rokytnji
Sometimes software will not overcome hardware limitations. No matter how much you beg and squeal.
One has to live in the real world and deal with limitations.

@worktowork. If hardware and funds are finite and limited. Bite the bullet and live with the pain.
skidoo, I, and others cannot bail you out of your situation.

Debian Dog queries belong in the Debian Dog section of Murga Forums. Like I pointed out to you
earlier. I do not run Debian Dog. So I cannot answer any questions or comments.
Skidoo has gone out of his way to see what you are at least talking about.

You should thank him. Not badger him with more requests.
At least in my neighborhood. That is how things work.

Talk to saintless. He is a neighbor of yours (Bulgaria). I am sure he can help you with Debian dog.
I am real close to locking this thread because I see it going no where.
skidoo
worktoworktoworktowork,
I love you but your open-ended, bottomless pit questions have exhausted my patience.

How to make linux server station with MX14 or antix ?
how-to-make-linux-server-station-with-mx14-or-antix-t5195.html

Why we have many linux`s distributions ?
why-we-have-many-linux-s-distributions-t5119.html

========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"antix.freeforu ms.org/may-you-live-without-pc-and-another-electronical-gadget-t5336.html"
linktext was:"antix.freeforu ms.org/may-you-liv ... t5336.html"
====================================

May you live without PC and another electronical gadget? When I see to young people and my children , and for myself ,
I saw the great interest to these.It is not a good.I want to see trees and water , pure ecology.Do you understand me ?
Agree !!!
Now, settle. Pick ONE O/S. Get it working then don't fiddle with it further.
Don't peek behind the curtain, don't compare it to slitaz.
Then you can spend more time enjoying the trees and water... as it should be !
thriftee
If i might throw in a thought relative to what version of antiX will run fast on a machine like yours...

I noticed it looks like you don't have much memory, maybe 512 mb. If you are limited to 512 mb, I think you should be trying to get antiX 13.2 working, as its faster and doesn't need as much memory as MX 14.

You might also find that antiX 13.2 works quite well with ICEwm.

I also think you should try to choose one system and get it working right. If your networking works correctly with antiX 13.2, all you need to do is get the ntfs partition to mount from the sounds of it.
thriftee
Just for grins, I tried downloading and installing the newest Qupzilla form their website, and doing that under jwm under antiX 13.2, and got the ntfs partition to automatically mount by modifying the fstab file as suggested above.

No, I didn't try the other programs asked for, but I suspect Qupzilla was the biggest obstacle, and no I don't have a printer like that, so can't attempt that.

I did that on my old 996 mhz Pentium III m 512 mb 2001 Dell Inspiron 8100 laptop, and it boots from Grub to Login in 57 seconds.
worktowork
Posts 0
worktowork
I installed antix base 13.2 , I can install only english rox-fluxbox (terminology from live boot menu) .Another combination russian and rox- jwm , then live , then click install from desktop or menu (in russian ) can`t install.Please tell about fstab what I must write and where for mounting ntfs and vfat partition.
rokytnji
Please tell about fstab what I must write and where for mounting ntfs and vfat partition.
Ok. Look through
========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTRkAa6x1htVoyKvMjX8DDQkBJ5YSfVrt"
linktext was:"https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... kBJ5YSfVrt"
====================================

No need for writing fstab in 13.2 that I know off. Just mount in spacefm.

Also. What F key combinations on AntiX live boot screen menu did you use before installing?
dolphin_oracle
base only has fluxbox, correct? jwm and icewm not installed if I remember correctly.
thriftee
On my machine, I have the full 13.2 version installed. I don't know anything about what languages are there, but on the antiX boot screen, if you press F2 you can select a language. IceWM and JWM are both there with SpaceFM as a filer option at the antiX login screen by pressing F1 repeatedly until it gets to the window manager and filer combination desired. I like the IceWM /SpaceFM combination best and the documentation says the languages are supported with Fluxbox and IceWM.

When I tried to mount the NFS partition by clicking it in spacefm, I got an error. But if I mount it using the root option, it does work. I think I would need to do this again anytime I rebooted the system.

If I wanted the NFS partition to mount automatically, I had to go edit the fstab file and on the 2 lines for that partition I changed the word"noauto" to"auto", saved the file, and then rebooted, and then it mounted automatically.

PS: I never knew Dolphin's videos were there. I watched a few just now and they are quite good. I'm a relative newbie compared to most of the others replying here, so be extra careful if you try to use my advice.
Last edited by thriftee on 19 Nov 2014, 14:39, edited 1 time in total.
fatmac
Just for info: 13.1 Base has Fluxbox, JWM, & WMii included.
male
worktowork wrote:Please tell about fstab what I must write and where for mounting ntfs and vfat partition.
fstab
Example of vat:

Code: Select all

/dev/sda6 /media/DATEN vfat auto,users,gid=users,dmask=002,fmask=113,relatime 0 0
Example for nfs:

/dev/sda5 /media/Musik ntfs uid=1000,umask=0022 0 0
The mount points DATA and MUSIC must be created before!

mkdir /media/DATEN
__{{emoticon}}__