dolphin_oracle
rjm65 wrote:No luck on the panel i see no options to get it on the bottom just top or left are my choices and nothing in there to change it to a classic menu like win 98..... __{{emoticon}}__
You're right, its non-obvious!

Right click on panel, select panel>panel preferences.

In the dialog box that opens, in Mode select Horizontal from the drop down list. It will probably put your taskbar to the top.

Now uncheck"lock taskbar" and a handle will appear on the taskbar. Drag at the handle to where ever you want the taskbar.
dolphin_oracle
rjm65 wrote:ok i found a major bug so I guess i am going to uninstall it since this qupzilla refuses to play a youtube video it just blows up instead...
this is the reason I am scrambling to find a distro that works playing youtube videos cause all of them are crashing lately and nobody has an answer..... since 3 days ago after updates youtube videos went out on mint peppermint ubuntu and now also mx14.... it's a great little distro but on these old machines I have to go with ubuntu based distros that look like windows or people are lost when I give it to them to use....
the youtube thing in qupzilla is being fixed. Go into the preferences and find"click to play". I forget where the setting is actually located, and uncheck or disable it.

Incidentaly, I'm having no trouble whatsoever with youtube in antix or mx.
rjm65
dolphin_oracle wrote:
rjm65 wrote:ok i found a major bug so I guess i am going to uninstall it since this qupzilla refuses to play a youtube video it just blows up instead...
this is the reason I am scrambling to find a distro that works playing youtube videos cause all of them are crashing lately and nobody has an answer..... since 3 days ago after updates youtube videos went out on mint peppermint ubuntu and now also mx14.... it's a great little distro but on these old machines I have to go with ubuntu based distros that look like windows or people are lost when I give it to them to use....
the youtube thing in qupzilla is being fixed. Go into the preferences and find"click to play". I forget where the setting is actually located, and uncheck or disable it.

Incidentaly, I'm having no trouble whatsoever with youtube in antix or mx.

thanks dolphin but I removed it already, as i said earlier I am scrambling to find a working distro... I have over a dozen xp laptops sitting here to be redone with linux and I have done nothing this week cause of this snag with youtube and the fact that all the laptops I already did are coming back.... I do a lot of work for a lot of people and I am trying to come up with a stable replacement for XP on machines that won't run vista or windows 7 due to lack of ram or just to slow in processor speed and these people just won't give up and buy a newer system.... shit I bought a t60 ibm on ebay the other day for 19.99 and 15.00 shipping those suckers run mint cinnamon like lightning.... but then again a t60 is 2.0ghz dual core with 4 gigs ram.... LOL... i love my t60's I own i have 5 of them now.... __{{emoticon}}__
rokytnji
Aint broke it yet

