anticapitalista
Site Admin
drg - see here for patching xdelta.

========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"http://www.mepis.org/docs/en/index.php?title=Xdelta"
linktext was:"http://www.mepis.org/docs/en/index.php?title=Xdelta"
====================================
rokytnji
Read your reply in chat Anti. Went ahead and edited fstab though to look like (rebooted also)

Code: Select all

# Pluggable devices are handled by uDev, they are not in fstab
/dev/hda7 / ext3 defaults,noatime 1 1
proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts mode=0622 0 0
# Dynamic entries below
/dev/sda1 /mnt/hda1 ext3 noauto,users,exec,relatime 0 0
/dev/sda5 /mnt/hda5 vfat noauto,users,gid=users,dmask=002,fmask=113,relatime 0 0
/dev/sda6 swap swap sw,pri=1 0 0
/dev/sda8 /mnt/hda8 ext3 noauto,users,exec,relatime 0 0
/dev/sdb1 /mnt/hdd1 ext2 noauto,users,exec,relatime 0 0
/dev/sdb2 /mnt/hdd2 ext2 noauto,users,exec,relatime 0 0
/dev/sdb5 /mnt/hdd5 ext3 noauto,users,exec,relatime 0 0
/dev/sdb6 /mnt/hdd6 ext3 noauto,users,exec,relatime 0 0
/dev/sdb7 /mnt/hdd7 vfat noauto,users,gid=users,dmask=002,fmask=113,relatime 0 0
/dev/sdb8 swap swap sw,pri=1 0 0
/dev/cdrom /media/cdrom udf,iso9660 noauto,users,exec,ro 0 0
/dev/sdc /media/cdrom udf,iso9660 noauto,users,exec,ro 0 0
/mnt/ as you noticed lists hd instead of sd. This is all ide drive by the way. Should I rename the folders in /mnt as root next? I'm tooooooooo large to be a bear lost in the woods. __{{emoticon}}__
will try uuid next but unsure on how to edit. Do I delete edited __{{emoticon}}__ doh!!!!!!!!

Just opened pcmanfm as root and decided to check before finishing flapping my pie hole. Looks like everything is mounting now with above edit. Look see here.

So did I put a fix to it? Like we say out here in West Tx. __{{emoticon}}__

Edit: Testing of qmmp done with /home/music folder.

Off to see what else I can fix or break.
anticapitalista
Site Admin
You fixed it __{{emoticon}}__
rokytnji
Ok. To elaborate. Tested Streamtuner. QMMP opened up. Just went with classic rock station on first screen. Played Ok when opening stream. Now for different test. Running Live CD now.

I took my delta patched CDRW AntiX 11 disk and inserted in my IBM A22m Laptop (which runs AntiX 8.5 internally). Booted it up like a nooby/someone not familiar with AntiX or does not read the main page or help files either, (without using F keys) just letting it time out. Specs on Laptop. Pentium 3 1000HZ ,256MB ram, 700+ MB of swap.

demo@antiX1:~$ inxi -F
System:    Host antiX1 Kernel 2.6.32-1-mepis-smp i686 (32 bit) Distro antiX-M11-686-pt2 22 January 2011
CPU:       Single core Pentium III (Coppermine) (-UP-) cache 256 KB flags (sse) bmips 1993.75 clocked at 1000.00 MHz 
Graphics:  Card ATI Rage Mobility P/M AGP 2x X.Org 1.7.7 Res: 1024x768@85.0hz 
           GLX Renderer Software Rasterizer GLX Version 2.1 Mesa 7.7.1 Direct Rendering Yes
Audio:     Card Cirrus Logic CS 4614/22/24/30 [CrystalClear SoundFusion Audio Accelerator] driver Sound Fusion CS46xx BusID: 00:05.0
           Sound: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Version 1.0.21
Network:   Card-1 3Com 3c556B CardBus [Tornado] driver 3c59x at port 2c00 BusID: 00:03.0
           Card-2 RaLink RT2561/RT61 802.11g PCI driver rt61pci v: 2.3.0 BusID: 06:00.0
Disks:     HDD Total Size: 20.0GB (-) 1: /dev/hda IC25N020ATCS04-0 20.0GB 
Partition: ID:/ size: 16M used: 102K (1%) fs: rootfs ID:swap-1 size: 0.76GB used: 0.00GB (0%) fs: swap 
Info:      Processes 92 Uptime 18 min Memory 128.3/247.8MB Runlevel 5 Client Shell inxi 1.4.23 
demo@antiX1:~$ 
Connected up via wireless using Wicd OK with using Automatic in preferences in Wicd with wlan0 for wireless interface. Rox opens up my other partitions in /mnt/ OK as user. Sound works. Headphones Work. Have to set a run action (used qmmp) in rox file manager though to play a sound file (pardus wav) running live.

