secipolla
Anti, sorry for the IceWM and Roxterm mentions. I almost forgot I was running the live-cd. When installed (antiX-8) and with the proper locales then all works well (I'm saying that from memory since I'm not on antiX right now).
secipolla
anticapitalista wrote:Thanks for the feedback so far. All points noted and necessary changes made.

oldhoghead, that happens when /home is on a separate partition. I'm not quite sure how to fix it so that it will work for both options ie /home on same partition as root or on a separate one.

pedro, that Manage Icons really means Manage/Set Desktop Icons (idesk)
anti, if it tries to mount the missing directories (like if root is in sdc' then it tries sdc2, 3 or 4 etc.) wont it work? (no need to respond if that's a too ignorant guess).
secipolla
Addendum -

Área de trabalho>'Conky on/off' is 'Conky lig./desl.'
Área de trabalho>Alternativas>'RoxPanel on/off' is 'RoxPanel lig./desl.'
Área de trabalho>Alternativas>'RoxPinboard on/off' is 'RoxPinboard lig./desl.'
Área de trabalho>Alternativas>'Go Fluxbox' is 'Fluxbox' or 'Usar Fluxbox'
Aplicações>Tela>'Lock' is 'Bloqueio'
Aplicações>Tela>'Save' is 'Proteção'
Aplicações>Jogos>'Acção' is 'Ação'
anticapitalista
Site Admin
secipolla, thanks for all the bug-searching for language.
Some of them are problems with icewm (and fluxbox) and I cannot change them. ie the ones relating to Applications in icewm and full fluxbox.
secipolla
Of course, anti, I forgot. I've removed the hard drive that has antiX in it and forgot that the sub menus are ruled by IceWM (and Fluxbox, but I didn't use it). They were properly translated already (at least some things) when locale is set to pt_BR. It's just that the live-cd probably is coming only with European Portuguese localisation.
I'm looking forward to get an old box so I can install antiX in it.
S.
dark-D
i forgot to post earlier, i installed it on my laptop and i love every new addition to it. search monkey is very fast, great improvement. thanks anti.

edit: in fluxbox styles sleek2antix and sleek2flux is the same theme, i guess sleek2flux must be deleted.
edit2: different wallpapers, now i see the difference. __{{emoticon}}__
secipolla
Hi anti. I'm still in the live environment. If it's easy, maybe you should set Debian servers to 'br' instead of 'de' in the Brazilian localisation. With the default 'de' servers, 'apt-get update' took 30 minutes to complete (dial-up speed!), while if I changed to 'br' servers (in a new boot) it took 1 min 30 sec.
anticapitalista
Site Admin
secipolla,

I have found a way to do that for livecd. Now I'm trying to find a way to 'transfer' the livecd choices over to the installed antiX.
secipolla
Anti, this is literally a little thing: IceSoftBlue is a nice and sober theme (IceWM) but it has the ubuntu icon in the taskbar (in /usr/share/icewm/themes/IceSoftBlue/taskbar/icewm.xpm). I found it could be replaced by the one in IceClearlooks (/usr/share/icewm/themes/IceClearlooks/taskbar/linux.xpm) or for the Mepis icon (20x20).
OU812
Yes, that is a nice theme and I have used it before. It would be a nice addition to antix. However, there are some colorization problems that need to be corrected first. For example, hit [win] + [space] and you get a run command on the taskbar, but it's black on black and unreadable. If users are interested, I'll recolor these bits and upload it to anti.

john
secipolla
Hi, John. It's already in antiX and, as you can see, the taskbar is light gray. I find it a very sober theme and well finished (apart from the background colour, but that can be set with a wallpaper). Only it was ported with a ubuntu logo. I'll boot in it to test the 'win' + 'space'.
EDIT - now I see what you mean. Personally, although there are some similar themes, I would like this one too (if it's easy to fix what must be fixed).
Last edited by secipolla on 27 May 2009, 18:54, edited 1 time in total.
secipolla
Anti, since idk if I'll be able to install antiX in the hd, I recommend you keep 'Aplicativos' instead of 'Aplicações' ('Aplications' in the main menu). I'm almost sure that's how it's in the sub-menus in IceWM's Brazilian localization (and for sure in Fluxbox for I have a VirtualBox install of the base version).
Thanks for all the nice work. antiX, besides 'mean and lean' will in time have a refined and integrated finish too.
Hal343
I installed it two days ago. So far the only problem I have is trying to get my printer (Samsung ML-2010) to work. It would start to run, then quit, thinking the job was finished. I linked to the ppd file on my Ubuntu installation & now it stops the job without doing anything.
Error message"Unable to start filter"rastertospl2" - Success."
Any tips?
Hal343
I solved the printer problem by installing Mepis 8 to another partition and linking to the ppd file there. It now prints in leafpad, but crashes abiword, so I'll have see what the problem is there. Problem solved. Solution posted.
Last edited by Hal343 on 29 May 2009, 01:42, edited 1 time in total.
malanrich
Here's a preliminary report from a dial-up user.

I'm confirming what Mepis 8 users have been reporting on Mepislovers for a long time now: AntiX-M8.2-test exhibits none of the system-freeze-on-disconnect that has crippled Mepis 8 for a lot of dial-up users, making antiX the OS of choice for a lot of users lacking wireless or cable.

BTW, this test .iso is darn-near unbreakable. It took me four serial-sessions of downloading at the local library in order to get the whole file. But the whole thing burned fine and launches great. Video, audio, modem...all detected perfectly and running right off the bat.

Very nice overall design (pretty radical for me, since I'm jumping from antiX 7.5).

[Just to keep people off balance, how about a nice pedestrian name for this version? Something like...Algernon.]