julian67
I hate desktop icons but I like my own pictures __{{emoticon}}__

antiX+Xfce

I'm so dull that I have the exact same desktop on my 3 different computers, everything's the same except a few applications on the oldest one (cos it can't handle mono)
JawsThemeSwimming428
Did you have any issues installing Xfce on antiX?
julian67
None. I found a good guide:
========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"http://www.mepislovers.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11077&highlight=xfce"
linktext was:"http://www.mepislovers.org/forums/showt ... light=xfce"
====================================

You just need to install xfce4 and xfce4-goodies meta-packages as minimum, and then whatever other bits and pieces you like such as a choice of plug-ins that aren't in the goodies package and then follow the guide.
anticapitalista
Site Admin
That is a very nice and relaxing wallpaper julian67.
julian67
thx, took it in southern Thailand from a boat. I like a fairly neutral background (not too distracting when doing picture editing) but don't want plain colour or corporate blue. I made a screensplash too from one of my gf's pics...all very aquatic __{{emoticon}}__
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Arggh that looks creepy to me julian67. It looks like a whole load of cockroaches on an old blue carpet!

Or maybe I'm having flashbacks of student days in Manchester!
julian67
anticapitalista wrote:Arggh that looks creepy to me julian67. It looks like a whole load of cockroaches on an old blue carpet!

Or maybe I'm having flashbacks of student days in Manchester!
sounds like you had a nice place __{{emoticon}}__

pic is fish seen from side of boat when we went snorkelling off Koh Tao...they nibbled me a bit but they're pretty tiny. Saw a few small sharks too (about 1 - 1.5 metres long) and fortunately they weren't even slightly interested in munching chubby white blokes.