Dave
Hello, I have been working on remastering the antix 8.5 iso file to add my favorite programs, basically make it the same as my desktop so i can hand a copy to my friends. I have already gave them the original but they would like it to be the same as my desktop. I seem to have almost all of what I need set up, but I cannot find the taskbar default settings file. I am running with LXDE and require to edit this file so that when I run the iso in live cd format it will set the taskbar to be at the top of the page rather then the bottom. If anyone knows where this would be it would be appreciated.

PS. If you need or want to obtain what I have so far I will place the file on my server for download.
Last edited by Dave on 29 Aug 2010, 18:19, edited 1 time in total.
anticapitalista
Site Admin
I guess it will be in /etc/skel/.local/share (You will probably have to create the folder) , but I'm not sure.

When you have your remaster ready, post some screenshots so others can see, and if you like, make it available for others to try out.
Dave
Will do have to make 2 more changes. hopefully that is the spot will see, then I still need to change the login options to make LXDE defualt. Will post a link here later this weekend to download it from my server. thanks for the help
secipolla

28 Aug 2010, 22:38 #4

If you're talking about the config file for the LXDE taskbar (LXPanel) that sets its position, it's at /home/user/.config/lxpanel/LXDE/panels/panel
Dave
Thanks for your suggestion secipolla but there is no user folder in the home directory when remastering an iso any other sugestions, i am trying what anti said once the disk finishes burning
secipolla
Copy everything you want from your home folder (here ~/.config/lxpanel/LXDE/panels/panel) to /etc/skel

That will be /etc/skel/.config/lxpanel/LXDE/panels/panel
secipolla
Of course you'll have to copy from your installed system (maybe there's an option for that during remastering, before creating the ISO).
Dave
Ok did a bit more editing, I just copied over the lxpanel folder just as secipolla said as well as others in my existing config files to /etc/skel. So here is what I have so far, download at
( daveserver.dyndns-web.com/my_linux_computer )
I think the menu and stuff could use some more editing/tweaking and other than that a cleanup to make it fit on a cd
Last edited by Dave on 23 Jul 2011, 21:25, edited 1 time in total.
secipolla
Looks neat, Dave. If you're keeping SLiM login manager with its default /etc/slim.conf from antiX, then it points to ~/.xinitrc to choose the window manager/desktop environment to load.
To set LXDE as the default, edit ~/xinitrc (in the remaster will be /etc/skel/.xinitrc) and change XINITRC_DEFAULT="icewm-session" for XINITRC_DEFAULT="startlxde".
Dave
thanks I have already done that before your post, but I loaded that iso file before I did the final changes. any way here I have now loaded the final version, if you have any other suggestions I would like to hear them, can maybe make it better.
secipolla
Dave, I tried the live-CD and have a little feedback for you:
- The"Adjust sound" button on the Control Center didn't do anything (image below).
Obs.: you can use
========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"http://oliwer.net/b/volwheel.html"
linktext was:"Volwheel"
====================================
to have a nice volume icon in the panel. That's what I use with LXDE (set it to autostart in /etc/xdg/lxsession/LXDE/autostart).
- wbar had decorations and wasn't in all desktops. I guess you missed copying some config file for it but it can be fixed also by adding

Code: Select all

<application name="wbar"
              class="wbar"
    <decor>no</decor>
    <desktop>all</desktop>
    <skip_taskbar>yes</skip_taskbar>
  </application>
in the proper section of /etc/skel/.config/openbox/lxde-rc.xml
-"Terminal" is showing over the Control Center icon in wbar and"Control Center" is showing over the exit icon (see images below).
continue...
secipolla
...continuing
- /usr/share/applications/htop.desktop must be fixed:

Code: Select all

[Desktop Entry]
Version=1.0
Name=Htop
Type=Application
Comment=Show System Processes
Terminal=true
Exec=htop
Icon=htop
Categories=ConsoleOnly;System;
GenericName=Process Viewer
and then at least here in the live-cd it needed lxterminal to open (wouldn't open with xterm) so the advanced panel preferences should be changed replacing x-terminal-emulator for lxterminal (see image below).
- It's better if you put your scripts in /usr/local/bin instead of /usr/bin so it's easier to locate them. I tried to find where was your custom antixcc but couldn't find it.
- The panel was in the bottom here. There was /home/demo/.config/lxpanel/LXDE but it should be /home/demo/.config/lxpanel/LXDE/panels/panel

All in all it looks good and seems to be working very well.
secipolla
Just saying that I booted it today and wbar loaded properly now (without window decorations and in all desktop).
Must be some confusion with a lot of things starting almost at the same time. Yesterday I was greeted with that message that I had opened an application with root privileges (that should have been wicd) and today it probably didn't have time to check that I had those privileges already and it asked me the password (both times running live).
Dave
Yes I know that wbar is having window loading problems, i do not know how to solve this. Currently I have made a separate script in /usr/bin called lxdestart.sh this runs the play startup music function as well as open wbar, conky and background settings. I played with the timing in there but I found that with differing drive speeds and if WICD needs to configure the network interfaces there is no hitting the right time all the time. This problem is solved when antix is installed.

As for the wbar icon problem, thank you for raising that it is now fixed, as well as the htop.desktop file, and the adjust sound in the control center ( I accidentally typed aumix instead of gamix). As far as the panel preferences, I have yet to figure out how to change the terminal option to lxterminal. I am trying to remove xterm and roxterm to see if it will default over.

thanks for your feed back, I am doing a system cleanup to try to get it on a cd, then will be posting the update.
secipolla
To have lxterminal as the default terminal in LXDE, open PCManFM, go to Edit>Preferences>Advanced and change x-terminal-emulator to lxterminal.