jackfrost
Hi All,

I connect to the internet using a ZTE MF622 dongle on 3's network here in the UK.
Question,has anyone managed to connect to the internet using one of these dongles with Antix,as I'd like to install Antix on my old box and drop WinDos.It will not connect even when I use UMTSMON!!
oldhoghead
Site Admin
Don't know anything about that dongle, but found this maybe it will help:

========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"http://blog.ufsoft.org/zte-mf622-usb-modem-under-linux"
linktext was:"http://blog.ufsoft.org/zte-mf622-usb-modem-under-linux"
====================================
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false

cheers,
oldhoghead
eriefisher
I have managed to use two different usb modems in antix. Both Sierra chips I think. If you can post some spec etc. we may be able to help.
teresaejunior
jackfrost wrote:Hi All,

I connect to the internet using a ZTE MF622 dongle on 3's network here in the UK.
Question,has anyone managed to connect to the internet using one of these dongles with Antix,as I'd like to install Antix on my old box and drop WinDos.It will not connect even when I use UMTSMON!!
This must be one of those modems that needs switching. Well, then you'll have probably to use usbmodeswitch. I'm am not in my machine now, so I can't explain much further. But search google for your model and usbmodeswitch instructions.

Switching means that linux thinks your modem is a removable media, and the removable media (usb-storage) has to be dettached and the modem attached.

After that you can connect using umtsmon, wvdial or any ppp dialer.
jackfrost
Hi All,
thanks for the replies.Yes,you are correct as I've been told that my zte usb dongle is one of those types that need to be switched.I shall Google for more info.
eriefisher
Vodafone offered an app for some usb modems. I don't know if they still offer it or not.

UMTSMON and usbmodeswitch should get it going. Run UMTSMON as root.