thriftee
Yes, I will try reloading a 64 bit OS.

And yes, bitjam, you were correct

iwlwifi 0000:05:00.0: firmware failed to load iwlwifi-7265D-26.ucode (-2)

Too tired to type the rest in tonight. At work, they had me working on so many different things today that by the end of the day I couldn't remember my home phone number.

I was able to get a copy of the missing file and will see if it solves the problem. The computer is a very new design (Intel 3165 Wifi) so it makes sense that the driver wasn't so easy to find.
thriftee
BTW, When I first loaded the 64 bit version on my UEFI Dell, I tried to update the EFI grub but got an error that it couldn't update grub, but I'm sorry I didn't write down the exact error. That was why I tried updating the MBR (which was a mistake on my part), eventually, which left the machine only able to boot AntiX by default. I suspect others will have this same problem, so the EFI grub update should be looked at, please.

I reinstalled to get the error again...

minstall

Sorry, installing GRUB failed. This may be due to a change in the disk formatting. You can uncheck GRUB and finish installing antiX Linux then reboot to the CD and repair the installation with the reinstall GRUB function/

OK