anticapitalista
Site Admin
So is the liquorix kernel faster? Does wireless work ootb? How about audio?
rokytnji
Kernel boot speed about the same. Shutdown also. Both slowed down after apt-get dist-upgrade. Probably halevt fault. Haven't edited Icewm or Fluxbox startup yet to comment out halevt&.

Wireless works. Have not tested hardline yet but am confident it will work as driver is loaded (shwn in inxi)

Sound works tthe same as other kernel. Have speakers working but no mic (needles don't bounce in mhwavedit). Running 1.0.23 alsa. Noticed in both kernels I don't have a option to switch between mic 1 and mic 2. So something is missing like I had with tap on Mousepad. Have not investigated fully yet.

Other than that (problem is in both kernels so probably not kernel specific) Liquourix works quite well. Wish I could figure out the mic as fast as I figured out mousepad tap.

Edit: Posting my Asus EEEPC 900 Alsamixer screenshot for reference as it has a
working mic in alsamixer.
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Make the halevt change and reboot/shudown time will be much faster.
rokytnji
anticapitalista wrote:Make the halevt change and reboot/shudown time will be much faster.
Done. It does improve boot and shutdown speed Anti.
elohelomg
rokytnji wrote:
anticapitalista wrote:Make the halevt change and reboot/shudown time will be much faster.
Done. It does improve boot and shutdown speed Anti.

How'd you go about doing this? Sorry, still a linux nooblet, but very interested.
rokytnji
Open up. AntiX control Center. Pick Edit Icewm Button. When Geany text editor opens. Go to tab on toolbar that says Startup. Click it. Scroll down till you see

Code: Select all

halevt &
Make it look like this. When ever anyone in the Linux communty says comment out something. They mean put a"#" in front of text/sentence line.

#halvet &

Hit the save button in toolbar.

I am coaching you the slow way because you say you are a new Linux user. As you get comfortable later. You can take shortcuts. But I aint gonna confuse with those yet. Back to the wading pool.

Close Geany text editor.

Hit the edit Fluxbox button in antiX control center.

go to startup button again on taskbar and click it. Scroll down and edit halvet just like you did in Icewm. Remember to hit the save button before closing geany text editor. You are done.
Happy Trails, Rok
elohelomg
can i have a portable you...?
rokytnji
elohelomg wrote:can i have a portable you...?
Nope. I am only available to my wife as a portable you. And she is the jealous type and is certified by the police as a 9mm marksman. __{{emoticon}}__
rokytnji
Asus EEEPC 701SD AntiX 8.5 Alsamixer Mic.

Ok. I got mic working with all other sound in my 701SD using the Liquorix 2.6.35 kernel. This fix should also be working in stevo 2.6.34 kernel also. But I have not tested this part yet. Edi: Tested and works in 2.6.34 stevo also/

Edited My /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf. I added to the end of text file as root user using leafpad

options snd-hda-intel model=basic
Saved changes and rebooted netbook. Opened mhwavedit and joy. In record my needles were maxed out and the numbers underneath were rolling. I had to open alsamixer in terminal and turn down mic boost all the way and adjust front mic boost to 33.Capture is set to 59 and digital is set now to 55.

Since making these changes (modifying /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf) mhwavedit shows a crash report every time I start it. I just pick the start new session button and do my test. My above settings seem acceptable (no screech or static). This was just done so I may be doing more adjustments later. Don't know why mhwavedit is showing a crash report every time I open it. Mhwavedit may not like my alsa-base.conf changes maybe. Don't know. Kinda don't care either as long as I have fully working sound. mhwavedit hissy fit can be put up with for now. Edit: deleting all mhwavedit
crash sessions fixed the crash report opening in mhwavedit start.

My full /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf below. (anybody reading this. make sure you make a backup of /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf before making any changes)

# autoloader aliases
install sound-slot-0 /sbin/modprobe snd-card-0
install sound-slot-1 /sbin/modprobe snd-card-1
install sound-slot-2 /sbin/modprobe snd-card-2
install sound-slot-3 /sbin/modprobe snd-card-3
install sound-slot-4 /sbin/modprobe snd-card-4
install sound-slot-5 /sbin/modprobe snd-card-5
install sound-slot-6 /sbin/modprobe snd-card-6
install sound-slot-7 /sbin/modprobe snd-card-7
# Cause optional modules to be loaded above generic modules
install snd /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install snd && { /sbin/modprobe --quiet snd-ioctl32 ; /sbin/modprobe --quiet snd-seq ; }
install snd-rawmidi /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install snd-rawmidi && { /sbin/modprobe --quiet snd-seq-midi ; : ; }
install snd-emu10k1 /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install snd-emu10k1 && { /sbin/modprobe --quiet snd-emu10k1-synth ; : ; }

# Prevent abnormal drivers from grabbing index 0
options bt87x index=-2
options cx88_alsa index=-2
options snd-atiixp-modem index=-2
options snd-intel8x0m index=-2
options snd-via82xx-modem index=-2
# Keep snd-pcsp from beeing loaded as first soundcard
options snd-pcsp index=-2
# Keep snd-usb-audio from beeing loaded as first soundcard
options snd-usb-audio index=-2
options snd-hda-intel model=basic
This was the last stumbling block as far as I know with a AntiX 8.5 Full Iso Install on a Asus EEEPC 701SD. As far as I know so far. I have posted on this forum every way to get a EEEPC 701SD or EEEPC 900 run AntiX 8.5 to the point where everything works. Sound.Wireless.Camera. Wired Land Line. Kernel Upgrades, Fixing Mouse Tap. The info is there. So Use it.

Happy Trails, Rok