Dave
I have figured out how to set up a debian repository and have done so on my server. The antix applications can now be downloaded and installed via apt.

add this line to the /etc/apt/sources.list
deb
========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"http://daveserver.dyndns-web.com/antix-repo"
linktext was:"http://daveserver.dyndns-web.com/antix-repo"
====================================
wheezy main contrib non-free

run synaptic, reload and search antix. There should be four apps that follow this theme ( antix-*****-utils ) these are the utilities from antix M11 full. So those that would like to upgrade to the M11 utilities now can easilly, and those that would like the utilities can also do so easilly. There may be some dependancies that are missing, I was not sure of all of them. If you find any, post a reply so that they can be added.
Last edited by Dave on 23 Jul 2011, 20:42, edited 1 time in total.
rokytnji
Will try in my AntiX 8.5 701SD EEEPC later (zzzzzzzzzzz) Just did a apt-get dist-upgrade in it (kept me up late) eyes are crossed (cant see straight on this itty bitty screen).

I already have your inxi gtk/gui on this when you posted that inxi thread. Not even sure yet what else I installed on here that you made (gotta check later)

Code: Select all

$ inxi -F
System:    Host antiX1 Kernel 2.6.38-3.dmz.1-liquorix-686 i686 (32 bit) Distro antiX-M8.5-686-update 27 July 2010
CPU:       Single core Intel Celeron M (-UP-) cache 512 KB flags (nx sse sse2) bmips 1795.48 clocked at 897.740 MHz 
Graphics:  Card: Intel Mobile 915GM/GMS/910GML Express Graphics Controller bus-ID: 00:02.0 X.Org 1.9.5 Res: 800x480@60.0hz 
           GLX Renderer Mesa DRI Intel 915GM GEM 20100330 DEVELOPMENT x86/MMX/SSE2 GLX Version 1.4 Mesa 7.10 Direct Rendering Yes
Audio:     Card Intel 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family) High Definition Audio Controller driver HDA Intel bus-ID: 00:1b.0
           Sound: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Version 1.0.23
Network:   Card-1 Realtek RTL8187SE Wireless LAN Controller driver r8180 port d800 bus-ID: 01:00.0
           Card-2 Atheros AR8121/AR8113/AR8114 Gigabit or Fast Ethernet driver ATL1E port ec00 bus-ID: 03:00.0
Disks:     HDD Total Size: 8.1GB (-) 1: /dev/sda ASUS 8.1GB 
Partition: ID:/ size: 7.4G used: 3.4G (48%) fs: rootfs 
Sensors:   System Temperatures: cpu: 54.0C mobo: N/A 
           Fan Speeds (in rpm): cpu: 1400 
Info:      Processes 92 Uptime 53 min Memory 243.5/1000.6MB Runlevel 5 Client Shell inxi 1.4.98 
I aint broke this install yet __{{emoticon}}__ not from lack of trying

inxi -r
Repos:     Active apt sources in file: /etc/apt/sources.list
           deb http://ftp.ca.debian.org/debian/ testing main contrib non-free
           deb http://security.debian.org/ testing/updates main contrib non-free
           deb http://www.debian-multimedia.org testing main non-free
           deb http://liquorix.net/debian/ sid main
           deb http://ftp.belnet.be/mirror/liquorix.net/debian sid main
           deb http://eeepc.debian.net/debian sid main contrib non-free
           deb-src http://eeepc.debian.net/debian sid main contrib non-free
$ cat /etc/issue
Debian GNU/Linux wheezy/sid \n \l
$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID:    Debian
Description:    Debian GNU/Linux testing (wheezy)
Release:    testing
Codename:    wheezy
So no need to install AntiX 11 yet and write another all day how too yet. __{{emoticon}}__
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Thanks Dave.

I'll give this a good test out in a few days time by installing antiX-core and then installing these antiX apps.

As well as zenity, gtkdialog is needed. Now gtkdialog is not in squeeze, wheezy nor sid IIRC but in Lenny. It is probably a very good idea to download the gtkdialog deb from Debian lenny and make it available on your server.
Dave
ok will do, thanks anti. Will post back when it is done.
Edit:
ok it is now including gtkdialog, antix-misc-utils should install everything based on dependancy issues

antix-system-utils ( zenity, gtkdialog )
antix-cc-utils ( zenity, gtkdialog, antix-system-utils )
antix-wm-utils ( zenity, gtkdialog, antix-system-utils, antix-cc-utils )
antix-misc-utils ( zenity, gtkdialog, antix-system-utils, antix-cc-utils, antix-wm-utils )
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Hello again Dave. Nice you included the gtkdialog in you repos. Very important and a potential lifesaver (well sort of __{{emoticon}}__ )

Ok, I installed antiX-core, installed xorg, fluxbox. conky, sux, leafpad, slim then added your repo, installed antiX-cc apps (or whatever it is called). Good news is that the antiXcc opens as zenity and gtkdialog are also downloaded as dependencies.
Bad new is that many of the options in antixcc don't work as other dependencies are not installed ef gksu, geany. Also no icons get installed so it looks pretty ugly.

