mariel77

15 Jul 2009, 18:37 #16

I've been"away" for a bit, and not kept up very well. Is there going to be an upgrade script this time around? Thanks!
oldhoghead
Site Admin
mariel77,

Good to see you around, what version of antiX are you running? You can always save your settings (home) to a usb stick, and then install newest version and update your home to reflect the changes, I generally like to save my bookmarks and a few other tweaks, YMMV, I previously used a different method, then anticapitalista suggested this to me and it is the easiest way to transition to a newer release that I have tried.

cheers,
oldhoghead
drghughes
I've just tried prefinal1 using the fromiso option.

Wireless with wicd connected but only worked when I put in a DNS entry - I don't remember having to do that before, certainly not with pt1.

Still
========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"antix.freeforu ms.org/antix-m8-2-pt1-iso-available-soon-t1781-15.html#p11632"
linktext was:"no sound"
====================================
, but I was expecting that.

I couldn't find the Control Centre anywhere - is it supposed to be there?
eriefisher
I'm sure anti is already working on an upgrade script to bring in new changes.
secipolla
drghughes, the last time I tried antiX full version fromiso it was very bad (a lot of things weren't working). Could be just with me, but it's better to try from a cd or in a virtual machine.
drghughes
Thanks secipolla! When I get a chance I'll try from a CD. The fromiso is just so much easier to do.
OU812
As I was browsing the icewm preferences file for my icewm config app, I noticed these lines:

Code: Select all

#  Disable Imlib's image/pixmap caches
# DisableImlibCaches=1 # 0/1
And of course I started thinking about the recent problems debian testing users have had updating icewm. So if this is you - remember I'm not using testing - try updating icewm in testing and edit this line in preferences (around line 316) as follows:

Code: Select all

#  Disable Imlib's image/pixmap caches
DisableImlibCaches=0 # 0/1
And then restart icewm using the option in the logout menu.

It couldn't hurt to try.

Thanks.

john
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Good try, but didn't work.