TonyVanDam
DeepDayze wrote:Looks like Xorg in Sid now has libsystemd0 as a dependency thus pulling in systemd...
I saw THAT^ during my last update. Good thing I've already had endev installed weeks beforehand. I purge libsystemd0 without any problem. It's looks like Xorg works without anything systemd related packages.

For my old desktop, this makes the second time within 2 months that libsystemd0 has tried to creep on me.
anticapitalista
Site Admin
rsyslog also pulls in libsystemd0
and so does rpcbind (needed for connectshares).

More and more apps in Debian are becoming infested.
TonyVanDam
anticapitalista wrote:rsyslog also pulls in libsystemd0
and so does rpcbind (needed for connectshares).

More and more apps in Debian are becoming infested.
Well that sucks! __{{emoticon}}__

At least MX-15 on my laptop is going to be fine for quite a while since it's stays on Debian stable. It's my old desktop running antiX that is facing the systemd threat. I have a bad feeling that the next few d-u are going to be ugly.
DeepDayze
I do admit systemd really didn't slow down my old Thinkpad T42 all that much as resource usage wasn't as much as feared. But I do hate to see systemd taking over more and more functions that are normally handled by the kernel itself. We do need choice and Debian should be listening...there should be more packages built without any systemd dependencies.
wildstar84
Originally my only pbm w/systemd was that I had bad experiences w/it at work keeping processes that were 'posed to restart automatically on reboot due to getting it configured right, it seems really complicated to configure w/tons of config files, symlinks and new commands (I learnt Unix in the '90s so I was already familar w/sysvinit). I was almost ready to just roll w/it until I started seeing it trying to FORCE itself on us Micro$oft/Borg style and that raised my hackles enough to actually seek to avoid it! __{{emoticon}}__