topic title: antiX Donations
Jerry
We have been using it for MX donations without problem for the last 6 months or so. Weird.
KrunchTime
Neither donation link works as of this post.
jdmeaux1952
I had used it in November, but haven't been able to do since.
Alanarchy
Posts 0
Alanarchy
You know this still isn't working, Anti? __{{emoticon}}__ __{{emoticon}}__
Jerry
Hey anti: the MX one works, do you want to share it? I could just track the antiX donations separately (or see if I could add you email address for notification) and transfer to your PayPal acc't on some schedule.
rust collector
I have some cash left on my paypal account... I need to get rid of it...
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Edited first post to show new link for donations - thanks Jerry.

========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"http://www.mepiscommunity.org/donate"
linktext was:"http://www.mepiscommunity.org/donate"
====================================
Jerry
You're welcome! You already have received some donations from MX users who recognize the importance of what I have taken to calling the"code-parent."

How it works: the donations go to Paypal, and I get an email about any deposit that is tagged"MX" or"antiX." I keep a running spreadsheet on the account's status, and report to the MX moderators about once a quarter just so there is some oversight. anti is shared with that spreadsheet, and can see that report as well since he is a moderator over there, but if there is someone besides him who should get that report for the antiX group please let me know.

What it is used for: the primary purpose is to be able to cover out-of-pocket costs for maintaining the distros, and more generally, to promote development. I am just paying now MX server and domain registration costs for 2014.
Last edited by Jerry on 13 Jul 2015, 11:48, edited 2 times in total.
Jerry
__{{emoticon}}__ __{{emoticon}}__ __{{emoticon}}__

Better: I will post the spreadsheet to Google Docs and share with anti, then he will always know what the status is and can share it if he wishes.

__{{emoticon}}__ __{{emoticon}}__ __{{emoticon}}__
dirkd
I'm unable to make a donation. Error message: this recipient is currently unable to receive money.
Jerry
I'll take a look, but it has been working without problem ever since we set it up and I just received an antiX donation 2 days ago.

EDIT: I just made a $1 dontaion without problem, so it is working correctly. Are you using
========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"antix.freeforu ms.org/post39221.html#p39221"
linktext was:"the correct link"
====================================
?
dirkd
OK, done!
Jerry
And received by antiX--much appreciated!
paraquat
OK, donation of US$100 to antiX, just made (few minutes ago). Looks like it went through, but let me know if/when received. Email address outsideinntaiwan att gmail

cheers,
P.
Jerry
Just received--thank you very much!