worktowork
Posts 0
worktowork
Dear ,
I am testing Debian dog jwm... , but I hope to return to antix .Please understand me I have installed antix base 13.2 and I can`t open my ntfs partition.Why? MX 14rc is better than antix 13.2 , but weight not for my pc. In debian dog jwm I easily open my ntfs partition and another.I hope please be my friend(s).
rust collector
Just asking, do you have ntfs-3g installed in 13.2? it is ntfs file system support...

So, how do you like d-dog? I used to like puppy, a long time ago, but later versions do not agree with me, lol
dolphin_oracle
you can open ntfs partitions by default in antiX 13.2 (my data partition is ntfs). but it isn't very intuitive on the mounting if using spacefm or rox. I set up an entry in fstab for the partition, and all is good.

here is an example of my entry in fstab. the auto parameter means it gets mounted at boot.

UUID=E01EC8171EC7E51E /media/sda6 ntfs-3g auto,users,noexec,uid=1000,gid=users,dmask=002,fmask=113,relatime 0 0

you can also use a partition label instead of the UUID. for instance, LABEL=datapart
worktowork
Posts 0
worktowork
rust collector wrote:Just asking, do you have ntfs-3g installed in 13.2? it is ntfs file system support...

So, how do you like d-dog? I used to like puppy, a long time ago, but later versions do not agree with me, lol
Why am I in debian dog , I don`t understand , but d-dog work quickly.Of course , I want to work with antix, but debian-dog philosophy( I true understand? keywords : portable linux , portable soft , linux free from hardware and frugal installation ...
@dolphin_oracle , I forgot your instruction about fstab... UUID... , this tips and tricks must be in antix installation image .iso
skidoo
I'm guessing the 13.2 policy is preventing automount of drives, period, and it's just coincidental that worktowork's inaccessible drive is NTFS.

@worktowork
try this:
open rox-filer. Browse to /media/sda1
If the drive isn't automounted when you click the sda1, try right-clicking and use the context menu command to mount.

dolphin, you recently posted a tip about changing the spacefm config. That tip might be applicable here.

I don't recall which bootmenu (F4?) options were available in 13.2, but the 'no automount' behavior worktowork is describing
sounds familiar. That may have been the default behavior (which would have suited me; I wouldn't have reported it as a 'bug')
dolphin_oracle
dolphin, you recently posted a tip about changing the spacefm config. That tip might be applicable here.
I think this is the one you are thinking of?
the defaults aren't different, however I have the same issue. udevil IS installed however by default spacefm uses pmount instead. this was the same in antix 13.2 . Open up the mount and unmount command settings and delete the pmount command. spacefm will now use udevil to do the mounting and umounting. this is how I have my antix 13.2 installed version configured and I've done the same on antix-14-a3
worktowork
Posts 0
worktowork
Debian dog isn`t antix.
dolphin_oracle
worktowork wrote:Debian dog isn`t antix.
quite true...and its not quite debian either. debiandog runs as root all the time. if you use a root spacefm window, ntfs drives will mount just fine in antiX. or as I say, edit fstab so that your user can access the drive.

all kinds of things are interesting in a puppy-based OS, with the root account active all the time.
worktowork
Posts 0
worktowork
I like this solution build-your-own-t4438.html and tip from anticapitalista.
Dear ,
Please help me with solve my technical problem.
1.System must load and boot very quick , how permit my PC.
Information when installed MX14RC with upgrade.
inxi -F
System: Host: mx1 Kernel: 3.12-0.bpo.1-486 i686 (32 bit)
Desktop: Xfce 4.10.2 Distro: MX-14 Symbiosis 27 March 2014
Machine: Mobo: N/A model: SiS-661 Bios: Phoenix v: 6.00 PG date: 02/26/2005
CPU: Single core Intel Celeron (-UP-) cache: 256 KB
speed: 2940 MHz (max)
Graphics: Card: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] 661/741/760 PCI/AGP or 662/761Gx PCIE VGA Display Adapter
Display Server: X.Org 1.12.4 drivers: sis (unloaded: fbdev,vesa)
Resolution: 1024x768@85.0hz
GLX Renderer: Gallium 0.4 on llvmpipe (LLVM 0x209)
GLX Version: 2.1 Mesa 8.0.5
Audio: Card Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] SiS7012 AC'97 Sound Controller
driver: snd_intel8x0
Sound: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture v: k3.12-0.bpo.1-486
Network: Card: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] SiS900 PCI Fast Ethernet
driver: sis900
IF: eth0 state: unknown speed: 100 Mbps duplex: full
mac: my mac adress
Drives: HDD Total Size: 200.1GB (17.0% used)
ID-1: /dev/sda model: WDC_WD1200JB size: 120.0GB
ID-2: /dev/sdb model: WDC_WD800BB size: 80.0GB
Partition: ID-1: / size: 72G used: 30G (44%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/sdb1
ID-2: swap-1 size: 2.17GB used: 0.01GB (0%) fs: swap dev: /dev/sdb2
Sensors: System Temperatures: cpu: 55.0C mobo: N/A
Fan Speeds (in rpm): cpu: N/A
Info: Processes: 101 Uptime: 1:29 Memory: 298.1/469.4MB
Client: Shell (bash) inxi: 2.2.15
I am choosing antix with jwm.
2.Upgrading system.
When I install with traditional full install , I can`t downgrade . I can`t remember every update and upgrade , so persistence my thought will be better.
worktowork
Posts 0
worktowork
continue
skidoo
Dear Yoda,