Code: Select all

$ inxi -Fxz
System:    Host: biker Kernel: 3.13.3-antix.1-486-smp i686 (32 bit, gcc: 4.8.2) 
           Desktop: Xfce 4.10.2 (Gtk 2.24.10) Distro: MX-14_13.98_386-xfce beta2 30 January 2014
Machine:   System: IBM product: 679421U
           Mobo: IBM model: IBM Bios: IBM version: 20KT46AUS date: 06/04/2004
CPU:       Single core Intel Pentium 4 CPU (-UP-) cache: 256 KB flags: (pae sse sse2) bmips: 3588.26 clocked at 1794.130 MHz 
Graphics:  Card: NVIDIA NV6 [Vanta/Vanta LT] bus-ID: 01:00.0 
           X.Org: 1.12.4 drivers: nouveau (unloaded: fbdev,vesa) Resolution: 1024x768@85.0hz 
           GLX Renderer: Mesa DRI nv05 x86/MMX/SSE2 GLX Version: 1.2 Mesa 8.0.5 Direct Rendering: Yes
Audio:     Card: Intel 82801BA/BAM AC'97 Audio Controller driver: snd_intel8x0 ports: 1c00 1840 bus-ID: 00:1f.5 
           Sound: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture ver: k3.13.3-antix.1-486-smp
Network:   Card-1: Intel 82801BA/BAM/CA/CAM Ethernet Controller driver: e100 ver: 3.5.24-k2-NAPI port: 2000 bus-ID: 02:08.0
           IF: eth0 state: down mac: <filter>
           Card-2: Realtek RTL8187B Wireless 802.11g 54Mbps Network Adapter usb-ID: 001-002
           IF: N/A state: N/A mac: N/A
Drives:    HDD Total Size: 200.1GB (0.2% used) 1: id: /dev/sda model: ST3160215ACE size: 160.0GB 
           2: id: /dev/sdb model: IC35L040AVVA07 size: 40.0GB 
Partition: ID: / size: 11G used: 3.0G (32%) fs: ext4 ID: /home size: 27G used: 328M (2%) fs: ext4 
           ID: swap-1 size: 1.17GB used: 0.00GB (0%) fs: swap 
Sensors:   System Temperatures: cpu: 31.0C mobo: N/A 
           Fan Speeds (in rpm): cpu: N/A 
Info:      Processes: 117 Uptime: 9 min Memory: 271.7/1132.6MB Runlevel: 5 
           Gcc sys: 4.7.2 Client: Shell (bash 4.2.37) inxi: 1.9.18 
jdmeaux1952
@roky -- Babes and bikes go together. But dude, that one looks like a dog.
tradetaxfree
The only thing I'd like to see is a 64 bit version & the Debian Installer on the ISO (so LVM & encrypted partitions are a little simpler to setup). As it's based on Debian Stable it's very well suited to being a Virtualbox Guest (less disk fragmentation) - & seamless mode is fantastic on a Windows box. I use it with LXC as a development environment for Alpine Linux.
Neil
Is there a torrent or wget link for this? I've tried to download three times from sourceforge, and the download has stopped a little more than half way through each time.
rokytnji
Copy the sourceforge link and use wget in terminal.
That is how I do it.
Neil
Thanks for pointing my in the right direction....did just that, and completed the download.
bbwf
Well I gave it a spin,

I like it.

My wired etho restarts automagically without a hitch..... nice

I got to set up my HP deskjet Printer.... That was lousy in all versions

Changed my Spark plugs to run Sid

Nice

Thank You
bbwf
Reading the man for : apsfilter

I just can't get into giving the keys to the house to a cups server

========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"http://apsfilter.org/tips.html"
linktext was:"http://apsfilter.org/tips.html"
====================================

As we all know from reading the handbook, aps2file gives us the great opportunity to use"user managed" apsfilterrc configuration files without the usual security risks involved. This is because in this case apsfilter is executed by a user program (AbiWord or Mozilla, etc) with the corresponding user permissions - and not root or daemon permissions.
dogbert0360
I'm running Antix MX-14 beta 2 and am loving it.

I do agree that there needs to be a software installer ( App manager ) other than synaptic. Perhaps something like the one in Lubuntu and I would like to see a dedicated update manager.

Other than that great work guys!
bbwf
FOR rlm65

I found a youtube work around ( 90% not the newer videos )

open synaptic and install: browser-plugin-vlc
install iceweasel

open up iceweasel
Tools - Addons

Select plugins

Activate the vlc plugin

deactivate the other flash stuff

This works fine in youtube

not so good at a flash test page
bbwf
Here's something I found at"Otter Browser" website:

Hello
Is this crash triggered by any URL?
Is this 32 or 64 architecture (sometimes it matters __{{emoticon}}__ )?

You can start by checking out if the same happens with simple browser from Qt examples (examples/webkitwidgets/browser/), it might be more generic issue in QtWebKit itself (like Flash related crash on 32 bit PLD, happening in all QtWebKit based browsers...).
If not then I would need backtrace, could be obtained using debug mode of QtCreator.
bbwf
Say,
how do I log out of X, into a black screen with the command prompt,

I tried several old school ways - not taking

I wish to update the system without x running

Thanks