damascus
AntiX has completely disabled just about the worst malware known to exist. A Motherboard rootkit using a Xen hypervisor. I have been fighting this completely alone for over 10 months, because all the experts say that"Bad Bios" does not exist.

It took me 6 months to discover that the malware used a hypervisor. I accidently discovered that antiX can completely disable the malware.

For the first time in over 10 months I am running off a hard drive, wired to the internet, and free of surveillance. I am so close to victory...but I badly need help.

(I wrote a much longer post earlier but it vanished into the ether.)
rokytnji
1st thing . Are you running MXLinux or AntiX Linux. Open a terminal and type in

Code: Select all

inxi -F
to find out. Also copy and paste post that readout in code tags in next post here. Advance reply>code button> paste>code button.

If AntiX.

Open a terminal and do , you must be connected to the internet for this to work.

sudo apt-get update
Let it finish.

Next command is

sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
when asked about /etc/skel . Type in"y" for yes. Then hit enter.
Like the previous command. Wait for it to finish.

My question. Did you md5sum check your antix iso before a install? Hopefully you got a good download if the answer is no.

Any other questions about yes or no answers while dist-upgradeing. Post back here and wait for a answer. I usually go with yes
on my installs now. Probably safe for you to answer yes also since it is a fresh install.

readout so we can see what you are running and what you are running on. Be sure and read the sticky I made in this section of the forum. I made it so users could help themselves solve problems they might not understand. The red"How to search" in my signature takes you right to my sticky in this section of the forum.

Howdy and Welcome.
skidoo
Which mfg and model motherboard?

What mechanism in antiX was able to disable the malware?

Do you have a positive ID on which rootkit was present?
Did the malware utilize (depend on availablity of) ACPI? VT-d?