If you are up for it Dave, we could use your repo as a general antiX repo. The aim is to keep is as minimal as possible, but users would be able, for example, to install antiX-core then install xorg and our version of fluxbox or icewm and our apps eg antiXcc-base or antiXcc-full and locales for each. This needs work and, as I said, if you want this on your repo, I'll help you with the dependencies etc.
eriefisher
Hey all

Dave, if you change the"architecture" line in the control file to"all" it will allow Debian 64bit users to antiXize their install. Of course this will only work on scripts, actual binaries need to be one or the other.

Food for thought.
Dave
Sorry erie,

The architecture in the deb control files were set to all, I had to set the repository to all. This was not possible, so I found a list off of the debian website for supported architectures and added every one to the repository config should be alright for all the scripts.
Dave
@ anti, did not notice your post at first, have seen it now.
I have no problems using this repo as a general antix repo, in fact is was my intention. Started this as an easy way to upgrade the 8.5 full installs to 11 full installs, I knew that I would need to do it and others as well. Help with the dependencies would be great as that is the only difficult part. Also, I think restructuring these packages in the future would be great, to keep it as minimal as possible.
rokytnji
Just installed in 8.5 core install on LXDE Desktop (no fluxbox or icewm)

So of course. I have limitations like setting wallpaper. The gui inxi does not work in Lxde I guess also.
Everything else like screenshooter. Mountbox. Gparted. is cool though.

Can't expect scripts to cover all bases. Thanks Dave. __{{emoticon}}__
rokytnji

harry@biker:~$ inxi -r
Repos:     Active apt sources in file: /etc/apt/sources.list
           deb http://ftp.ca.debian.org/debian/ testing main contrib non-free
           deb http://security.debian.org/ testing/updates main contrib non-free
           deb http://liquorix.net/debian/ sid main
           deb http://daveserver.homelinux.com/antix-repo wheezy main contrib non-free
I have already done a apt-get update and a smxi dist-upgrade plus a liqourix kernel install Dave on this Desktop Tonight.

~$ inxi -F
System:    Host biker Kernel 2.6.38-7.dmz.2-liquorix-686 i686 (32 bit) 
           Desktop Fluxbox 1.3.1 Distro antiX-M11-base-686 Jayaben Desai 25 April 2011
Machine:   System GATEWAY product W3507 version 500
           Mobo Intel model D102GGC2 version AAD70214-201 Bios Intel version GC11020M.15A.2010.2006.0817.0956 date 08/17/2006
CPU:       Single core Intel Celeron D CPU (-UP-) cache 512 KB flags (lm nx sse sse2 sse3) clocked at 3199.970 MHz 
Graphics:  Card: ATI RC410 [Radeon Xpress 200] X.Org 1.10.2 driver radeon Resolution 1024x768@85.0hz 
           GLX Renderer Gallium 0.4 on ATI RC410 GLX Version 2.1 Mesa 7.10.2
Audio:     Card ATI IXP SB4x0 High Definition Audio Controller driver HDA Intel Sound: ALSA v: 1.0.23
Network:   Card Realtek RTL-8139/8139C/8139C+ driver 8139too 
           IF: eth0 state: down speed: 10 Mbps duplex: half mac: 00:16:76:dd:65:f5
Drives:    HDD Total Size: 120.0GB (1.9% used) 1: /dev/sda ST3120213A 120.0GB 
Partition: ID:/ size: 109G used: 2.2G (3%) fs: ext3 ID:swap-1 size: 2.17GB used: 0.00GB (0%) fs: swap 
Sensors:   System Temperatures: cpu: 47.1C mobo: 47.2C 
           Fan Speeds (in rpm): cpu: 2267 fan-2: 1083 fan-4: 0 
Info:      Processes 82 Uptime 1:09 Memory 130.7/435.9MB Client Shell inxi 1.7.5-2 
harry@biker:~$ lsusb
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0bda:8189 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. RTL8187B Wireless 802.11g 54Mbps Network Adapter
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 058f:9360 Alcor Micro Corp. 8-in-1 Media Card Reader
Errors I am getting trying to install antix-cc-util and antix-sys-util in antix 11 base iso install.

