topic title: bye
dark-D
why are you beating a dead horse? nadir and skidoo started arguing on a thread of silent observer and one of the moderators found it fit to edit/delete some posts that were inflammatory. nadir was upset because of that, he took his toys and left. this is the thread, looking-for-a-successor-to-mepis-11-t5202.html
KrunchTime
male wrote:Where is this actually the button below to ignore this bored CrunchBang user?
Friends and Foes option under User Control Panel?
skidoo wrote: look forward to his/her continued participation here.
That's the right attitude. Thank you. And I'm a"he" by the way. __{{emoticon}}__
skidoo
I'm thinking back to my earliest post to this forum. I tried to make a good entrance by posting something helpful (reminded me of KT mentioning bleachbit).
Whatever I posted, the reply was a bit dismissive, like the person felt it necessary to"trump" whatever I had mentioned/suggested.
Ah, that was easy. Search found the thread right away: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3580
I also recognize that my initial posts were chock full of"a better way" suggestions. As new guys, we're compelled to lift a leg mark everything we see, eh?
Hopefully KT recognizes that I wasn't posting to trump him; I was just excited to maybe meet another clean freak with whom I could swap notes.

KT, in other thread you begged an updated"core" version. I suspect you don't realize what you're asking for (and that you would find"base" more suitable).
BTW, I similarly disagree with many of the chosen pre-installed apps (and that's what motivated my"lengthy" inspect-and-cleanup regimen),
but I've learned to respect the thoughtful consideration behind the chosen apps. Anyhow, with antix2usb or antixsnapshot+unetbootin, creating a
"perfect for me(you)" respin only takes a few minutes. Literally, a few minutes -- less than an hour, including package download/installation. Incredible. Wonderful!

If a discussion thread in this forum manages to stay on subject for 3 posts in a row... mark it on the calendar?
KrunchTime
skidoo wrote:As new guys, we're compelled to lift a leg mark everything we see, eh?
__{{emoticon}}__
skidoo wrote:Hopefully KT recognizes that I wasn't posting to trump him; I was just excited to maybe meet another clean freak with whom I could swap notes.
Hey, it wouldn't bother me if you did. If you have a better way of doing something, that's an opportunity to learn. __{{emoticon}}__
dark-D
skidoo wrote:As new guys, we're compelled to lift a leg mark everything we see, eh?
__{{emoticon}}__
skidoo wrote:I'm thinking back to my earliest post to this forum. I tried to make a good entrance by posting something helpful (reminded me of KT mentioning bleachbit).
Whatever I posted, the reply was a bit dismissive, like the person felt it necessary to"trump" whatever I had mentioned/suggested.
post away. sometime people disagree with each other, that doesn't mean your opinion is invalid.
i rather enjoyed your rant on firefox from the pale moon thread, you shouldn't have removed it.