
eugen-b

This time I"uglified" JWM.
eugen-b
Here comes the new antiX-16-alpha1 with some tweaks applied

I will attach my configs a little bit later. The most interesting trick was that I found out that masalla icon theme works with antiX JWM version if you delete all the scalable folders. Then the menu update won't use svg icons, but will find the right png icons.

Vertical panel works, but the tasklist doesn't work properly, pictures representing open windows stay there even after the windows get closed or the workspace switched.
eugen-b
I ran apt-get dist-upgrade on antiX-16a1 to testing repos and am quite impressed.
The difference between xorg version is quite remarkable. The new JWM version seems to have flat decorations by default, so you would need to add decorations="gradient" if you want the previous look. The new gtk3 might be also adding to the beauty.

For some reason I got systemd installed, it is not running the init but one process is active systemd-logind. Don't know yet if when I find the time to remove it.
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Nice!

But doesn't the jwm in testing break all the themes in antiX? I think the same happens with icewm as well.
For example, that theme in your screenshot should have black not blue highlight menu. All the highlight menus are blue in all themes.
eugen-b
anticapitalista wrote:Nice!
But doesn't the jwm in testing break all the themes in antiX? I think the same happens with icewm as well.
For example, that theme in your screenshot should have black not blue highlight menu. All the highlight menus are blue in all themes.
Yeah, that's what I was writing about. I guess, it would be repaired by the tag <WindowStyle decorations="gradient">, for example. But I like the new default <WindowStyle decorations="flat">.
The systemd thing got repaired by forcing the versions of xserver and polkit from"nosystemd" antiX repo. Is there a list of all"nosystemd" packages? I would rather downgrade them one by one instead of getting back to the btrfs snapshot.

Edit: No, I remembered wrong. It is decorations="motif" or decorations="flat" and flat is default,"motif" makes some ugly border and does not enable gradient. I like flat better anyway.
anticapitalista
Site Admin
<WindowStyle decorations="gradient"> doesn't repair them
eugen-b
I probably found out what repairs them. See man jwm, you will see that tags like <ActiveForeground>, <Title>, <Text> are no more supported. It is now so, that default in each style define inactive and <Active> tag is to make an active element different. Here is a repair ob the theme black

Code: Select all

<WindowStyle decorations="flat"> 
    <Font>Comfortaa-13</Font> 
    <Width>4</Width 
    <Height>24</Height>
    <Corner>1</Corner> 
    <Foreground>#ffffff</Foreground>
    <Background>:#000000</Background>
    <Outline>#000000</Outline>
    <Opacity>0.97</Opacity>
    <Active> 
        <Foreground>#000000</Foreground>
        <Background>#ffffff:#dce2f2</Background>
        <Outline>#000000</Outline>
        <Opacity>1.0</Opacity>
    </Active>
</WindowStyle>
This way colour gradients work. Other style elements will follow. Edit: the theme file for the adjusted theme black is attached.
And what I experienced on the screenshot was probably defined by some kind of default fallback theme.
eugen-b
I upgraded antiX-16a1 to testing (nosystemd), got Xorg-1.18, new roxterm needs --geometry=760x460 argument otherwise it interprets width and height in chars and lines as if it was in pixels. This should be considered for the commands in Control Centre (how can I edit them?). I lost sound and wasn't able to repair (following antiX and other wikis) other than installing pulseaudio. I also installed LXDE and LXDM to have a working gvfs. I also needed to install policykit-1 in order to have a working lxpolkit. Thanks for having all this in the testing nosystemd repo!

I edited compton.conf to have the line
opacity-rule = [ ...
"70:class_g = 'lxpanel'",
..."];
so the lxpanel gets real transparency.
eugen-b

advertising antiX on Manjaro forum __{{emoticon}}__