topic title: Battery display
JawsThemeSwimming428
I want to have something that shows me the remaining battery percentage. Is there anything to do this on the bar? I found this thread (
========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"antix.freeforu ms.org/conky-and-the-battery-t661.html#p3603"
linktext was:"antix.freeforu ms.org/conky-and-t ... html#p3603"
====================================
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false) and tried adding the lines that eriefisher did in conky after I installed acpitool and it doesn't show anything in conky. I would rather have it shown on the bar but if conky can do it that is ok as well.
harii
i use xbattbar on one of my laptops
a thin bar at the bottom - works good

conky
look in"/proc/acpi/battery" i have one laptop that it was CMB1 not BAT0
rokytnji
If you can use my conky.rc entry for battery you are welcome to it. As Hari said. Different Laptops have different Battery designations. So If it doesn't work use BAT1, etc...

I also had to install acpi and acpi tools via synaptic Package manager for this entry to work.

Code: Select all

${color red}Battery: ${color red}$acpiacadapter, ${battery_bar BAT0}
Good Luck
JawsThemeSwimming428
harii wrote:i use xbattbar on one of my laptops
a thin bar at the bottom - works good

conky
look in"/proc/acpi/battery" i have one laptop that it was CMB1 not BAT0
I just went to /proc/acpi and there is no"battery" in there. I wasn't too familiar with what I was looking at but I didn't see anything relevant. What should I do now?
JawsThemeSwimming428
I'm still having an issue with this. I'm not understanding why I don't see a battery in /proc/acpi. Anyone have any idea how to resolve this?
eriefisher
I don't show the battery there either. Things have changed, in the kernel I beleive. This is what I have in my conky now, for the battery:

${color white}Battery:
${color white}${execi 10 (acpi -b | awk '{print $3, $4}')}
${color white}${battery_bar BAT1}
JawsThemeSwimming428
eriefisher wrote:I don't show the battery there either. Things have changed, in the kernel I beleive. This is what I have in my conky now, for the battery:

${color white}Battery:
${color white}${execi 10 (acpi -b | awk '{print $3, $4}')}
${color white}${battery_bar BAT1}
erie,
I pasted your battery config for conky in my .conkyrc and it shows nothing in the battery bar (I know my battery isn't dead I'm still on it!). I also tried switching BAT1 to BAT0 and still nothing. What next?
eriefisher
What does"acpi -b" tell you when run in a terminal. It should tell you the BAT #.
JawsThemeSwimming428
eriefisher wrote:What does"acpi -b" tell you when run in a terminal. It should tell you the BAT #.
When I run that command in a terminal I get the command not found message. I checked in Synaptic and it says acpi is installed.
eriefisher
Maybe try installing acpi-tools I think it's called.
JawsThemeSwimming428
eriefisher wrote:Maybe try installing acpi-tools I think it's called.
I tried that earlier as well. When I try to install acpi-tools via apt it says it couldn't find the package. I went into Synaptic and it wasn't there either. I found this but really am not sure if it means anything relevant...

root@wantix:/home/willy# lsmod | grep battery
battery 8192 0

EDIT: I am running antiX 8.2 final, fyi
eriefisher
That would just be the a driver. Not sure what to tell you.
JawsThemeSwimming428
I'm not really coming up with too many specific enough results by Googling it. I'll continue to try but if anyone has any idea where to go with this that would be wonderful! It's hard using a laptop and not knowing how long the battery will last!
theZoid
JawsThemeSwimming428, I am duplicating your problem exactly....please post if you find something.
JawsThemeSwimming428
Glad I'm not the only one, you do the same!