As far as Wallpapers go Anti. I have sick tastes (skimpy clad women and motorcycles) so you don't want to hear about it from me. Let the other users comment on em. Just using this post to show what gear the test 2 can boot up and how well it works on this low end gear laptop. Thats it for now. Oh yeah. Flash works just fine if you pause to let it load up running wireless on this Laptop,
Cuttlefish
anti-
I really like the new wallpapers especially arboleda. Really good stuff. I really like those kind of images. Occasionally I get an xmessage that says "fbsetbg: Can't find wallpaper" and then I need to reset it. I'm not sure what I'm doing incorrectly.
I found this in Gentoo.
url was:"http://bugs.gentoo.org/258412"
linktext was:"http://bugs.gentoo.org/258412"
I'm trying to sort through this. It may have something to do with xscreensaver.

I used a USB stick to grab Ash off of 8.5 and added it to a fresh install of M11. That worked without a hitch. My pc has 2 hard drives and I was able to mount sdb1 from sda7(M11) and check out some Vista files. Slitaz app. worked great. Streamtuner and qmmp worked as expected.

I tried gxine and it played the intro but then I got a read error from the DVD. I thought that I may need to add libdvdcss2, but could not find it in Synaptic. Does Squeeze not include it? or am I just doing something wrong?

M11 is looking real good. It runs very fast. Added Chromium from Synaptic and it is screamingly fast. I also added xscreensaver and a few hundred screensavers to boot. Screensaver app also works well.
I have yet to add my Nvidia driver via sgfxi.
Last edited by Cuttlefish on 25 Jan 2011, 09:43, edited 2 times in total.
dolphin_oracle
Just tried the liveusb made with dd. works good. i like qmmp, although some of the themes for it still refer to xmms. drag and drop playlists from Rox was natural. One odd thing...with the equalizer windows open in qmmp, qmmp shows up twice on the taskbar. Rox as usual finds all my drives. I did have an issue with my usb sticks showing up under /mnt instead of /media, but they were there and available.

I missed that there were new wallpapers. I'll check em out.

will the final M11 have a new kernel?
dolphin_oracle
Checked out the new wallpapers. I went with the penguin! I also really like the new"zen" wallpaper.

Now the chooser...its closer, but if you say"no" to the"do you wish to apply" question, it still closes. If you say noit needs to go back to the selection window. Just sayin.

also two more tidbits...I had to set wicd to use dhclient instead of"auto", but I'm on a flakey hotel network and that may be the culprit tonight. Also, volume in alsamixer was still set to 0. This is on the eeepc 904ha.