"System must load and boot very quick , how permit my PC" is not a technical question.

You are jumping around, talking about debiandog, about antix, about MX, about JWM... and (?)"djvu... in debian dog open quickly", and xerox phaser printer...
worktowork
Posts 0
worktowork
skidoo wrote:Dear Yoda,

"System must load and boot very quick , how permit my PC" is not a technical question.

You are jumping around, talking about debiandog, about antix, about MX, about JWM... and (?)"djvu... in debian dog open quickly", and xerox phaser printer...
@skidoo , I don`t know another linux distributive which will work quick load , quick boot.I stop in debian dog and antix.I have tried slitaz 4 stable and also cooking quick , but I can`t connect to internet and I had problem with booting after full installation.
@skidoo , how many seconds (minutes) is standard (normal) for booting : antix (with jwm) , and loading : qupzilla , libreoffice , gimp , printing , loading djvu and pdf ?
skidoo
rust collector wrote:So, how do you like d-dog?

========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"http://www.smokey01.com/saintless/DebianDog/"
linktext was:"http://www.smokey01.com/saintless/DebianDog/"
====================================
DebianDog-Wheezy-openbox_xfce.iso
login: puppy // puppy, or root // root

It's a mindbender. Fred achieved exactly the result he proposed. It's a working debian system (dpkg, apt, synaptic) providing
transitional puppy users with a desktop menu that is chock full of"puppy" applications (pmount, pmusic, etc.)

It doesn't contain the lightest combination of DE components (xfce4-panel + openbox + lxappearance) and I would have chosen
lxterminal or rox-term rather than xfce4-terminal... but for current puppy users I think it's a good (and good looking), usable result.
Persistence isn't automatic and (IMO) compared to antixX, is difficult to (wade through the instructions to) setup.
worktowork
Posts 0
worktowork
@skidoo , Do you understand my wish and purpose ? I am testing debian dog jwm, but I want to return to antix with jwm and qupzilla (new version).
Last edited by Guest on 15 Nov 2014, 17:02, edited 1 time in total.
skidoo
I stop in debian dog and antix
Pick ONE. I think there must be no"and".
which will work quick load , quick boot
. . .
how many seconds (minutes) is standard (normal) for booting
Who knows? Who Cares? Who can guess?
Okay, I understand that YOU care... but you are inviting us to GUESS how long the boot process will take, on YOUR hardware.
Does debiandog boot in 20 seconds (for you)? Does antiX (which version?) take 40 seconds to boot (for you)?
For me, I honestly don't know -- never bothered to time and compare bootup speeds -- and honestly don't care.
how many seconds (minutes) is standard (normal) for booting : antix (with jwm) , and loading : qupzilla , libreoffice , gimp , printing , loading djvu and pdf ?
I hope you would understand that the result depends on whether you are you booting from CD (and you are using"toram" option, or are not),
how much RAM is on your system (else opening libreoffice may spill over into swapfile) along with additional variables which are impossible to"guess".

What were you using previously?
If your poorly-supported printer and network card were working in that O/S,
isn't it silly to chase your tail hoping to find a"faster booting" O/S (but printer doesn't work, no network connection...)