Bryn_J
Hi,

Ive created a 2GB SD card using antix2usb but when i boot i get"Cant find Antix filesystem" after a couple of lines that say"looking for antix/antix"....

Any suggestions?.

Thanks
Bryn (whose hdd has died and is suffering really badly!!!)
secipolla
You may have to copy the main system file from the stick to the hard drive. See plop-boot-manager-usb-1-1-antix-m8-5-procedure-for-install-t2647.html , in your case you don't need the boot floppy but the rest may apply.
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Post your /boot/grub/menu.lst

You may simply need to add rootdelay=20 to the menu.lst kernel line.
Bryn_J
hey anticapitalista....

I found that and did it already __{{emoticon}}__ .... But here it is anyway....
default 0
timeout 10
color cyan/blue white/blue
foreground ffffff
background 003f7d
gfxmenu /boot/grub/message

## ISO boot
title antiX-M8.5-686 (LiveUSB)
kernel /boot/vmlinuz nosplash drvr=vesa rootdelay=20 fromhd=UUID=89d8e749-d777-474b-a928-dd84e21f6ca6 fromiso=antiX-M8.5-686.iso aufs vga=788 rootfs=UUID=a7aa5cb5-df2b-44bf-8f03-62a1a5651abc homefs=UUID=a7aa5cb5-df2b-44bf-8f03-62a1a5651abc
initrd /boot/initrd.gz

title antiX-memtest (test system memory)
kernel /boot/memtest
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Try nodma cheatcode.
Bryn_J
Grrrr i've replied to this twice and my posts have just....."disappeared!!!"

Tried nodma and it disables DMA on the all but dead HDD....

The full messages i get (ish sorry i made then notes this afternoon and have been waiting for a reply.... theyre not that clear now! ill retest if you want...)

Total memory available xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx (I didnt note the figures)
Found iso
Accessing antiX/antiX cdrom at /isosrc/antiX-M8.5 (full iso name)
Looking for antiX/antiX on /isosrc/antiX-M8.5.... (rest of path covered up)
Looking for antiX/antiX on /cdrom/abtiX-M8.5.....(rest of path covered up)

Then i get something along the lines of 'cannot find antiX filesystem dropping to limited shell'.

An ls of isosrc confirms it contains the antiX iso.....

Any ideas?.

If you have 5 mins you can contact me offline on msn - bryn@computerpunk.org or GMail chat - bryn.jones1@gmail.com (i can get to these from my phone and we can try and suss this out then post the answers back here.... just a thought....)
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Hmm, can that card boot on another computer?
Bryn_J
Ahhhh there is a bug in the forum eating my replies i'm not going insane!.....

I haven't got another PC that'll boot off SD..... I have used the same card to boot puppy linux though....
secipolla
Bryn_J, if you have another card or usb stick that you can use do as in the link I posted earlier. There's no need to be a System Rescue CD, Puppy and any other that has Gparted can do it (Partimage etc.).
You'll create a partition in the HD, put the antix filesystem there and when you boot from your antix2usb install it should find the filesystem in the HD and then you go from there.
Bryn_J
Hey secipolla,

Sorry another case of my replies being eaten!!!..... I tried something similar to that earlier today, I increased the size of the OS partition and copied over the antiX directory from the live USB i'm booting off at the moment to the root (bear in mind the HDD is dead).... Still no joy...

Make sense?

Cheers
Bryn
rokytnji
I am wondering if Bryan is screwing up like I did
Roky - it isn't your fault. You'll have to use antiX2usb-gui from livecd or liveusb or fromiso as grub-common in an updated installed antiX breaks the installer
Just wondering.

========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"antix.freeforu ms.org/my-new-asus-eeepc-701sd-t2606.html"
linktext was:"antix.freeforu ms.org/my-new-asus ... t2606.html"
====================================
Bryn_J
Nope i did that (i'm running on antiX off a USB stick creating the SD card using antix2usb....)

What i do wonder from this is"as grub-common in an updated installed antiX breaks the installer" uhhhh is that saying that antix2usb is broken in 8.5?....

Cheers
Bryn
(not Bryan..... honest!)
secipolla
Bryn_J wrote:Hey secipolla,

Sorry another case of my replies being eaten!!!..... I tried something similar to that earlier today, I increased the size of the OS partition and copied over the antiX directory from the live USB i'm booting off at the moment to the root (bear in mind the HDD is dead).... Still no joy...

Make sense?

Cheers
Bryn
Oh, then it won't apply. I didn't notice your HD was non-functioning.
Bryn_J wrote:Nope i did that (i'm running on antiX off a USB stick creating the SD card using antix2usb....)

What i do wonder from this is"as grub-common in an updated installed antiX breaks the installer" uhhhh is that saying that antix2usb is broken in 8.5?....

Cheers
Bryn
(not Bryan..... honest!)
What I get from that is that you wouldn't be able to use antix2usb from an updated antiX installation. But you already used it successfully to install to the flash drive. The problem here is making it boot.
It also doesn't boot from usb 1.1 ports but there's a workaroud for that. Instead of using antix2usb to install it to the stick or card, you install it"manually" as described at post14753.html#p14753
If you can do that, I think you could overcome the"can't find antiX filesystem" message and succeed.
Bryn_J
Actually i used Unetbootin on my Ubuntu box to make the USB stick but I'll take a look at your link and let you know
Bryn_J
Hmmm that looks close to what I was considering apart from this -

"6. use your plop floppy to but the usb key."

OK first what the heck does"but your USB key" mean???? and secondly i threw out my last floppy drive 2 years ago!... So that's a no!....