topic title: bye
nadir
Posts 0
nadir
I am out.
Someone had the urge to delete a couple of posts.
male
What is going on here?
I ask for an explanation.

nadir's not Anybody.
Dave
male wrote:What is going on here?

nadir's not Anybody.
Agreed!
Very interested to know why are we leaving?
rokytnji
Ask nadir. I deleted off topic posts and insults and rants and locked the thread.
Other members here also had their posts edited and or deleted.

Nobody told nadir to leave. Nobody warned him. It was not his thread.

nadir's not Anybody.
That does not give him/her a right to hijack threads and insult other members.
One can run away any time they want.
I don't care one way or the other.

That is all I am going to say. Other members views can differ from mine.
skidoo
The posts regarding a couple points of disagreement in a particular thread had turned dark (joking, then jibing, then mean-spirited).
During the cleanup, some of my posts were edited and/or deleted also.
The intervention didn't offend me. In fact, I agree -- the cleanup was a wise decision.
male
Thanks guys for the clarification.
It is a pity. __{{emoticon}}__
fatmac
Sounds like we have a good mod, well done Roky. I too dislike people who slag other people off online, so if that was the reason, good on yer, you have my support.
ajpat3
I know little. Say less. Watched it go down. Was dumfounded.
Roky did right.
Arthur
AntiX+
KrunchTime
I'm not familiar with what went on, but I disagree with editing other user's posts. If a thread is getting out of hand, close the thread, but editing another's post is just flat out wrong in my opinion. Another option is to give warnings to users who violate forum etiquette: three violations of the same offense, ban them from the forums.
skidoo
^---- BAN HIM !!!

I'm familiar with what went on several months ago, and I disagree with you picking scabs by dredging up old threads just for the sake of injecting opinion.
If shampoo is getting out of hand, cap the bottle, but editing another's wife is just flat out hilarious in my opinion.
Another option is to give free consolations to users who violate potty etiquette: three violations of the same wench, ban them from the lifeboat.

;-p
jdmeaux1952
Going from joking to jibing to being mean is like saying she's a biker babe then saying she rides a Honda. You gotta know what is going on to understand.

I'ld rather push a Harley than ride a Honda. But give me an Indian and I'll tame the West. And don't give me none of that motoguzzi. They put the engine in the wrong way.
KrunchTime
@skidoo: I wouldn't have posted an opinion except for the fact that mention was made of editing another user's post. I still strongly disagree the editing of other's posts. Another option would be to correct what a user said in your own post.
male
Where is this actually the button below to ignore this bored CrunchBang user?
skidoo
ima just joking. See stick-out-tongue smilie in earler post.
Opinions are like kittens ~~ they're all pink on the inside.

@male
From visiting other forums, I recognize this"bored cruncher" (and Sparky-er) & look forward to his/her continued participation here.

ps: You don't have an ignore button, because I stoeled it.
I also stoeled half your megahurtz, and you didn't even notice Muhahaha

mizpa
KrunchTime wrote:I'm not familiar with what went on, but I disagree with editing other user's posts. If a thread is getting out of hand, close the thread, but editing another's post is just flat out wrong in my opinion. Another option is to give warnings to users who violate forum etiquette: three violations of the same offense, ban them from the forums.
I, too was not around when all this took place, but with being a mod on another forum, I can understand and agree that it is sometimes necessary to edit/delete offensive posts, and as a moderator you have to do just that - usually mods converse amongst themselves before banning, but editing/deleting is a must, if you are going to maintain any semblance of order and/or civility on a forum. To leave it there would be a violation of the forum rules (against flaming, etc.) and encourage others to whine when they are corrected (he did it, why can't I???). Good job rokytnji __{{emoticon}}__ __{{emoticon}}__
Just my 2 centavos ......