debconf: unable to initialize frontend: Gnome
debconf: (Unable to load Gnome -- is libgnome2-perl installed?)
debconf: falling back to frontend: Dialog
(Reading database ... 71955 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking antix-system-utils (from .../antix-system-utils_1.0.0_all.deb) ...
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/antix-system-utils_1.0.0_all.deb (--unpack):
 trying to overwrite '/usr/local/bin/user-management', which is also in package dave-apps 1.2.6
configured to not write apport reports
                                      dpkg-deb: error: subprocess paste was killed by signal (Broken pipe)
Unpacking antix-cc-utils (from .../antix-cc-utils_1.0.0_all.deb) ...
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/antix-cc-utils_1.0.0_all.deb (--unpack):
 trying to overwrite '/usr/local/bin/wallpaper.sh', which is also in package dave-apps 1.2.6
configured to not write apport reports
                                      Errors were encountered while processing:
 /var/cache/apt/archives/antix-system-utils_1.0.0_all.deb
 /var/cache/apt/archives/antix-cc-utils_1.0.0_all.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
A package failed to install.  Trying to recover:
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of antix-wm-utils:
 antix-wm-utils depends on antix-system-utils; however:
  Package antix-system-utils is not installed.
 antix-wm-utils depends on antix-cc-utils; however:
  Package antix-cc-utils is not installed.
dpkg: error processing antix-wm-utils (--configure):
 dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of antix-misc-utils:
 antix-misc-utils depends on antix-system-utils; however:
  Package antix-system-utils is not installed.
 antix-misc-utils depends on antix-wm-utils; however:
  Package antix-wm-utils is not configured yet.
 antix-misc-utils depends on antix-cc-utils; however:
  Package antix-cc-utils is not installed.
dpkg: error processing antix-misc-utils (--configure):
 dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Errors were encountered while processing:
 antix-wm-utils
 antix-misc-utils
debconf: unable to initialize frontend: Gnome
debconf: (Unable to load Gnome -- is libgnome2-perl installed?)
should I install libgnome2-perl to fix this problem or is this unrelated to my errors? Up late so won't do anything till tomorrow afternoon.
Dave
Rokytnji,

I am not 100% sure which scripts are installed in M11 base at the moment, but the problem is that some of them are already installed through another package ( dave-apps made before release of M11) . If you are missing some of the antiX apps, then you will need to do apt-get purge dave-apps followed by the installation of antix-cc-utils, antix-sys-utils, antixwm-utils, and antix-misc-utils.

The error is just from the packaging that has been done, as dave-apps and antix-sys-utils contain the same scripts ( package conflict ). I am wishing to fix this in the future by packaging all the apps separately so you can install only the antiX apps that you wish to have .
rokytnji
No problemo Dave,

I lost conkytoggleflux.sh and antixscreenshot.sh after trying to install yesterday. Already fixed it with live cd and mounting /dev/sda1 while running live and copyong deleted files over to repair. Just saying for info.

Edit:seems I lost a few other things as well.

Decided to just go ahead and edit fluxbox menu application test file manually instead. Maybe later do another wbar on this install also. I'm pretty much keeping this install stock with rox and just a few added things like gxine and goggles music manager and qmmp and libreoffice. So not a lot to editing menu or setting up wbar.

After thinking about it today. Figured there was a conflict with base antixcc.sh and your antixcc.sh probably. So no biggy.
Dave
Alright, just posting to say that this is not a lost project even though the repository on my server may or may not be working at the moment. I have been working on building deb packages for all the antiX scripts and apps, all separate. While I have been doing this, every app that gets packaged I would like to investigate them for being cleaned, upgraded, and improved in general. OU812 and I have upgraded the wallpaper app, and it is currently complete and packaged for icewm and fluxbox, partially for openbox. Add-start is complete and reworked also, packaged some others but I will be contacting the authors of them if I can see a way of improvement.
Some requests:
- Anyone that had wrote an"antiX app" and is modifying it in any way could you post a relpy or send me a message so that I do not spend time packaging that app as it is now __{{emoticon}}__ .
- If you see an improvement, post as well and I will look into getting it added.
- Please help out with depends, if you know some depends of a script of app please post.
secipolla
Hi Dave, don't know if you've done it already but you could package the IceWM and the Fluxbox menu scripts.
They depend on python-gtk2 and lxmenu-data, IIRC. They need postinst/postrm scripts too as they need a link from /etc/xdg/menus/lxde-applications.menu to /etc/xdg/menus/applications.menu

In antiX there's a setup that includes a script to update them but you could then leave that out or edit it to use a common icon theme like the gnome-icon-theme so it can be used by Debian users too.
antiX base I suppose that it includes already the Fluxbox script but it would be useful for people installing from antiX core or for people setting up IceWM/Fluxbox in Debian.
Dave
Ok secipolla,
I did not know that it needed a link from lxde-applications.menu to applications.menu, so I will be sure to include that in a postinst / postrm script.