url was:"http://www.mepisimo.com/antix/Test%20releases/"
linktext was:"http://www.mepisimo.com/antix/Test%20releases/"
====================================
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false

* Fixed pt_BR locale
* Included pt_BR install and network translation
* F2 at grub screen gives more language choices
* Installed grub menu different from live one
* Wallpapers in /usr/share/wallpapers copied to home/Wallpaper in live and installed version.
* Fixed up language suggestions (thanks all)
* setxkbmap ro added to set keyboard
* Tidied up fluxbox and icewm menus a little
* Modified .icewm/keys
* Added ##%users ALL=(root) NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/pcmanfm to sudoers file
* Fixed up meta-installer options and removed sidux logo.
* Included the 'old' screenshot scripts as well as the new ones. New ones are default.
* Replaced mozilla-mplayer with gecko-mediaplayer
* Apps updated to 12/06/09.

Known issues.

* bash -udevadm error message on boot only for livecd. (Affects nothing)
* icewm and icewm-common are pinned to stable version as an upgrade breaks antiX custom themes. Still working on a fix.
* gksu pop up message to save password is still not working.

Please test and post feedback here.
secipolla
Didn't test it yet, anti...ran out of cd's. Maybe I'll just run it from iso.
Actually the IceWM menus that get messed seemed to me to be any that had a 'relief' or shiny texture, as the flat ones worked ok. So the F2 option to change languages in the live-cd is working (enabled) now?
Oh my, let's start downloading...
dark-D

13 Jun 2009, 21:35 #3

i installed it using no format option. everything is just spot on!
thanks anti for the"old" screenshot script
console_cmd in slim login doesn't open anything (don't ask how i found out __{{emoticon}}__ )
great work anti and john.
rokytnji
Downloaded and installed on Pendrive with Unetbootin as a Live USB.
i installed it using no format option

On Page 3 of Mepis Installer Page. I see no option(checkbox) to install with No Format.

Not on Auto-Use entire disk (it wants to format the drive) is there a No Format Checkbox

Or in Custom (It wants to format drive as Ext3 or Reiserfs.) is there a No Format Checkbox

Am I missing something?

Other wise if it would save a screenshot. Which it says it does in Wallpaper, But when I go there,(Wallpaper file), it is not present. I figure it won't save because I am running in live mode. I would post the screenie to show what I mean.

As said before, it runs fine on this Netbook running Live. Nice Job Anti.
dark-D
rokytnji, in mepis installer there is an option"preserve data in /home (if upgrading)". i have /home in the same partition as /, if i choose this option i install antix and most of my settings remain. the only ones that don't remain are the apps i added after install(the settings remain so i apt-get them again), the themes i added and my config files (fstab,menu.lst, sources.lst)
anticapitalista
Site Admin
rokytnji,

you need to specify the type of file as well when naming it. eg wallpaper1.jpg not wallpaper1
secipolla
Anti, the 'XWindow' tab in the Control Center is a name you made up? If so, I think it could be translated ('Janela X' , 'Área X'...)
ezard
inst better to leave just as xwindow? since it is refering to the xwindow window manager?(or i got it wrong).
if is something related to janelas you can just translate too: janelas or posicionamento de janelas..
something like that.
too literally translations isnt like always the best ones..like br translation of simply mepis 7..it just sux..because of that..
secipolla wrote:Anti, the 'XWindow' tab in the Control Center is a name you made up? If so, I think it could be translated ('Janela X' , 'Área X'...)
secipolla
That's what I asked. If it means 'Janela X' or if it's a proper name ( a part of X server, maybe).
OU812
I named it x window after the tab in Vector Linux's control center (VASM). It's x window as in x server. Sorry about the confusion.

john
secipolla
Thanks for the clarification, John. I would put 'Área X' (X Area) in the pt_BR version or something alike. Maybe ezard finds a cooler name for this X tab in the Control Center. So it's still open.
secipolla
Hi. Anti, that issue I spoke about Wikipedia-English appearing twice in Iceweasel's search box happened only with it localized in English. As soon as I installed Iceweasel's pt_BR package 'Wikipedia (en)' disappeared (only 'Wikipedia (English)' remained). A site that I found very useful in that search box is 'onelook.com' (multi-dictionary search).

I'm still using test 2 since I've installed test 3 in VB. I see that .png (and maybe .jpg) came with 'open with gxine' as default. I didn't test it in test 3 but that could be changed to open with GQview by default.
OU812
I've modified the IceSoftBlue theme a little bit. I added icons from the Simplest Black theme since I noticed that both themes use the same show desktop button. I also recolored the menu highlight and active workspace buttons using the same colors as simplest black. Finally, when you push win + space you get a run dialog on the taskbar. However, in the original theme it was black on black making it unreadable. I corrected it to white on black. Here's what I have so far:

I'm using the Murrina Gonxical theme and the Elementary icon set. I just really like this setup: clean, simple, and just the right amount of eye-candy. I also really like this setup with the modified icegnome2 theme (should be included in 8.2). I'll upload to anti soon.

john
anticapitalista
Site Admin
That look really good OU812.

A question.

How/where do I set pcmanfm defaults?
At the moment mp3s open in gxine for example. I'd like to use the same defaults as rox-filer.
eriefisher
Right click>>open with>>open with other>>choose app and check"set as default".