Dave
Yes but how would you change that to be that way as default on live cd, as soon as it loads. Also after clean up and deleting files that are no longer required the size of the iso grew? looking into it now to see if there is a trash / temp section that I missed. Also thinking about the default terminal maybe the config file for it is in .config pcmanfm. I will check this, was always looking in lxde settings.
secipolla
~/.config/libfm/libfm.conf
Dave
Thanks secipolla, I put that in the /etc/skel/ folder should work. Looked at the temp folders ant they are empty. Not sure how to get it to fit to a cd I think i am stuck on a dvd or usb boot.
secipolla
I think you could run

Code: Select all

dpkg-reconfigure locales
choose only en_US then install localepurge, choose only en, en_US and en_US-UTF.8 and run

Code: Select all

localepurge
So you remove all non-English (US) locale files. Also check in /usr/share/antiX and/or /usr/local/share/antiX and remove the other localization files (translations) if you like.

(not sure if it will be enough to fit in a CD - GIMP, OpenOffice ..)
Dave
Yeah I was thinking of those files but I did not want to I know it is because of large applications like gimp and open office, what gets me confused then is why it fits on a cd with ubuntu or fedora, they run the same type of apps?
Dave
running off of live usb all seems to be working wbar fixed, pcmanfm terminal fixed, timing fixed? ( to my computer ), and htop fixed, and sound ajustment fixed.
secipolla
I think Ubuntu downloads localizations on-the-fly during install time. Also they may use a better compression format.
Dave
OK will look into that though I don't think I will do something like that, to much to just avoid a dvd for me __{{emoticon}}__
anticapitalista
Site Admin
You could remove the documents in /usr/share/docs
Don't forget to clear out the debs with apt-get clean.
Also remove the files in /var/lib/apt/lists , the .bin files in var/cache/apt , the -old files /var/cache/debconf and /var/lib/dpkg

When unmounting /proc and /sys, make sure they do unmount otherwise file size grows.
secipolla
Just check carefully what you remove from /usr/share/doc/. You won't want to remove help files for GIMP, OpenOffice and other useful ones (there are the default Debian docs that may have nothing useful for normal people though).
Dave
Alright will be doing that thank you, secipolla will keep an eye out for the help files. One question though how do I tell if /proc and /sys unmount when using the remaster.sh script?
anticapitalista
Site Admin
There should be a message like /proc could not unmount pr something.
Dave
OK then it is always unmounting, have never seen a message like that. Hopefully never will