eriefisher
ICE-M wrote:... and the custom area option i don't get it, when i press it, it saves the entire screen
Use you mouse to select an area and it will only take a shot of that area.
OU812
The idea is that you can edit the image within mtpaint.

john
secipolla
Just to mention, about the screen resolution problems: in antiX8 I was in stable version and the nvidia driver was one version older. Have to go now (in a LAN house).
secipolla
anti, there are a few translations you can add to ~/.fluxbox/menu :

Configuration=Configuração
Restart=Reiniciar
Styles=Estilos
User Styles=Estilos pessoais
Wallpaper=Tema de fundo
Panel=Painel
RoxTerminal=Terminal Rox
Workspaces=Áreas de trabalho
secipolla
In ~/.icewm/menu :
Streamtuner=Sintonizador
Avi player=Reprodutor Avi
DVD player=Reprodutor DVD
Dillo browser=Dillo
Links2 browser=Links2
Links2 nogui=Links2 modo texto
Messenger=Mensageiro
RoxPanel=Painel Rox
RoxPinboard=Lousa Rox
antiX FAQ=antiX - Perguntas frequentes
antiX How-to=antiX - Dicas
Rox Manual=Manual Rox
Fluxbox FAQ=Fluxbox - Perguntas frequentes
Fluxbox Wiki=Fluxbox - Wiki
Fuxbox Docs=Fluxbox - Docs
Arch Wiki=Wiki Arch
IceWM FAQ=IceWM - Perguntas frequentes
IceWM Manual=IceWM - Manual
In ~/.fluxbox/menu :
Dillo browser=Dillo
Links2 nogui=Links2 modo texto
Links2 browser=Links2
Messenger=Mensageiro
Stream tuner=Sintonizador
Pinboard=Lousa
FAQ=Perguntas frequentes (3 instances - antiX, Fluxbox and IceWM)
How-to=Dicas
Rox Manual=Manual Rox
Arch Wiki=Wiki Arch
secipolla
I've edited the post above: changed 'Exibidor' for 'Reprodutor' (a more widely used term).
secipolla
Pcmanfm has, under 'tools', the option to 'open the current directory as root'. It seems sudo must be configured for it to work. Maybe it's easy to do that (but I didn't search for it __{{emoticon}}__ ) or could it be tweaked to work in antiX out-of-the-box?
anticapitalista
Site Admin
As root, edit /etc/sudoers to have this line

antiX ALL=(root) NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/pcmanfm

Change antiX to your username
secipolla
I wanted the password prompt, so I put

(user) ALL=/usr/bin/pcmanfm
rokytnji
Running 8.2 on Pendrive Live on Asus EEE 900,Pentium M 1.7 ghz 1 gig ram.

It flies on this netbook so far. I ran into a roadblock though when going to install on a 8 gig SDHC external Flash Card. Formatted SDHC with Gparted to Ext 2 , flagged it as boot, labeled as /=root. Went forward to next step. Made sure I had sdc1 picked as partition to install to. Everything checked ok till I got to fie system that AntiX 8.2 wanted me to use. Only choices I had were Ext 3 and reiserfs. Nothing else was there on the list. I can't use a journalism or journal
file system on a SDHC Flash Card as I have read that it causes them to fail prematurely and these cards are not super cheap. I have installed EEEbuntu on my other SDHC card and it allowed EXT 2 file format on that install, but it is slower than AntiX . I also still run Xandros with enhanced Icewm on the internal 4 gig drive with a seperate 16 gig drive that is /Home that I wish to keep on here because everything works out of the box though Xandros is limited as hell. So If I can have my pick/druthers , I would rather go with AntiX( I dual boot using bios boot order change)Hopefully you guys can bail me out. I think I did everything right. But I have been wrong/mistaken before. Running Live right now beats the pants off of
EEEBuntu install right now.

So far I haven't tested to much in Live mode today to give ya any informed info other than
1. Wireless works right out of the box on this netbook. Just click on the moniter icon and hit connnect.
2. Volume and Sound also work right out of the box. I haven't opened aumix yet to play with settings. Just the task bar knob in icewm.
3. Screen Resolution is fine and Wallpaper is nice. Especially in Fluxbox. Conky works fine. Notice though when switching from Icewm to Fuxbox and then back again to Icewm, The wallpaper in Icewm shrinks on the right and left side of screen. Like it goes to 800x600. Change wallpaper in Control Panel and it resets. No problem with Fluxbox I see except for when I select
Full Fluxbox>Applications>System>Nitrogen that Nitrogen doesn't show anything in the window. But using Change Wallpaper in Control Panel Does in Fluxbox.
4. Iceweasel works well. Flash works. Didn't do much surfing though yet. Just came straight here.

Like I said. I haven't ran this for more than a hour maybe so all I can report on is the basics.Besides, I am just a Joe Blow Home user Linux using Biker so I make a lousy tester. But I'll do my best to help out. If I can use a non journaling fie system on here, I will go through with the install. I don't know yet where that thread in Mepis Lovers is about running this on a Asus and since it is getting late and I am bushed, I will continue on this tomorrow afternoon. I am jazzed on how well so far this release is running on this Asus Anti. KeeeewL. __{{emoticon}}__ Damn fine job it is. (now to go over this post and check my spelling. Fingers are too huge for this keyboard.

Edit: Found the thread on EEE pcs in Mepis Lovers. Most everybody is running 160 gig or 120 gig hardrives or have wiped internal 16 and 4 gig internal drive of Xandros and have formatted them as Ext 3 file system. So no help there for my particular scenario.
rokytnji
Just a little update on how well AntiX 8.2 runs on Asus eee 900.

Touchpad works great. Tap function works. So does spread finger to enlarge view in screen.

F3 and F4 works for raising and lowering Brightness.

Boot up and Shutdown are fast, fast, fast. Shutdown completes with no problems, no hangups.

These are all observations while running Live off USB Pendrive(Kingston Data Traveler). To bad it is only 2 gig. I would do a persistent on it if it was bigger.
rokytnji
Arrrgh. Last update for awhile. This is the third time I booted Live USB and now when screen comes up. Mouse is frozen. Control+Alt+Backspace to drop to console so I can reboot. Problem is Not the SDHC Flash card. Problem is with the Pendrive. I will do a reinstall on Pendrive later to see if that fixes this problem. Using Xandros to post this.

I am not a whiney ,sniveling,complaining Linux type user. When I drink free beer. I don't complain about the taste. I don't ask where it came from. I just drink it. Thank the person that gave it to me. And enjoy the brew.

If I can't figure out this file choice snag at Install. I might have to move on to something else. Would be nice to have a working AntiX Netbook though.
secipolla
I'm in an up-to-date 8.2 test 2.
I've installed LXDE through the meta-installer and all went ok. Openbox is really beautiful but seems it's more resource hungry. Also, for some reason htop didn't launch through the menu and I still have to search how to edit it (but it launched from the Terminal).
Originally, I think antiX didn't come with a default web browser configured. When I installed Opera it set itself as the system's default browser so now in LXDE it opens when the browser icon is clicked. As anti commented some days ago, Opera renders fonts not very well in some sites (without anti-aliasing) but it seems to me it renders them pretty well when using it inside LXDE. (but I didn't navigate too much)
OU812
If htop does not open from the menu, you will need to edit the file

/usr/share/applications/htop.desktop

For guidance on how to properly launch the app, look at the corresponding entry in icewm's menu file

~/.icemw/menu

john