the convert
Hey everybody i want to show you that even an old computer can look beautiful. __{{emoticon}}__

rokytnji
Love it when a plan comes together. Nice looking setup on Icewm there convert.
the convert
thanks! but i would like to go further with my setup,i have seen your screenshots and i like them too!
I wonder how you got conky to look like that, could you tell me how you did it? (I can't help feeling dumb asking this... __{{emoticon}}__ )
Thanks in advance!
rokytnji
Which conky? I have posted so many?
the convert
I'm sorry,the first one
rokytnji
the convert
yes that one
rokytnji
Go to this link

conky-configuration-t233.html?hilit=conky%20antix&start=30

Download my zip and extract with thunar file manager right click menu in downloads folder.

Rename old .conkyrc (hidden text file in /home) to .conkyrcbackup

Rename the text from my zip file you extracted to .conkyrc

Move it into /home. You will needto use the view tab in thunar and use view hidden files to see it.

Restart Conky from Desktop>Conky on/off

Edit .conkyrc text file to suit your hardware and AntiX 11 version.
the convert
thanks a lot! that was easier than i thought!
Here's how it looks now:

and now i can go edit it...

this is the finished result
Last edited by the convert on 15 Jul 2011, 13:47, edited 1 time in total.
the convert
here's another desktop where everything matches better with each other:

i didn't like my previous desktop anymore since it was getting too cluttered so i changed it to this.
pbachert
the convert wrote:Hey everybody i want to show you that even an old computer can look beautiful. __{{emoticon}}__

@convert:

I like dock at the bottom. Which one is it? I have been using wbar and adeskbar and I am happy with either but they are not eye-candy like yours.

Cheers
pbachert
the convert
thanks, it's cairo-dock.
you should be able to install it with synaptic.
the convert
hey everybody,
i've just made a persistent usb with the base iso and i figured i'd post how it looks.
i really like how fluxbox looks on it with the standard theme which is IMO an awesome theme. i've come to get used to fluxbox on this since i had always used icewm and i must say i quite like it! it just let's you do what you have to do and stays out of the way while looking good with that theme!
i'm still using icewm on my hard drive however with an awesome wallpaper i was pointed to by rokytnji. (thanks again man!)
i've not made much adjustments, it's all made to fit with the fluxbox theme:

i'd also like to thanks ICE-M for saying how to make conky enable/disable conky in another topic (it's really different from doing so in icewm) and also thank rokytnji again (i can't help you've helped me so much... __{{emoticon}}__ ) for giving me his conky setup since it's really beatiful and last but not least thanks to sakasa for making this wallpaper.
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Looking good, the convert. Not really connected to the screenshot, but how is persistence working out? Future releases of antiX will improve persistence and the ability to remaster from a live session.
the convert
it's working good for me as it does what i expected it to do which is quite simple:
1: let me run antix form a usb.
2: keep everything persistent so it can be used if it was installed on a hard drive.
there are some weird things during boot like it repeats a certain command for searching the iso (i don't know exactly what it said anymore since i don't pay attention to it anymore) a long time but eventually finds the iso.
this could be normal but i don't know and the boot is also slower (i would like to take the occasion to compliment you on the fast booting of antix __{{emoticon}}__ ) but this could be because of my hardware or something, again i don't know.
but other than that it's great i really enjoy using my persistent usb, good job!