demo@antiX1:~$ inxi -F
System:    Host antiX1 Kernel 2.6.32-1-mepis-smp i686 (32 bit) Distro antiX-M11-686-pt2 22 January 2011
CPU:       Single core Intel Atom N270 (-HT-) cache 512 KB flags (nx sse sse2 sse3 ssse3) bmips 3193.43 
           Clock Speeds: (1) 800.00 MHz (2) 1333.00 MHz
Graphics:  Card Intel Mobile 945GME Express Integrated Graphics Controller X.Org 1.7.7 Res: 1024x600@59.5hz 
           GLX Renderer Mesa DRI Intel 945GME GEM 20091221 2009Q4 x86/MMX/SSE2 GLX Version 1.4 Mesa 7.7.1 Direct Rendering Yes
Audio:     Card Intel N10/ICH 7 Family High Definition Audio Controller driver HDA Intel BusID: 00:1b.0
           Sound: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Version 1.0.21
Network:   Card-1 Atheros AR5001 Wireless Network Adapter driver ath5k v: 0.6.0 BusID: 01:00.0
           Card-2 Atheros AR8121/AR8113/AR8114 Gigabit or Fast Ethernet driver ATL1E at port ec00 BusID: 03:00.0
Disks:     HDD Total Size: 164.1GB (-) 1: /dev/sda ST9160827AS 160.0GB 
           2: USB /dev/sdb SanDisk_Cruzer 4.0GB 
Partition: ID:/ size: 16M used: 104K (1%) fs: rootfs ID:swap-1 size: 1.67GB used: 0.00GB (0%) fs: swap 
Info:      Processes 132 Uptime 9 min Memory 138.7/1000.8MB Runlevel 5 Client Shell inxi 1.4.23 
rokytnji
Just tested antiXcc (control panel, crossed wrenches in icewm taskbar) on my install. All tools open as they should. Including Ceni, Rutilt, and Wicd. No problems here with antiXcc.
rokytnji
Menu everything works or at least they open. I don't have a scanner to test xsane with. I did something to qmmp where I closed two windows in taskbar thinking 3 qmmps opened, so now when I open qmmp I just get the small window. Not used to qmmp yet.

Edit. This search term is getting me now wheres,
qmmp restore equalizer and display window after closing
Edit again: For anybody as dumb as me that closes equalizer and display window. What I did to fix it so far is to delete ~/.qmmp folder and reboot the computer. Now qmmp opens with equalizer and display window again.

Man. I am such a noob. I just found the eq and display buttons. So I did not need to delete folder and reboot after all (even though I did this already) Doh __{{emoticon}}__

Deleteing ~/.qmmp loses all skins except for default. So now I am doing a reinstall of everything related to qmmp in synaptic to try and fix my screwup. Which did not load any skins I see. I guess I will have to add manually from
url was:"http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Qmmp+skin+-+Winamp+modern?content=126529"
linktext was:"http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/ ... ent=126529"
rokytnji
Ha Ha. Git er done bubba. Place skin in ~/.qmmp and make it executable when using .wsz

Grabbing skins from

url was:"http://www.1001skins.com/skins_overview.html?sort=skin_reviews&page=1"
linktext was:"http://www.1001skins.com/skins_overview ... ews&page=1"
Carmen Electra skin is a must for me. __{{emoticon}}__

what choices I have now for qmmp skins.

Cuttlefish
fbsetbg: Can't find wallpaper

For what this is worth: When in Fluxbox and I use only the Emerge"Style" I get the above message. I noticed that in the last wallpaper file this does not appear |fbset root|style| :0.0.

Is this a bug?
The other styles appear to be fine.
Dave
anticapitalista
Site Admin
It is due to the style. It needs editing as root.

/usr/share/fluxbox/styles/Emerge/theme.cfg

Put a ! in front of last line to look like this.

!background: none
afab4
Where did the B43 drivers go?
Or did I miss something new in this version?
This is the first time I have not been able to get an antiX distro working easily with my wireless Broadcom card.
The B43 directory in /lib/firmware/ is just not in this version. Ceni finds the card OK but that's as far as I can get.
Cuttlefish
Put a ! in front of last line to look like this.

!background: none

Thanks anti. I think I remember reading that in that Gentoo post...never connected those synapses...maybe someday. __{{emoticon}}__
Cuttlefish
I tried gxine and it played the intro but then I got a read error from the DVD. I thought that I may need to add libdvdcss2, but could not find it in Synaptic. Does Squeeze not include it? or am I just doing something wrong?
Yeah..Doing something wrong. I guess it would help if I uncommented the multimedia repo. Arghh. __{{emoticon}}__

Gxine works fine. Sorry just me.